• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugghh F'Off Randy Galloway.

AND NO NOLAN IS NOT TOM LANDRY! WHAT IDIOT FANS WOULD THINK AND SAY THAT?
A lot of fans are saying that but I agree with you.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People listen to the radio and just spout whatever the host told them. It's incredibly annoying to be honest.

Rev....you don't have to listen. However, I find it interesting. If it's me, so be it.

But you make yourself sound aloof to someone else's opinion - that's all it is really - when all it is, is a bunch of us chatting about something we value and have high hopes for the future, talking about it.

But listening/reading, observing play a big part in how I form an opinion. I've learned things, observed from this vantage point, and it works for me. Yes, from you too.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban first baseman Jose Dariel Abreu is "finalizing" a six-year, $68MM contract, likely with the White Sox, FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal tweets. Abreu is represented by Praver Shapiro Sports Management. The deal would be the largest contract ever for an international free agent

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Ryan might be missing out on a really fun offseason. Rival talent evaluators believe that the Rangers are going to be very aggressive this winter and pursue the likes of David Price, Masahiro Tanaka, and Brian McCann, according to Buster Olney. Texas is eager to right the ship after missing the playoffs for the first time since 2009. Here's more from around baseball..

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban first baseman Jose Dariel Abreu is "finalizing" a six-year, $68MM contract, likely with the White Sox, FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal tweets. Abreu is represented by Praver Shapiro Sports Management. The deal would be the largest contract ever for an international free agent

This Cuban may just be this good. But I swear, I'm glad the Rangers didn't make this commitment.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cuban may just be this good. But I swear, I'm glad the Rangers didn't make this commitment.

It could still be the Rangers, but I think JD cut it off at 60. I don't know enough about him besides what I've read to know whether 10 million a year is a good deal.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could still be the Rangers, but I think JD cut it off at 60. I don't know enough about him besides what I've read to know whether 10 million a year is a good deal.

It might be a great deal. But, I put my faith in the scouting department at Rangerville, and if they don't say "pull-the-trigger" JD doesn't, and this is he way it should work.

All of us need to keep something in mind. And that is, the buck "literally" stops with JD now. No buffer zone, no group discussion, and frankly even if there were a we, WE don't know who THEY are, so bottom line is, the ball is in JD's court.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fans are saying that but I agree with you.

Well those fans are absolute idiots. Realistically I consider him an Astro and an Angel first than I do as a Ranger. Yes he's done for this organization but only in 1989. IMO he had a very very minor part in this organization's turnaround. I think with or without Nolan this team is still successful and on the uptick from 2008 until now because of the foundation that was building before he got here.

Maybe I am crazy but I have never ever ever seen Nolan as the face of this franchise. Ever.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev....you don't have to listen. However, I find it interesting. If it's me, so be it.

But you make yourself sound aloof to someone else's opinion - that's all it is really - when all it is, is a bunch of us chatting about something we value and have high hopes for the future, talking about it.

But listening/reading, observing play a big part in how I form an opinion. I've learned things, observed from this vantage point, and it works for me. Yes, from you too.
I don't listen to radio guys. Just won't do it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to radio guys. Just won't do it.

You should listen to The Ticket. The best in the business and literally America's favorite sports radio station.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well those fans are absolute idiots. Realistically I consider him an Astro and an Angel first than I do as a Ranger. Yes he's done for this organization but only in 1989. IMO he had a very very minor part in this organization's turnaround. I think with or without Nolan this team is still successful and on the uptick from 2008 until now because of the foundation that was building before he got here.

Maybe I am crazy but I have never ever ever seen Nolan as the face of this franchise. Ever.
A lot of these people went to school with Galloway and anything he says must be the gospel. I also went to school with him and pay hardly any attention to anything he says. He never played h.s. sports of any kind and has used his position to make himself an expert on all playing fields. People have a way in believing friends such as Randy. My facebook page is all about what RG said. lol

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should listen to The Ticket. The best in the business and literally America's favorite sports radio station.
The only radio show I've ever liked listening to is one in Houston, and they only talk about sports a couple times an hour. I hate listening to people call into stations with their ridiculous theories and embarrassing opinions.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JonHeymanCBS: Rangers also in on abreu reports @DannyKnoblerCBS busy day for texas. @Sullivan_Ranger says texas "hot" after jose

Latest on Abreu, still say it's the White Sox.

Happy for Nolan, sad for us. You da man, JD! Make it work!

St. L. In 6 over Boston.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only radio show I've ever liked listening to is one in Houston, and they only talk about sports a couple times an hour. I hate listening to people call into stations with their ridiculous theories and embarrassing opinions.

I hate that also. It seems like 1 out of 10 has a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.