• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully expecting for Murphy, Gentry and Kinsler to all have decent to good seasons this year.

Actually, I hope so. IMO there shouldn't be anything but well wishes and warm responses when they come visiting. Wishing nothing bust success, except for the X number of times they play against us. haha

Kinsler playing in Detroit will hit the same or a few homers that he did this year. If he can stay healthy that is. Murphy I don't expect him to do much of anything, because he's not an everyday player and was never meant to be. Gentry has been fragile as well. I expect him to platoon and play late inning defense much like he did here, and that's where he flourishes.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, one gets to think it will be done by trade and not through free agency. Unless it's Cruz (if his price comes down due to his familiarity with Texas). Not sure why this is but it may have a lot to do with draft picks.

I was thinking trade, I said another bat, but we don't have a full OF, so I guess it has to be an OF'er now ...Rios could move to left I would think, if that helps anything open up any possibilities in a trade

We don't think this prospect from the A's is starting...certainly

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler playing in Detroit will hit the same or a few homers that he did this year. If he can stay healthy that is. Murphy I don't expect him to do much of anything, because he's not an everyday player and was never meant to be. Gentry has been fragile as well. I expect him to platoon and play late inning defense much like he did here, and that's where he flourishes.

I don't really expect any of them to really shine next year, even though I hope they do. Kinsler's swing in that ball park do not go hand in hand. He's gonna have to cover a lot of ground to his left this year. Murphy will hopefully do better in his 4th OF role and do decently well.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol morons on ESPN are tying to predict the total number of homers lost already from the lineup. Man they are thick headed and ignorant. The damn roster isn't even set.

Jeezus it's awful over there now

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Shin Soo Choo deal likely to go over 100 million. Don't know if its worth it at that point

Just guessing solely off the Ellsbury deal, he will sign somewhere for 5 years for 110 million

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeezus it's awful over there now

The kind of people that will complain about the roster in early December following the season will never be happy.

People are bemoaning the loss of AJ like the guy played all star caliber baseball.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of people that will complain about the roster in early December following the season will never be happy.

People are bemoaning the loss of AJ like the guy played all star caliber baseball.

I'm going to read over there and probably regret it, do we know who any of them are, from the old ESPN?
Bennie is web-shopping I noticed

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to read over there and probably regret it, do we know who any of them are, from the old ESPN?

I think that Thacker person is Thackattack and Larry S Carvel is the old Wash hater Hayabbot.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't even go over there and read today, it's just to much nonsense

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please share your thoughts about what you read here. lol

I could only see the comments on the latest Durrett blog. Doesn't take long, all 18 comments. A couple seem reasonable. The HR thing was funny, because we all know that JD doesn't possess the ability to count HR's?

Mostly, why they switched to FB is still beyond me. That's why I rarely even read it, I don't want the site getting hits. I presume they no longer wanted to deal with even moderating their sites. Lame
Too bad, because I do respect Durrett....did he lose his Radio gig? did I know that and forget?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could only see the comments on the latest Durrett blog. Doesn't take long, all 18 comments. A couple seem reasonable. The HR thing was funny, because we all know that JD doesn't possess the ability to count HR's?

Mostly, why they switched to FB is still beyond me. That's why I rarely even read it, I don't want the site getting hits. I presume they no longer wanted to deal with even moderating their sites. Lame
Too bad, because I do respect Durrett....did he lose his Radio gig? did I know that and forget?

Someone (I think Sirus or something) bought ESPN radio and Durrett was given a choice to stay with Sirus or with ESPN. He chose ESPN and this Ian guy is still on the radio. Guess he got his Ranger beat job back or something. Don't hardly listen to ESPN radio anymore.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're not missing a thing, which you probably could have guessed

Thanks for reminding me though that is 5 mins of my life I could never get back by going over and reading. It's almost depressing over there now it feels like.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't think we're gonna land Cano. I wouldn't buy in to any articles. Probably a ploy to drive up the price for seattle

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I don't think we're gonna land Cano. I wouldn't buy in to any articles. Probably a ploy to drive up the price for seattle

I would just assume he goes back to NY where he wants to be anyway. I know the luxury tax is high, but they generate so much revenue that it doesn't hurt them in the long run.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone (I think Sirus or something) bought ESPN radio and Durrett was given a choice to stay with Sirus or with ESPN. He chose ESPN and this Ian guy is still on the radio. Guess he got his Ranger beat job back or something. Don't hardly listen to ESPN radio anymore.

Got it.
were you ever in on the game chats with Durrett and Peasley? they could be a lot of fun, minus the multitude of trolls that were constantly saying how horrible the Rangers were.

Status
Not open for further replies.