• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. Ellsbury's contract probably drives up what he is asking for. For some reason, I am doubting we get choo. I think there is too much competition for him to drive up the price, plus jacoby just got huge $$$. I think if we get an outfielder its by trade. Which would make it very interesting on Cano... Can you imagine getting Braun AND cano? Fuck a duck that's scary

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can speak for some of us that we start to get a bit anxious and testy when we see the dominoes start falling quickly and teams in our division and around mlb making moves and we are awaiting a big acquisition that just seems to be right on the edge of happening.......and then we remember last year!
We have one big acquisition name Prince. We may get another

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing enough Garza is still out there

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice being unproven still at least at the ML level, I would think JD is not done as far as a LF option. I don't consider .285 with 14 HR's killing it as far as AAA unless there was something I didn't notice as far as plate appearances goes, just don't see JD going all in that he is the guy yet. Remember the season Leonys had at AAA his last year and then those type of numbers haven't quite happened at the big show yet, but someone said Bowden says L Mart will be the best CF in baseball in a couple years, if not this year?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps...I thought you were against Braun when I first brought him up days ago so I went back and looked and got a laugh out of it.
Here's what you said 4 days ago:
1) We might as well retire our minor league teams if we trade for Braun.
2) We've lost kinsler, we need another good jewish player to step in his place.
3) Imagine if we had kins and braun. Then we signed Choo. We would have all of eastern AND western asia on our side

Then Romeo threw in that we lost our Hebrew Hammer when we traded Ian. That thought hadn't crossed my mind until you guys brought it up. Well it just makes to much sense now. Lol

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice being unproven still at least at the ML level, I would think JD is not done as far as a LF option. I don't consider .285 with 14 HR's killing it as far as AAA unless there was something I didn't notice as far as plate appearances goes, just don't see JD going all in that he is the guy yet. Remember the season Leonys had at AAA his last year and then those type of numbers haven't quite happened at the big show yet, but someone said Bowden says L Mart will be the best CF in baseball in a couple years, if not this year?

Choice may be a great outfielder some day. But it's too much to ask to expect a lot from Leonys, Choice and Profar this year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice may be a great outfielder some day. But it's too much to ask to expect a lot from Leonys, Choice and Profar this year.

Glad we are on the same page here darryl, now what can we do to get things moving?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen it has been an interesting day but I have to get up at noon tomorrow. Good night,

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passan, on twitter, crunched the numbers to find that of the $524MM spent on free agents (as of Tuesday night), the Yankees account for $238MM of it, or 45.4%

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we are on the same page here darryl, now what can we do to get things moving?

Terps seems to think a trade is in order. I like to see JD pursue Beltran. I was certain he was going to sign with KC. He'd be a good bridge between himself and Choice when he's ready. Or just not resign Rios. He'd be a good veteran presence to the others. Make it work JD. Three years 51M will do.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passan, on twitter, crunched the numbers to find that of the $524MM spent on free agents (as of Tuesday night), the Yankees account for $238MM of it, or 45.4%

They have cost their selves a ton of money trying to stick it to the Red Sox over the years in FA it seems. May have been Boras playing the two teams against one another to drive up the price or Cherrington just didn't get anywhere near the offer Ellsbury got from the Yankees and I would totally expect that

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have cost their selves a ton of money trying to stick it to the Red Sox over the years in FA it seems. May have been Boras playing the two teams against one another to drive up the price or Cherrington just didn't get anywhere near the offer Ellsbury got from the Yankees and I would totally expect that

They also just signed Kelly Johnson, who's a 2B, and LF. Cheap deal though.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks to sign Kelly Johnson to 1 year deal, looks like they are covering their tails if Cano ends up somewhere else. Are they goating him into signing for less money with them or will he take 200 million and go to the crappy Mariners

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also just signed Kelly Johnson, who's a 2B, and LF. Cheap deal though.

yeah just saw that, it is just a one year deal so doesn't give them much in the long term if Cano goes elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think we are chagrined go back and read Lainey's comments when she found out about the trade. She is still pissed off. Heaven help her family.

I'm over it. I don't get it, but whatever. I'm not going to take things out my family...lol, for a baseball team?
darryl! Shame on you! venting is what the board is for. ;)

seems like a few AL teams are looking to get better quickly, holy cow...if Beltran goes to KC, and look for the Mariners to spend...Detroit going after Choo? things are looking a little scary.

Not one thing is sitting right with me today, maybe we ought to jump on the Kemp train...or JD rolls out what we have.
If JD doesn't want to go long term on Choo, I wish he would be in the mix for Beltran.
Cruz back isn't bad, along with Fielder.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks to sign Kelly Johnson to 1 year deal, looks like they are covering their tails if Cano ends up somewhere else. Are they goating him into signing for less money with them or will he take 200 million and go to the crappy Mariners

The mariners won't break out $200 mill for him and he would be stupid to go there if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.