• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks to sign Kelly Johnson to 1 year deal, looks like they are covering their tails if Cano ends up somewhere else. Are they goating him into signing for less money with them or will he take 200 million and go to the crappy Mariners

Great, Cano in our division.
Meh, better than going to the Angels

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over it. I don't get it, but whatever. I'm not going to take things out my family...lol, for a baseball team?
darryl! Shame on you! venting is what the board is for. ;)

seems like a few AL teams are looking to get better quickly, holy cow...if Beltran goes to KC, and look for the Mariners to spend...Detroit going after Choo? things are looking a little scary.

Not one thing is sitting right with me today, maybe we ought to jump on the Kemp train...or JD rolls out what we have.
If JD doesn't want to go long term on Choo, I wish he would be in the mix for Beltran.
Cruz back isn't bad, along with Fielder.

Keep the faith Lainey, jd has things under control.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mariners won't break out $200 mill for him and he would be stupid to go there if they did.

I think 8 for 185 is overpaying but i would do it if we could get him for that

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over it. I don't get it, but whatever. I'm not going to take things out my family...lol, for a baseball team?
darryl! Shame on you! venting is what the board is for. ;)

seems like a few AL teams are looking to get better quickly, holy cow...if Beltran goes to KC, and look for the Mariners to spend...Detroit going after Choo? things are looking a little scary.

Not one thing is sitting right with me today, maybe we ought to jump on the Kemp train...or JD rolls out what we have.
If JD doesn't want to go long term on Choo, I wish he would be in the mix for Beltran.
Cruz back isn't bad, along with Fielder.

Everyone was getting on me and DT getting rather discouraged so I had to throw you under the bus as well. ;) Beltran is still in the mix, I believe. Thought he wasn't but still available. Still time for JD to do something and the winter meetings don't begin until next week.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the faith Lainey, jd has things under control.

I'm afraid JD does not want to spend big in this FA market, with all sincerity...what kind of trade chips do we have left?
Kinsler was an obvious good trade piece...who am I missing?

(no snark, I don't know)

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna miss Gentry and I am sure he will beat us up sometimes and rob us of some plays while he is an A. I hope this Choice kid is worth it. I think Gentry's bat matchs that park well and I bet he has a good season. I wonder what their plans are for him, maybe move Coco to a corner spot? Anyway, screw the A's but I still like Gentry and wish him luck as going forward. I'm sort of wondering if this Choice kid will be traded before it is all said and done honestly... he does seem like he has some potential though.

In other news AJ goes to Boston, he should fit in well with all the other dbags there. Nothing against AJ but he is a dbag. The Yanks are looking to bounce back this season with the additions of Ellsbury and McCann but they still are potentially loosing their biggest bat... so who knows.

Personally, I wish the Rangers would go after Hiroki Kuroda. Given his age, he would be a short affordable contact and the guy pitched great for the Yankees the last two seasons in a even better hitters park than our own. He would be a good insurance plan for Harrison if he doesn't bounce back from the surgery or even if does bounce back that would make for a nasty rotation: Yu, Kuroda, Harrison, Holland, Olgando/Lewis/Perez.

Sort of sad to see Nathan being close to a Tiger too. I was hope we would bring him back but we really have enough depth in the pen to let him move on.

Ramble over

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he ends up staying...I noticed Jay-Z hasn't been at the last couple meetings

I haven't looked up how many years all their big contract players have left but just say a few with CC, Tex, Arod, now Ellsbury and McCann as well as whatever they pay Wells, Soriano, Ichiro. They would have to go over the luxury tax threshold to sign any pitching I would think if they sign Cano but like I said I haven't looked it up.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Nathan, if you decide not to sign someone...always the chance you have to face them.
Plus Ian will know someone, good for both of them. It was the bright spot of the day.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was getting on me and DT getting rather discouraged so I had to throw you under the bus as well. ;) Beltran is still in the mix, I believe. Thought he wasn't but still available. Still time for JD to do something and the winter meetings don't begin until next week.

I don't think Beltran really wants to go to KC if they have a 3 year 48 million dollar offer on the table and he hasn't signed yet, it tells me that is not exactly his favorite option

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked up how many years all their big contract players have left but just say a few with CC, Tex, Arod, now Ellsbury and McCann as well as whatever they pay Wells, Soriano, Ichiro. They would have to go over the luxury tax threshold to sign any pitching I would think if they sign Cano but like I said I haven't looked it up.

They have an offer on the table. 7 years, around 170 I think...that's what they've been feeding the press anyway. Apparently, he has to decide sooner than later.

For whatever that's worth.
If the numbers are true, I think that keeps them under.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid JD does not want to spend big in this FA market, with all sincerity...what kind of trade chips do we have left?
Kinsler was an obvious good trade piece...who am I missing?

(no snark, I don't know)

Jd won't mortgage the future just to make the flashy signing. We see where that has gotten the angels. Beltran is an outstanding option and is still available. Cruz is a decent backup plan, and keep in mind that multiple top free agents are still available that could help the rangers.

Beltran
Cano (I know, pipe dream)
Choo
Cruz
Hart
Morales
Napoli

A trade is also a real possibility with depth at the farm. Keep in mind, if we get Cano both profar and Andrus before killer trade pieces.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have an offer on the table. 7 years, around 170 I think...that's what they've been feeding the press anyway. Apparently, he has to decide sooner than later.

For whatever that's worth.
If the numbers are true, I think that keeps them under.

True but that number was before they committed 153 million to Jacoby unless they had both salaries in mind when they made that offer to Cano

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Beltran really wants to go to KC if they have a 3 year 48 million dollar offer on the table and he hasn't signed yet, it tells me that is not exactly his favorite option

3 year 51 million. He can DH in a year. A bit of a risk (age) but probably our cheapest rout in FA. JD may be having Berkman withdrawals, however.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and I hope jd is making some phone calls.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 year 51 million. He can DH in a year. A bit of a risk (age) but probably or cheapest rout in FA. JD may be having Berkman withdrawals, however.

Beltran seems to be in much better shape than Berkman.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

okay fine, you can throw me under the bus if you need to
always good to be useful

:D

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for Nathan, if you decide not to sign someone...always the chance you have to face them.
Plus Ian will know someone, good for both of them. It was the bright spot of the day.

For sure, I am happy for that too. He was very solid for us though and we might miss his reliability but perhaps not. This does make the Tigers a little scarier though, I think they were fairly week at closer last year and they still made a deep playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.