• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie didn't say.

Thanks. This is worth watching. Ross really wants an opportunity to start.

Now, he's said, he'll do what is necessary and needed for the benefit of the team. But in his head/heart, he wants the same opportunity which was granted to Ogando. My words not his, but this is what I think he's said, reading between the lines.

Good guy, and still young with lots of potential.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better get lefties out at much higher rate then.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, how good are your Baylor Bears really? Haven't seen em myself. Have you?
Not a Baylor fan, but they are in the Big 12, so they cannot be that good. They and Tech are the only two unbeaten teams remaining in the conference though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of ya want to punt on any and all who haven't produced in the 2 years you've ever heard their name. I'm not saying Engel will be terrific. However, he's only 23 and has great speed, decent arm, quick bat, good guy and still lots of upside. Don't punt him just quite yet.

The writer said he was emerging, which is a stretch. I don't think anybody was necessarily ragging on him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. This is worth watching. Ross really wants an opportunity to start.

Now, he's said, he'll do what is necessary and needed for the benefit of the team. But in his head/heart, he wants the same opportunity which was granted to Ogando. My words not his, but this is what I think he's said, reading between the lines.

Good guy, and still young with lots of potential.

I doubt we would have 4 lefties in the rotation, but if he does it well it will certainly force JD's hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Baylor fan, but they are in the Big 12, so they cannot be that good. They and Tech are the only two unbeaten teams remaining in the conference though.

So, accordingly: Big 12 = Not Good? Don't understand. Granted, the traditional powers - Texas and OU - aren't dominating.

The Pac 12 has 2 unbeatens as does the SEC. ACC has 3. So the ACC is best conference? Unbeatens and how good the conference is has no relevance IMO. But must admit, 2 ACC teams, FL St and Clemson, seem pretty good to me.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, accordingly: Big 12 = Not Good? Don't understand. Granted, the traditional powers - Texas and OU - aren't dominating.

The Pac 12 has 2 unbeatens as does the SEC. ACC has 3. So the ACC is best conference? Unbeatens and how good the conference is has no relevance IMO. But must admit, 2 ACC teams, FL St and Clemson, seem pretty good to me.

A&M and Missouri leave the Big12 and are better than any team in it now. UT screwed the Big12 up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we would have 4 lefties in the rotation, but if he does it well it will certainly force JD's hand.

:agree:....on both your points.

What I was saying is Ross has been a trooper, and overall, very serviceable. And the organization has, in general, shown a willingness to let a young pitcher who is this, get a shot at achieving what he wants too.

Like this really. This attitude should be encouraging throughout the organization.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M and Missouri leave the Big12 and are better than any team in it now. UT screwed the Big12 up.

:agree:.....let's not forget the old SWC either. Although MO took a huge hit with Franklin getting hurt this past WE. Shame. Kid and team were having a terrific year.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Missouri got better because UT isn't beating their ass on a regular basis. A&M never did much in the Big XII because they never had a coach that was worth a damn.
Then there's Nebraska and Colorado who whined their way to mediocrity in other conferences.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Missouri got better because UT isn't beating their ass on a regular basis. A&M never did much in the Big XII because they never had a coach that was worth a damn.
Then there's Nebraska and Colorado who whined their way to mediocrity in other conferences.

Now UT would love to have Sumlin, and the Aggies would beat their ass.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M is not as good this year because their defense stinks. In fact the SEC is looking more like the Big XII with the scores of their games.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M is not as good this year because their defense stinks. In fact the SEC is looking more like the Big XII with the scores of their games.

Their D does stink, but they're young. They lost Damontre Moore. They have more weapons on offense though. They are #7 in the country for a reason. I also think they could beat any of the 6 teams in front of them, including Alabama if they played them again.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't know it was with Wash. thought it was just the Rangers organization in general

I have never heard that it had anything to do with Ron Washington, maybe someone would like to show some proof, I might be wrong.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's ole North Texas doing? Winning a few I hear though I don't follow.

Stop talking about things I know nothing about!

:bawling:

totally kidding, I really have nothing to add anyway....some rumors from sports-writers saying it will be Kinsler that will be traded, that's about all I've read and that seems to be speculation. Although one, and I should have posted it... said that "inside sources are nearly positive Profar will not be traded" or at least something close to that quote.

When I have time to dig it up this weekend, I'll post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.