• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees Will Not Offer Over $200MM To Cano

By Jeff Todd [December 2 at 7:16pm CST]
The Yankees will not offer star free agent second baseman Robinson Cano a deal for over $200MM, reports Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports. With a current offer of seven years and $160MM already on the table, the club plans to stand on that figure and does not foresee wiggle room of greater than about $15MM, says Passan.
As Passan goes on to explain, the major question hanging over negotiations is whether any other clubs will jump in at or above the current Yankee offer. He mentions the Nationals and Mariners as the two teams most likely to jump in as serious bidders for Cano.
New York could be exerting pressure on Cano by beginning its spending and pursuing other free agents like Jacoby Ellsbury and Shin-Soo Choo. Ultimately, says Passan, "unless something drastic happens" the club will not sign Cano for anything approaching his current demands.

175 for 7, and he won't take it? I think he does ultimately...who needs a 2nd that badly that they would outbid?

He's going to want to play for a contender.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLBTradeRumors.com

Though the return remains unclear, Cotillo tweets that three or four players will be going to Detroit, likely including second baseman Steve Lombardozzi and 22-year-old, left-handed pitching prospect Robbie Ray.

What the H?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Kurkjian_ESPN: The Tigers cleared money, opened a rotation spot for Drew Smyly and got a LH reliever (Ian Krol). And Steve Lombardozzi is very useful

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLBTradeRumors.com

Though the return remains unclear, Cotillo tweets that three or four players will be going to Detroit, likely including second baseman Steve Lombardozzi and 22-year-old, left-handed pitching prospect Robbie Ray.

How does this high school kid break these stories?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Kurkjian_ESPN: The Tigers cleared money, opened a rotation spot for Drew Smyly and got a LH reliever (Ian Krol). And Steve Lombardozzi is very useful

Lombardozzi could be used at second if Ian is hurt I suppose, the more I think about it, they may be clearing more money to sign Scherzer and Miggy

Their Rotation is still good, but you have to wonder who they have planned to protect Miggy

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers reportedly wanted fellow young hurler Taylor Jordan in the deal. The Nats refused to include him. Before acquiring Ian Kinsler, Detroit was offered Howie Kendrick from the Angels in a deal that would have included Fister, but declined that option.

I find this hilarious. The Angels tried to trade their 2nd baseman (Kendrick) for Fister and were denied. We traded our 2B and got Fielder in return. After that, the Tigers traded Fister for 2 prospects and a 2B who will back-up Kinsler and be the utility IF

Oh the Angels organization :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Terp how bout that meeting with the Ray's

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers reportedly wanted fellow young hurler Taylor Jordan in the deal. The Nats refused to include him. Before acquiring Ian Kinsler, Detroit was offered Howie Kendrick from the Angels in a deal that would have included Fister, but declined that option.

I find this hilarious. The Angels tried to trade their 2nd baseman (Kendrick) for Fister and were denied. We traded our 2B and got Fielder in return. After that, the Tigers traded Fister for 2 prospects and a 2B who will back-up Kinsler and be the utility IF

Oh the Angels organization :laugh3:

funny indeed and a little bizarre

Thanks Tigers!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Terps would have immediately come on here with the news if there was any. I still don't think Price is going to sign an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.