• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, he might not be an upgrade.

Navarro would be a solid backup, decent stick for a backup catcher and provides solid defense, espeically if McCann falls through, would rather have Soto and him than AJ and Soto

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor was in the s. w.conference and they were my football favorite. Did not care about North Texas football. And yes I am a proud grad of NTSU.

I guess you remember Neal Jeffries. Oldest son graduated and youngest now going to UNT. They would have no idea what you mean by NTSU.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you remember Neal Jeffries. Oldest son graduated and youngest now going to UNT. They would have no idea what you mean by NTSU.
Time does have a strange way of changing things. LOL. Good luck to the son. UNT is a good school.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Isn't Dioner Navarro a FA?

Navarro would only be a backup and while Soto might be a little more expensive Soto knows the pitching staff. Both have good defensive tools but neither are going to carry offensive performance too far above a .250BA.

The thing is if you are looking for an available offensive talented catcher after McCann and Saltalamachia it gets sparse.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
didn't know it was with Wash. thought it was just the Rangers organization in general

Wash is the one who called him out publicly after Salty revealed he was injured only a day after his walkoff single won opening day 2010. Would Wash have called out a veteran? Doubt it ... but his public comments about Salty that ended up with a long rehab at OKC and throwing yips have poisoned any potential return to TEX as long as Washington is there.

Wash was sucked in by the Teagarden supporters and let the better catcher get away.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/2010/04/rangers-manager-ron-washington-1.html/

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Navarro would be a solid backup, decent stick for a backup catcher and provides solid defense, espeically if McCann falls through, would rather have Soto and him than AJ and Soto

Good thought. Was thinking the same thing when Navarro's name came up.

Fact is landing an offensive catcher who performs in that role without hurting his team behind the plate or in game calling happens very infrequently. Even were McCann signed there is no assurance he performs to the same level against AL pitching. Conversely, signing two defensive skilled catchers while taking the pressure off them both and might give them both more PT and consistent ABs ... but would mean TEX has to strengthen output from DH and the corners which they need to do anyway.

So I don't really see a real down side of a Soto-Navarro tandem ... your idea ought to have merit.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my idea that was thought to be strange the other day in a Kemp trade is gaining traction. I heard about it on the radio today.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was obvious, but it seems as though people in the area are interested in the idea of taking the risk on Kemp. No thanks on Ethier.
No thanks on Eithier...see what I did there.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't take a risk on Kemp if the price was lowered because of the injuries?
Why would they take on Ian's salary and eat some of Kemp's? Even if they did eat say idk 30% that would still be 88 million. That's a ridiculously high risk.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they take on Ian's salary and eat some of Kemp's? Even if they did eat say idk 30% that would still be 88 million. That's a ridiculously high risk.

They would have to pay quite a bit of the money no matter where he goes. I talked about trading Ian to Miami, not LA. I think they would take on Ian's contract though because he helps their team, Kemp doesn't. Yes the risk is high, but this guy is one of the best players in the league when he's healthy. You know I would rather have Stanton, and I think we will keep trying to get Miami to budge.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to pay quite a bit of the money no matter where he goes. I talked about trading Ian to Miami, not LA. I think they would take on Ian's contract though because he helps their team, Kemp doesn't. Yes the risk is high, but this guy is one of the best players in the league when he's healthy. You know I would rather have Stanton, and I think we will keep trying to get Miami to budge.
Well Ian isn't going to Miami. The Yankees and Dodgers would probably be the best two places to send him.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying kemp since july. I don't see why its such a strange idea. Keep the dude healthy and he's one of the best in the game

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying kemp since july. I don't see why its such a strange idea. Keep the dude healthy and he's one of the best in the game
The Rangers are great at keeping guys healthy...Just ask Moreland, Cruz, Ogando, and Beltre.

Status
Not open for further replies.