• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This Cuban may just be this good. But I swear, I'm glad the Rangers didn't make this commitment.

Got to have more basis in fact than "may just be".

We've seen other Cuban prospects with sky high talent take awhile to be effective at the ML-level. IMO international prospects from LATAM outside Cuba have years of development under professional coaching that the Cubans lack. If CHW wants to spend that sort of money after an untested CIF then they are going down the same unproductive path LAA did with high price FAs.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to have more basis in fact than "may just be".

We've seen other Cuban prospects with sky high talent take awhile to be effective at the ML-level. IMO international prospects from LATAM outside Cuba have years of development under professional coaching that the Cubans lack. If CHW wants to spend that sort of money after an untested CIF then they are going down the same unproductive path LAA did with high price FAs.

I was surprised the price tag got went that high, and the fact that 4 teams were willing to spend 60+ million.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackie Moore interview on ESPN did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised the price tag got went that high, and the fact that 4 teams were willing to spend 60+ million.

CHW has already gone down this path before which is why they are where they are. and obviously they didn't learn from the experience.

now i see the Rangers possibly pursuing Napoli or Loney

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you expect it to? He's on Ryan's side. I'm already tired of hearing about it. I'm ready for JD's make or break off-season to start.

I have not paid much attention to it other than hearing about the announcements. That was the first time I happened to listen to anyone speak in detail about some of it and only because I was in my car at the time. Did not realize that JD was worried about his job at the time when he resigned and the things that Moore states about Ryan I would think most of us would believe in being a stand-up guy. Did not know that Davies was wanting more power either. But the thing that actually bothered me is what we were able to accomplish in a short period of time and what could have been. Much like the Jerry Jones-Jimmy Johnson fiasco and how it short circuited the continuing success of the Cowboys. Hopefully that same trail is not followed by our Rangers and that JD and company keep it going.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHW has already gone down this path before which is why they are where they are. and obviously they didn't learn from the experience.

I think it could be tough to get Napoli away from the Red Sox. He seems to like the chemistry there as well. Would love to have him back.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they will give Mitch another chance and McCann will be our primary target. I think we try and trade Ian, or Profar, and we re-sign Cruz. I hope it's to be the Dh and not play LF. I don't think JD will sign Napoli and McCann, but I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will give Mitch another chance and McCann will be our primary target. I think we try and trade Ian, or Profar, and we re-sign Cruz. I hope it's to be the Dh and not play LF. I don't think JD will sign Napoli and McCann, but I hope I'm wrong.

i disagree about Mitch. they have given him enough chances they will be looking for a 1st baseman after they take care of the catcher situation

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitch needs to be on the bench.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch needs to be on the bench.
Duane, I think you and Scottie are right about Mitch. It's only fair to give a man a shot at proving he is right for the job. In the case of Mitch, he has been given every opportunity to be the 1st baseman of the future and just hasn't cut the mustard. Like Davis, Mitch may go on to become an elite player for some one else but the Ranger club is no longer obligated to Mitch. IMO he needs to go and I believe he will be gone this winter.:agree:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duane, I think you and Scottie are right about Mitch. It's only fair to give a man a shot at proving he is right for the job. In the case of Mitch, he has been given every opportunity to be the 1st baseman of the future and just hasn't cut the mustard. Like Davis, Mitch may go on to become an elite player for some one else but the Ranger club is no longer obligated to Mitch. IMO he needs to go and I believe he will be gone this winter.:agree:

there are several trade rumors involving the Rangers including one for David Price and another that involves Homer Bailey and/or Aroldis Chapman. i expect that one will happen and that we could see Profar, Moreland and others leave

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are several trade rumors involving the Rangers including one for David Price and another that involves Homer Bailey and/or Aroldis Chapman. i expect that one will happen and that we could see Profar, Moreland and others leave
Well if they don't bring in someone else to play 1B then Moreland obviously won't go anywhere. Kinsler playing 1B is one of the dumbest compromises I've heard, and I don't want to see that happen. I'd rather Kins be traded than move positions, because it won't help the team. His value is as a 2B.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they don't bring in someone else to play 1B then Moreland obviously won't go anywhere. Kinsler playing 1B is one of the dumbest compromises I've heard, and I don't want to see that happen. I'd rather Kins be traded than move positions, because it won't help the team. His value is as a 2B.

100% agree...which is why I trade him and roll with Profar:rollseyes:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree which is why i think they make a run at either Napoli or Loney after they fill the catcher hole

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't agree at all. Profar is the only trade bait that any team would look at. Kinsler stays
He's the most valuable trade piece they have, but I wouldn't say only trade bait. Texas is deep enough to move other guys for good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.