• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet we could get him for Moreland, Odor/Sardinas, and someone else. As long as we take on the salary. That's the main thing.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sign a bat that gets on base JD, don't ever trade with the A's again, unless we fleece them.
all will be well...we can contend for the division again
lol
(there are worse things, like being in last place every year)

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd myself that we traded with oakland. I don't care to see gentry gone, but too oakland? I trust that after making such a questioning move he's got something up. I have confidence in him. He knows that we aren't the top dogs anymore, and we gotta actually make ourselves better instead of just maintaining our core. We're in an add mode right now.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm great with Braun too, Justin made a good case for it
but back to what do they want, if they even want to trade him

Maybe they take Joey Butler, Moreland and Tepesch but I don't know if they are down on Braun enough to send him for that or are they looking for a front of the rotation pitcher as they need significant help there

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sign a bat that gets on base JD, don't ever trade with the A's again, unless we fleece them.
lol

We killed them in this trade. Just wait

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ellsbury deal is crazy..... The Yankees already paid McCann and now Ellsbury. Cano is still out there, presumably they are out on Choo. The Yankees might be operating under the assumption that they will get A-rod's contract voided. I'm no expert on their payroll, but how much can they have left? A-rod, Teixeira, CC, and Ellsbury all have contracts over 100 million. Jeter's contract isn't couch change either.

It is a crazy deal, but the Yankee's don't care about the money, they stuck it to Boston and signed a great player. I know as a fan, if the Rangers had signed McCann and Ellsbury so far, I'd be pumped

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we won the trade too. But I have a feeling this trade will be more important in an indirect way, as we'll all see very soon. I'm very confident in that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We killed them in this trade. Just wait

Seems that way but what does Billy Beane know that we don't? I had no idea Gentry would net this type prospect

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they take Joey Butler, Moreland and Tepesch but I don't know if they are down on Braun enough to send him for that or are they looking for a front of the rotation pitcher as they need significant help there

If JD got Braun for those three, the deal would be talked about for 20 years.
Unfortunately, not even JD could pull that off.

Let's convince them Ogando is front rotation, then try maybe
;)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that way but what does Billy Beane know that we don't? I had no idea Gentry would net this type prospect

yup...is he known for trading away supposedly top prospects...that's news to me.

I'm surprised you're not more upset, you won't even watch moneyball...maybe the one person that dislikes the A's more than I do. The upside is I hope Gentry gets a chance to start

Gentry is really going to look strange there, and by strange...I mean normal.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup...is he known for trading away supposedly top prospects...that's news to me.

I'm surprised you're not more upset, you won't even watch moneyball...maybe the one person that dislikes the A's more than I do. The upside is I hope Gentry gets a chance to start

Gentry is really going to look strange there, and by strange...I mean normal.

Don't let my attempt at being rational fool you that I'm not pissed to see Gentry go, i just have to look at it from a standpoint of 3-4 years down the road.

Beane trades quality young pitchers generally but don't remember him trading promising position players

I did break down and watch moneyball and I still hate the Oakland A's with the utmost passion. Gentry could start over Reddick or maybe they DH Cespedes

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I was referring to Cano when I said "hope partying with Beyoncé was worth the 8-figure loss you just took". It seems like he valued the glitz and glamour of running with the hip-hop/pop celebrity crowd over sticking with the tried and true Boras method.

I missed this, you meant Cano...got it
and pretty funny

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pitching on the farm has taken a hit over the last couple years moving pitching prospects at the deadline but aside from that, we are looking ok with our farm. We have depth at outfield and MI with OF maybe a couple years away. Catching aside from Alfaro is shallow but thats the case with almost all MLB clubs. We can afford to move a few prospects for MLB players and still be good.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let my attempt at being rational fool you that I'm not pissed to see Gentry go, i just have to look at it from a standpoint of 3-4 years down the road.

Beane trades quality young pitchers generally but don't remember him trading promising position players

I did break down and watch moneyball and I still hate the Oakland A's with the utmost passion. Gentry could start over Reddick or maybe they DH Cespedes

once again, I realized Gentry might be part of a trade, it's the A's part that killed me.

Oh Oh, maybe take away Reddick's spot? Maybe I can get on board....good for Gentry

Reddick, it might sound silly, but watching that guy climb up the wall for a ball that's not remotely catchable irritates the H out of me.
I'm always praying he will fall.

Not get hurt or anything, just fall off the wall and have the highlight play forever...the eternal Ranger gif

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again, I realized Gentry might be part of a trade, it's the A's part that killed me.

Oh Oh, maybe take away Reddick's spot? Maybe I can get on board....good for Gentry

Reddick, it might sound silly, but watching that guy climb up the wall for a ball that's not remotely catchable irritates the H out of me.
I'm always praying he will fall.

Not get hurt or anything, just fall off the wall and have the highlight play forever...the eternal Ranger gif

Hate that it was to Oakland as well but if that was our best return i guess i have to live w it, after all it is done now

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, as far as prospects go, where would choice rank for us now?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You are just like most of us when we first heard that trade. In time we seem to get our composure back.

Status
Not open for further replies.