• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks. This is worth watching. Ross really wants an opportunity to start.

Now, he's said, he'll do what is necessary and needed for the benefit of the team. But in his head/heart, he wants the same opportunity which was granted to Ogando. My words not his, but this is what I think he's said, reading between the lines.

Good guy, and still young with lots of potential.

Doubt TEX sends Ross to winter ball to practice being a reliever.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have never heard that it had anything to do with Ron Washington, maybe someone would like to show some proof, I might be wrong.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2010/04/rangers-manager-ron-washington-1.html/

“He needs to mature,” Washington said. “He has put us in a bad situation. What if he had walked last night and we tied the game? Was he going to tell me then that he couldn’t catch. I don’t care how badly he wants to play, you can’t just think about yourself. He was supposed to be healthy when we left spring training. That’s what he told us. I’m not disappointed in him for being hurt; that happens. I’m disappointed in how he has handled it.”

If you follow the dialog from then onward ... it doesn't get better. JD nor anyone else in management called Saltalamacchia out ... but Wash not only with this comment but other comments later as Salty was dealing with the yips at OKC were not very supportive.

Wash has never spoken to the media about a veteran like he did about Saltalamacchia at the start of the 2010 campaign.

The tyraid had no purpose ... Saltalamacchia was on the DL by then and revealed an immaturity by the manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now UT would love to have Sumlin, and the Aggies would beat their ass.

I've been following UT and A&M for over 50 years. My late father in law was an Aggie grad..class of 47. You're not going to tell my anything I haven't already heard a 100 times over. Last time I looked Mac Brown was beating A&M with a second string QB. When the Aggies win a NC we'll talk.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2010/04/rangers-manager-ron-washington-1.html/

“He needs to mature,” Washington said. “He has put us in a bad situation. What if he had walked last night and we tied the game? Was he going to tell me then that he couldn’t catch. I don’t care how badly he wants to play, you can’t just think about yourself. He was supposed to be healthy when we left spring training. That’s what he told us. I’m not disappointed in him for being hurt; that happens. I’m disappointed in how he has handled it.”

If you follow the dialog from then onward ... it doesn't get better. JD nor anyone else in management called Saltalamacchia out ... but Wash not only with this comment but other comments later as Salty was dealing with the yips at OKC were not very supportive.

Wash has never spoken to the media about a veteran like he did about Saltalamacchia at the start of the 2010 campaign.

The tyraid had no purpose ... Saltalamacchia was on the DL by then and revealed an immaturity by the manager.

I recall those comments made by Wash concerning the injury, but I don't remember Wash really saying anything that would have been considered unusual as far as Salty having the yips. He was talking about a professional catcher who couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher which is a little more than unusual all by itself. Can't sugar coat that even at the Pony League level. JD may have not called him out but he sure as hell traded him.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I recall those comments made by Wash concerning the injury, but I don't remember Wash really saying anything that would have been considered unusual as far as Salty having the yips. He was talking about a professional catcher who couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher which is a little more than unusual all by itself. Can't sugar coat that even at the Pony League level. JD may have not called him out but he sure as hell traded him.

Was clearly a psychological issue ... and TEX who at one time back then had the top 3 catcher prospects in baseball ended up with none of them.

No doubt he was smiling when he left OKC for Pawtucket where he spent all of 11 days before being called up. In 2011 he caught 101 games for BOS.

TEX management and coaching ... especially Wash ... can take responsibility for losing Salty. Didn't take long for BOS to benefit from TEX failures.

Would TEX trade Roman Mendez, Chris McGuiness and retrieve Michael Thomas from indy ball in exchange today for Saltalamacchia? Two times over they would.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually sounds pretty much like every manager

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's ole North Texas doing? Winning a few I hear though I don't follow.
Nothing new to add. I do however follow big 12 and Baylor particularly.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been following UT and A&M for over 50 years. My late father in law was an Aggie grad..class of 47. You're not going to tell my anything I haven't already heard a 100 times over. Last time I looked Mac Brown was beating A&M with a second string QB. When the Aggies win a NC we'll talk.

Last time you looked? A&M would destroy UT this year or last year. Just like they did OU. The same OU team that destroyed you. Mack Brown is a joke now.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an article on ESPN Dallas that asks the question: Can the Rangers get Price without giving up Profar?
My response is why would you want to? I'd much rather give up Profar + maybe 1-2 more, than I would Perez, Alfaro, Gallo, and Odor. I actually am not that interested in getting Price now. At the deadline, yes, but we need bats more at this point.
There are fans on there giving some ridiculous responses IMO.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was clearly a psychological issue ... and TEX who at one time back then had the top 3 catcher prospects in baseball ended up with none of them.

No doubt he was smiling when he left OKC for Pawtucket where he spent all of 11 days before being called up. In 2011 he caught 101 games for BOS.

TEX management and coaching ... especially Wash ... can take responsibility for losing Salty. Didn't take long for BOS to benefit from TEX failures.

Would TEX trade Roman Mendez, Chris McGuiness and retrieve Michael Thomas from indy ball in exchange today for Saltalamacchia? Two times over they would.

I don't think anybody has lost a minutes sleep over losing Salty. Much ado about nothing. He wouldn't have made one bit of difference in the Rangers, either good or bad, during the time he has been with Boston.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody has lost a minutes sleep over losing Salty. Much ado about nothing. He wouldn't have made one bit of difference in the Rangers, either good or bad, during the time he has been with Boston.

:agree: He had trouble throwing the ball back to the pitcher.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time you looked? A&M would destroy UT this year or last year. Just like they did OU. The same OU team that destroyed you. Mack Brown is a joke now.

And the jokes on you.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Ryan just retired as CEO. I had a feeling he wouldn't make it through the off-season.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan To Retire: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan announced today that he will retire, effective October 31. Ryan was named as the tenth president in club history in February 2008 and became CEO in March 2011.

“This is the right time for me to step down from my role of overseeing the Rangers organization,” said Ryan. “I am extremely proud of what this organization has accomplished. On the field, we have enjoyed great success at the major league level. The fans have supported us in record numbers the last two years and we have been able to upgrade the ballpark and enhance the in-game experience to reward that loyalty."

The legendary pitcher was said to be in a power struggle with GM Jon Daniels earlier this year and there was a great deal of speculation that Ryan would wind up as the odd man out. Ryan butted heads with Daniels over staffing and player personnel decisions and appeared to have a smaller role with the club this year than he has in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.