• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran seems to be in much better shape than Berkman.

YES, he is.

I'm laughing because the first pictures of Berkman at ST he was standing next to Beltre, it was not pretty.
My first thought was "holy shit" Berkman with the skinny legs and the belly hanging out...he looked like a guy that was in retirement

oh well, that's why I don't hate one year deals.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, I am happy for that too. He was very solid for us though and we might miss his reliability but perhaps not. This does make the Tigers a little scarier though, I think they were fairly week at closer last year and they still made a deep playoff run.

I think we're good in the pen, unfortunately we really didn't need to sign him.
The Tigers are get really scary if they pull off Choo, but that's only a rumor

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I hope jd is making some phone calls.

I think I like the Beltran option much better than Corey Hart even with the age difference because of Beltran's numbers and Hart's recent knee issues obviously

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I hope jd is making some phone calls.

I've been saying for a couple days, if you're going to roll the dice on a FA, at least one that doesn't require a long term contract. It's something I could see JD doing.

Beltran just needs to be rested once in ahwile... that's how the Cards did it.
The Royals want back in this game, they could money-whip Beltran.

UGH...is this actually fun?
:L

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like the Beltran option much better than Corey Hart even with the age difference because of Beltran's numbers and Hart's recent knee issues obviously

I would almost prefer to give the rookie Choice a shot over Hart. If they can't land Choo or Beltran, I really hope they re-sign Cruz. I would actually be excited if we got Cruz back. But Choo and Beltran would get on base more.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curt Schilling just made a good point on SC about getting the Yanks to sign Ellsbury for so much to kind of stick it to Cano and Jay-z. He said unless they roll w what they pitching-wise which is mostly unproven, they would have a hard time staying under the 189 million luxury tax, if they re-signed Cano. Like I said before however they may have budgeted for both the salary they gave Ellsbury and the offer they have on the table for Cano

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys and gals think about the Rangers going after Hideki Kuroda? yea or nay?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would almost prefer to give the rookie Choice a shot over Hart. If they can't land Choo or Beltran, I really hope they re-sign Cruz. I would actually be excited if we got Cruz back. But Choo and Beltran would get on base more.

We may have been priced out of the Choo sweepstakes if he is looking for anything like the Ellsbury contract over 100+ million. I like Beltran as an option and haven't ruled out Cruz yet as long as it doesn't take 75 million to sign him

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curt Schilling just made a good point on SC about getting the Yanks to sign Ellsbury for so much to kind of stick it to Cano and Jay-z. He said unless they roll w what they pitching-wise which is mostly unproven, they would have a hard time staying under the 189 million luxury tax, if they re-signed Cano. Like I said before however they may have budgeted for both the salary they gave Ellsbury and the offer they have on the table for Cano

WAIT, I've been busy today, the Yankees signed Ellsbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have been priced out of the Choo sweepstakes if he is looking for anything like the Ellsbury contract over 100+ million. I like Beltran as an option and haven't ruled out Cruz yet as long as it doesn't take 75 million to sign him

What they need to do is sign Cano and move Profar to the OF :laugh3:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to root for the Yankees, but I like the idea of telling an agent to stick your 300 million,
Cano is GREAT, but no way is he worth that.

WOW

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys and gals think about the Rangers going after Hideki Kuroda? yea or nay?

He pitched well the last couple of years until August of this year where he posted an ERA above 5 from August on, which some people were saying was his age catching up to him late in the season. I think he wants to go back closer to home in Japan to pitch before retiring, but if he could pitch like he did the first half of last season that'd be great. I would think if he remains in MLB it would be w the Yankees unfortunately for the Rangers

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the the Jays signing of Melky is about the barometer on Cruz but maybe a little higher given Cruz's numbers didn't just skyrocket out of no where. Even if they give him a lot per year, I can't see him getting a long contract, maybe 3 years max but what do I know.

Fun fact though, pretty much had a career low season across the board in the season we know he used PEDs.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ellsbury deal is crazy..... The Yankees already paid McCann and now Ellsbury. Cano is still out there, presumably they are out on Choo. The Yankees might be operating under the assumption that they will get A-rod's contract voided. I'm no expert on their payroll, but how much can they have left? A-rod, Teixeira, CC, and Ellsbury all have contracts over 100 million. Jeter's contract isn't couch change either.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, I agree Choo is probably out

as soon as I say no one will pay Cruz 75 mill, someone will do it tomorrow.
Hope I'm wrong.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to root for the Yankees, but I like the idea of telling an agent to stick your 300 million,
Cano is GREAT, but no way is he worth that.

WOW

Said Boras drove up the price on Ellsbury to price Jay-z and cano out of the yanks plans and stick it to Cano for firing him basically

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pitched well the last couple of years until August of this year where he posted an ERA above 5 from August on, which some people were saying was his age catching up to him late in the season. I think he wants to go back closer to home in Japan to pitch before retiring, but if he could pitch like he did the first half of last season that'd be great. I would think if he remains in MLB it would be w the Yankees unfortunately for the Rangers

Yeah, I haven't heard any rumors or anything, I just like him. Didn't know he fell off in August last season though, so good to know. I do think they need a back up plan for Harrison though but we already have some depth and who know what will happen with Lewis.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ellsbury deal is crazy..... The Yankees already paid McCann and now Ellsbury. Cano is still out there, presumably they are out on Choo. The Yankees might be operating under the assumption that they will get A-rod's contract voided. I'm no expert on their payroll, but how much can they have left? A-rod, Teixeira, CC, and Ellsbury all have contracts over 100 million. Jeter's contract isn't couch change either.

I do believe one thing about the Yankees, they really want to stay under that threshold this year.
Next year, look out maybe.

I don't think there's money left for Cano...if it wasn't so dang late, I'd do the math.

153 million, did anyone think Ellsbury was getting that?
I'm TRULY stunned

Status
Not open for further replies.