• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

parman4818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whoever we get as a backup catcher should be good defensively and a left handed hitter.We only have a few left handers in our lineup Martin,Fielder Moreland if he stays as a DH and Profar being a switch hitter.Thats why i like Beltran or Choo as our next free agent that we sign

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think whoever we get as a backup catcher should be good defensively and a left handed hitter.We only have a few left handers in our lineup Martin,Fielder Moreland if he stays as a DH and Profar being a switch hitter.Thats why i like Beltran or Choo as our next free agent that we sign
Salty is all I can think of.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers traded Fister to the Nats. They haven't released who is coming back in the trade.

Nothing on ESPN yet. But really good pick up for the Nats, providing they didn't give up too much.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLBTradeRumors.com

Though the return remains unclear, Cotillo tweets that three or four players will be going to Detroit, likely including second baseman Steve Lombardozzi and 22-year-old, left-handed pitching prospect Robbie Ray.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamKilgoreWP: The Nats acquired Doug Fister from the Tigers for Robbie Ray, Steve Lombardozzi and Ian Krol, per a source.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees Will Not Offer Over $200MM To Cano

By Jeff Todd [December 2 at 7:16pm CST]
The Yankees will not offer star free agent second baseman Robinson Cano a deal for over $200MM, reports Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports. With a current offer of seven years and $160MM already on the table, the club plans to stand on that figure and does not foresee wiggle room of greater than about $15MM, says Passan.
As Passan goes on to explain, the major question hanging over negotiations is whether any other clubs will jump in at or above the current Yankee offer. He mentions the Nationals and Mariners as the two teams most likely to jump in as serious bidders for Cano.
New York could be exerting pressure on Cano by beginning its spending and pursuing other free agents like Jacoby Ellsbury and Shin-Soo Choo. Ultimately, says Passan, "unless something drastic happens" the club will not sign Cano for anything approaching his current demands.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's got something up his sleeve. I just can't figure it out when he was under club control. Some of these players might be flipped.

Yeah. Dang I wish I knew what's up JDs sleeve. Kinda quiet on his front lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.