• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not every one....... just the ones that are asked to be there/are in the country. Think I read earlier that you get a chance for 12 autographs...

Which would probably be Holland, Harrison, Beltre, Moreland, Gentry, Prince, etc.

Doubt Yu, Beltre, Prince & Elvis (the "top tier" names) would all be there.

Yikes, I would do 300 for Beltre, guaranteed HOF...don't know about the rest

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, take separate baseballs for each.... More to keep up with...but you'll like it better than 1 ball/bat with a bunch of signatures on it. IMO.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the list of players signing is usually leaked a couple days in advance of the actual event. (but the times wont be)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, I would do 300 for Beltre, guaranteed HOF...don't know about the rest

Could be wrong, but to me Beltre and Fielder alone is worth it.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be wrong, but to me Beltre and Fielder alone is worth it.

yep. I cant remember if Beltre signed autographs his first year here or not. (my first fanfest). I know he answered questions from the audience and what not...but cant remember if he signed anything.

I would assume Prince would at least make an appearance.

And with it being at the ballpark and only 1 day this year... I say do it.
(whereas last year/year's past...it was a 2 day thing)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also yes.

Is Yu there for the off-season though?
I guess you'll find out, I also thought Beltre lived in LA during the off-season, but he would fly in for this I would think

anyway point stands, I think Beltre alone is worth it

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also yes.

The first year I went was the best as I took lots of baseballs to have autographed by former players and guys like Kirkman and Cody Epply but I also had a bunch of photos of the players that I had taken while at game 3 of the 2010 WS. I took all the photos with a professional photographer type of camera that my wife uses for all the kid pictures and stuff, one of those that has the really good zoom and all. I blew up all the pictures to 8x10 and had guys like MY, Cruz, Kinsler, Andrus, Nolan, all sign the ones of them. That year I also got Josh to sign a authentic 2010 WS jersey and Chuck Morgan was walking around handing out a Hamilton autograph for cool stories and I told one about that WS game our first WS win and taking my 13wk old son and Josh signed the Hamilton t-shirt jersey my son wore that day as well. Enough of my sap it is a fun day and you may get a chance to take a picture or 2 w some players aside from being in the lines while they sign. I have some with Gentry and Chris Davis and Kirkman as well as Holland and Chuck Greenberg and others.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. I cant remember if Beltre signed autographs his first year here or not. (my first fanfest). I know he answered questions from the audience and what not...but cant remember if he signed anything.

I would assume Prince would at least make an appearance.

And with it being at the ballpark and only 1 day this year... I say do it.
(whereas last year/year's past...it was a 2 day thing)

Beltre did sign his first year

I don't know how many of the Fast pass they will sell as the first year it was 25 Im pretty sure and the last 2 they sold 50 but either way they go fast. I would expect even if they sell 50 they will be gone by tomorrow at the $300 price tag

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, Terps. Just make up something!

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre did sign his first year

I don't know how many of the Fast pass they will sell as the first year it was 25 Im pretty sure and the last 2 they sold 50 but either way they go fast. I would expect even if they sell 50 they will be gone by tomorrow at the $300 price tag

Think its 60 this year....

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Hudson is someone to keep our eyes on. He was non-tendered by ARI.

Hudson likely would not have been a non-tender candidate were it not for his injury struggles. The righty is working back from his second Tommy John surgery at 26 years of age, but was projected to earn a $1.1MM salary through arbitration due to his strong early-career performance. Though he had an ugly 7.35 ERA in 2012, that came over just nine starts; in the prior year, his only full season of MLB work, he posted a 3.49 ERA in 222 innings.

Also, The Blue jays have non-tendered JP Arencibia

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Hudson is someone to keep our eyes on. He was non-tendered by ARI.

Hudson likely would not have been a non-tender candidate were it not for his injury struggles. The righty is working back from his second Tommy John surgery at 26 years of age, but was projected to earn a $1.1MM salary through arbitration due to his strong early-career performance. Though he had an ugly 7.35 ERA in 2012, that came over just nine starts; in the prior year, his only full season of MLB work, he posted a 3.49 ERA in 222 innings.

I'd take a flier on him

Status
Not open for further replies.