• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran is a freak, 37 and he's playing like this?

JD!!!! they sign Beltran to replace Puljos and you sign Berkman to replace Hamilton?
Dummy.

I kidd our beloved GM
but... dangit

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, happy for Pops, he's been in this thing since he was 7 years old

but yeah, I know
St. Louis is a beast. What can you say. Be prepared to be hearing it from Pops till next year. They'll beat Boston in 6 or completely cream Detroit.

Take note JD.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Bum Phillips died. Wow! Remember him from the ole Houston Oilers days. He was gonna 'kick that door down' losing to the Steelers all those times. He was 90.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis is a beast. What can you say. Be prepared to be hearing it from Pops till next year. They'll beat Boston in 6 or completely cream Detroit.

Take note JD.

Nice thing about him, he would NEVER rub it in. He wouldn't bring up 2011 until I did, and then he basically just said how good Texas was and will be. He never said a word about the Cards.
he knew it was killer for a fan....or maybe he just doesn't want to give his daughter crap,
lol

And you're right of course, they're a great organization...no one can deny that.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thing about him, he would NEVER rub it in. He wouldn't bring up 2011 until I did, and then he basically just said how good Texas was and will be. He never said a word about the Cards.
he knew it was killer for a fan....or maybe he just doesn't want to give his daughter crap,
lol

And you're right of course, they're a great organization...no one can deny that.
He'll mention it now since it's not against us. Just being kind. Where do they get that pitching. Kershaw out dueled by a rookie. Isn't Kershaw a FA or did he go ahead and resigned with LAD?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll mention it now since it's not against us. Just being kind. Where do they get that pitching. Kershaw out dueled by a rookie. Isn't Kershaw a FA or did he go ahead and resigned with LAD?

no, he won't, I'll have to bring it up...honestly.

Kershaw not a FA
and, just heard the Cards beat Kershaw 4 times this year...I think they were the only ones
;)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dad also said awhile ago, he's not sure what they'll do with Beltran when they have Taveras most likely coming up next year

After this performance, they may re-sign him for a couple, (there are rumors) but what do you do with that promising rookie?

sounds familar

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad also said awhile ago, he's not sure what they'll do with Beltran when they have Taveras most likely coming up next year

After this performance, they may re-sign him for a couple, (there are rumors) but what do you do with that promising rookie?

sounds familar
Trade him to us. But that won't happen. Beltran may make a good DH for some team.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Moreland is on the team next year as an everyday player... You know this team had a terrible offseason.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Moreland is on the team next year as an everyday player... You know this team had a terrible offseason.
Not true. They could land a solid catcher, DH, and COF and decide not to spend that money on 1B.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gross....cards back in the WS.

I have to say I am glad the Dodgers aren't going to win a WS this year, even w all the money they threw at it

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. They could land a solid catcher, DH, and COF and decide not to spend that money on 1B.

We'll see.... I'm skeptical. At least a good 1st basemen is easier to find than a good catcher or COF.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time for us to develop a pitcher that has as much potential as wacha, rosenthal, or miller. They pull up power arm after power arm. The last two seasons they've lost their best pitcher but have still kept pitching a strength. They make the best low round picks in the big leagues. When other teams draft guys that have no shot, they are drafting guys that have a huge ceiling, but may take a while to get there.

That's what we need to do. They have the best developmental system in the bigs. This is what I want. I want us to home grow a pitcher who throws incredibly hard and can maintain this velocity while also throwing 2 plus off speed pitches.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time for us to develop a pitcher that has as much potential as wacha, rosenthal, or miller. They pull up power arm after power arm. The last two seasons they've lost their best pitcher but have still kept pitching a strength. They make the best low round picks in the big leagues. When other teams draft guys that have no shot, they are drafting guys that have a huge ceiling, but may take a while to get there.

That's what we need to do. They have the best developmental system in the bigs. This is what I want. I want us to home grow a pitcher who throws incredibly hard and can maintain this velocity while also throwing 2 plus off speed pitches.

When the cards were wanting Profar when I think it was furcal that went down, I sure wanted Wacha in return. Guess the cards had no interest for this reason. Kid has a real high ceiling

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who do you think Derek Holland and Martin Perez are? I do wish we had taken Shelby Miller instead of Matt Purke though...hell we could have nabbed Trout or Skaggs too. However I don't think it's the FO fault that the Purke pick blew up. Tom Hicks and his abortion of a financial plan caused that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely HATE to see Kinsler go, but I agree...the guy belongs at 2nd.

Gonna REALLY suck if Profar can't hit, you heard it here first

you Kinsler haters will finally figure out what we have.

don't hate Kinsler, although i wish he would lose that upper cut swing. but anyone who thinks he would be able to shift to 1st base is crazy. he is a 2nd baseman end of subject

Status
Not open for further replies.