• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only radio show I've ever liked listening to is one in Houston, and they only talk about sports a couple times an hour. I hate listening to people call into stations with their ridiculous theories and embarrassing opinions.

One of the reasons The Ticket dominates. Some shows take some calls but they're all usually heavily screened. From what you're describing on the Houston radio station, they're pretty much mimicing what The Ticket started almost 20 years ago. Trust me you will be an instant P1.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JonHeymanCBS: Rangers also in on abreu reports @DannyKnoblerCBS busy day for texas. @Sullivan_Ranger says texas "hot" after jose

Latest on Abreu, still say it's the White Sox.

Happy for Nolan, sad for us. You da man, JD! Make it work!

St. L. In 6 over Boston.

How long ago did TR say this?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that also. It seems like 1 out of 10 has a clue.

One of the reasons The Ticket dominates. Some shows take some calls but they're all usually heavily screened. From what you're describing on the Houston radio station, they're pretty much mimicing what The Ticket started almost 20 years ago. Trust me you will be an instant P1.

No clue. I am hardly ever in the car, and when I am at home, I don't do internet radio. I stay up to date with all breaking info though.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Romeo? An OU WR was caught masturbating in his car, and was busted. He was ticketed and Stoops doesn't expect him to be back.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should listen to The Ticket. The best in the business and literally America's favorite sports radio station.

Sorry....but I couldn't disagree more.

"The Ticket" spends approximately 1/3 of it's time talking about "The Ticket" or it's personnel, where there personnel is/ etc. and another 1/3 of everyday trying to sell you something. Do the math, and see for yourself.

But Mike Rhyner is very, very astute on baseball. Always been impressed - since his HSE days - with his overall knowledge of the game. Excellent really. Don't always agree, but he can explain why he thinks the way he does, and this is good enough for me.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10:15pm: The Rangers will not sign Abreu, Yahoo! Sports' Jeff Passan tweets The White Sox still appear to be the favorites.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Ryan might be missing out on a really fun offseason. Rival talent evaluators believe that the Rangers are going to be very aggressive this winter and pursue the likes of David Price, Masahiro Tanaka, and Brian McCann, according to Buster Olney. Texas is eager to right the ship after missing the playoffs for the first time since 2009. Here's more from around baseball..

I won't get my hopes up for any major deals or multiple major deals like they talked about with Hamilton and Greinke both possibly signing last offseason if ownership approved. Yes there is Darvish and Beltre and the haul the Tex deal brought but it seems like we miss on more big FA or trade deals than we actually land. I get we can't get everyone we target which is why this offseason I will take the wait and see what happens approach before I get too anxious about any one deal and especially multiple major headline signings.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10:15pm: The Rangers will not sign Abreu, Yahoo! Sports' Jeff Passan tweets The White Sox still appear to be the favorites.
Yep. Just read that. Probably a good thing. Hurry up WS get over with. Ready for winter meetings!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Romeo? An OU WR was caught masturbating in his car, and was busted. He was ticketed and Stoops doesn't expect him to be back.

What the hell a college athlete, a WR at OU has to resort to rubbing one out in the car? Dude must be a real doucher, sad story but if the guy was paid to play maybe he could pay for a piece of ass. Just saying

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't get my hopes up for any major deals or multiple major deals like they talked about with Hamilton and Greinke both possibly signing last offseason if ownership approved. Yes there is Darvish and Beltre and the haul the Tex deal brought but it seems like we miss on more big FA or trade deals than we actually land. I get we can't get everyone we target which is why this offseason I will take the wait and see what happens approach before I get too anxious about any one deal and especially multiple major headline signings.

I wish I could do that. You would think it would be easy since we have no control over it, but it's not for me.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just vent about something. I'm no hockey expert but I have season tickets and I've seen enough over the years to judge.

Goligoski is the worst player I've seen on our team in many many years. Literally every time he has the puck its an automatic turn over. I know sometimes its hard to pay attention to little things like that, but if you watch 33 close enough its ridiculous. He either bobbles it, runs into a forecheck, or he makes a pass that leads to a turnover. He is disgraceful. I'm sick and tired of watching it. He doesn't even hit anyone to make up for it. Like if he got in a fight every now and then I'd be fine, but as I'm watching right now I hear "Goligoski fails to pick up the puck and the Sharks have it." That was as I was making this post. Its over and over and over. Fucks sake.

End of rant.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's the White Sox on Abreu for crazy money.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu did sign with WS for more than the cost to get Yu. Too much.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just vent about something. I'm no hockey expert but I have season tickets and I've seen enough over the years to judge.

Goligoski is the worst player I've seen on our team in many many years. Literally every time he has the puck its an automatic turn over. I know sometimes its hard to pay attention to little things like that, but if you watch 33 close enough its ridiculous. He either bobbles it, runs into a forecheck, or he makes a pass that leads to a turnover. He is disgraceful. I'm sick and tired of watching it. He doesn't even hit anyone to make up for it. Like if he got in a fight every now and then I'd be fine, but as I'm watching right now I hear "Goligoski fails to pick up the puck and the Sharks have it." That was as I was making this post. Its over and over and over. Fucks sake.

End of rant.
He really is bad. He and Gonchar both have just been awful this season.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm okay with gonchar though. He is very meaningful off the ice too. He is a huge leader, like jagr was, but he is also mentoring nichuskin who could very well be our best player in 3-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.