• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's laughable that Jay-Z, (who did have actual agents working with him) thought he was going to pull this off. We've all been saying it from the beginning, I noticed he has already stepped back from the supposed meetings with the Yankees.

But, make no mistake. Jay-Z is in the financial position that this loss won't make him blink.
It's Cano that got hurt, if he wanted to stay with the Yankees for life, and we just watched them shut the door on him.

As far as Boras, he's smart enough to adjust with the market and will adjust for his players, he'll make deals that aren't crazy. EA for example
(not that I'm a Boras fan, just sayin)

I can't stand Bor"ass" but truth of the matter is he makes his clients money and probably more money than the next best "baseball" agency and certainly more than the rap mogul was ever gonna make a baseball player. It isn't over yet though as the Yankess proved today teams do offer stupid contracts and Cano may get one yet? Doubt its much over 200 million if that, but even that would be absurd

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not about the price trade anymore. No extension, no deal. I would love braun though. Fill the jewish black hole that is missing in our lineup.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime someone brings up Price, that's all I can think. GREAT rotation and we can't score...

Has to be more fire-power than Fielder and Beltre or at least another above average hitter...who get's on.
I'm not interested in trading prospects for Price only to watch us strand runner after runner.

The thought is maddening...much less watching it unfold.

Not being able to get RISP to the plate has almost driven me bat shit crazy the last couple years, Rangers need run producers

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's laughable that Jay-Z, (who did have actual agents working with him) thought he was going to pull this off. We've all been saying it from the beginning, I noticed he has already stepped back from the supposed meetings with the Yankees.

But, make no mistake. Jay-Z is in the financial position that this loss won't make him blink.
It's Cano that got hurt, if he wanted to stay with the Yankees for life, and we just watched them shut the door on him.

As far as Boras, he's smart enough to adjust with the market and will adjust for his players, he'll make deals that aren't crazy. EA for example
(not that I'm a Boras fan, just sayin)

I agree. I was referring to Cano when I said "hope partying with Beyoncé was worth the 8-figure loss you just took". It seems like he valued the glitz and glamour of running with the hip-hop/pop celebrity crowd over sticking with the tried and true Boras method.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not about the price trade anymore. No extension, no deal. I would love braun though. Fill the jewish black hole that is missing in our lineup.

Braun is a douche and I really wanted to trade for him last year before he became a lying bigger douche but all that said he is a very good baseball player even without PEDS. He has a team friendly contract way more than the FA's are getting now and if his bat could help us win a WS I don't care if he is the douchiest MF ever.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the only way JD parts with any significant assets in a trade for Price is if an extension is agreed upon first. But I suspect JD is working on that very aspect of it as we speak... figuring how much they could offer to Price and still afford 1-2 more bats. And we DEFINITELY need at least 1 more big bat.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Bor"ass" but truth of the matter is he makes his clients money and probably more money than the next best "baseball" agency and certainly more than the rap mogul was ever gonna make a baseball player. It isn't over yet though as the Yankess proved today teams do offer stupid contracts and Cano may get one yet? Doubt its much over 200 million if that, but even that would be absurd

Someone will pull their payroll numbers and see if they can still afford him.
I might give it a shot tomorrow, all you would have to do is look around a Yankee board.

It's of interest, because where will Cano land if not there...he'll likely still get 180 mil, maybe a little more
IMO, but who can afford it.
The only concern is he's not in our division, I think the Mariners are the only ones that are remotely possible, I actually think the Angels will not be in. As dumb as they have been...this one they pass on

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, did anyone read TR Sullivan's blog about the Rangers eyeing Kurt Suzuki as Soto's backup? Ugh. I know he would just be a backup and he is a veteran and all, but man what a mediocre blah move if it happens.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way JD parts with any significant assets in a trade for Price is if an extension is agreed upon first. But I suspect JD is working on that very aspect of it as we speak... figuring how much they could offer to Price and still afford 1-2 more bats. And we DEFINITELY need at least 1 more big bat.

One more big bat and and extended Price would be glorious, but I'm very pessimistic...Price has no incentive to sign an extension, unless he has injury concerns

I love the idea, who wouldn't...I just don't see it happening

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, did anyone read TR Sullivan's blog about the Rangers eyeing Kurt Suzuki as Soto's backup? Ugh. I know he would just be a backup and he is a veteran and all, but man what a mediocre blah move if it happens.

Better than nothing, at least Suzuki is a smart player and tries hard.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's irrelevant now, as soon as McCann was out....I didn't expect much from the position.
Just keeping my fingers crossed Soto doesn't become a black hole of suckage in the line-up.
He's a good guy, good with pitchers, works hard, great clubhouse guy...and I loathe the thought of him becoming the goat of the team next season

ala Murphy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might as well sign Taylor Teagarden or just roll with Chirinos. Suzuki is not an upgrade even as a backup to either of them I don't think

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm great with Braun too, Justin made a good case for it
but back to what do they want, if they even want to trade him

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are trying to dish him out for pretty cheap because he's the highest salary on the team and it has put the brewers in a very bad light.

I don't think it would take THAT much for him.

My dream scenario this offseason (that I know isn't even realistic at this point) is to trade for braun, sign Cano, then trade EA for a decent SP and prospects. Damn. That's an offseason.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD traded Gentry to the A's, I still can't believe it. I understand that Gentry was a possible trade piece...but THIS was the only team that would fetch anything?

I'm utterly bewildered he would trade with that team.
He's great, I trust him with our team, but at times I wonder if he's missing a sensitivity chip
apparently, I'm not over it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are trying to dish him out for pretty cheap because he's the highest salary on the team and it has put the brewers in a very bad light.

My dream scenario this offseason (that I know isn't even realistic at this point) is to trade for braun, sign Cano, then trade EA for a decent SP and prospects. Damn. That's an offseason.

Along w Prince that might earn JD GM of the decade

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's still Braun terps, they aren't going to give him away...yes, it would cost us...likely a lot.

not trying to be a downer.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know that. But as someone said a few days ago, we could probably snag him for less than what we can to get price.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along w Prince that might earn JD GM of the decade

It would, but I think we all know he's not going 180 million plus for Cano, and lord only knows what Braun costs in prospects or ready to go guys.
Then you've got to find a team that wants EA enough to deal back good prospects.

I'm ruining the fun, I know

Status
Not open for further replies.