• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually projected to have a better FIP than Matt Harrison and holland I think.

At 115 innings. Give me 171 innings of Harrison and 173 of Holland at higher FIPs all day.

Then again, I really don't know how trustworthy the steamer projections are for any given year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tandem of AJ/Soto of last year was much stronger than Soto/Chirinos this season IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want AJ back; not at all. But offensively, last years catching duo is better.

I'm still hoping JD is working on another catcher.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 115 innings. Give me 171 innings of Harrison and 173 of Holland at higher FIPs all day.

Then again, I really don't know how trustworthy the steamer projections are for any given year.

Yeah I take those projections not to seriously. Holland is deff better when healthy iMO

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tandem of AJ/Soto of last year was much stronger than Soto/Chirinos this season IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want AJ back; not at all. But offensively, last years catching duo is better.

I remember AJ letting to many passed ball go to the screen. Soto was always better defensively than AJ and Cheerio may be also and AJ was terrible w/ plate discipline. So, I don't know if I agree are not but who cares anyway. haha Agree on another

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't appear we are interested in Ellsbury. Hope that's a sign they plan on bringing Choo to the house.

But it may start the ole outfield ball rolling. And generally know how much it'll take to sign him (Choo).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Aj killed more innings quickly with his hack tastic approach than Soto will.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arencibia, who might have been the worst hitter in baseball last year. His .227 on-base percentage was the lowest from any hitter with 400 at-bats since Andres Thomas for the 1989 Braves. There have been only five such players in history. --grant brisbee

Wow. I didn't realize he was that horrible

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arencibia, who might have been the worst hitter in baseball last year. His .227 on-base percentage was the lowest from any hitter with 400 at-bats since Andres Thomas for the 1989 Braves. There have been only five such players in history. --grant brisbee

Wow. I didn't realize he was that horrible

Yeah I looked immediately this morning and saw that he has never had a year where he got on base 29% of the time. He can hit HR's, but only had 18 walks in almost 500 PA.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember AJ letting to many passed ball go to the screen. Soto was always better defensively than AJ and Cheerio may be also and AJ was terrible w/ plate discipline. So, I don't know if I agree are not but who cares anyway. haha Agree on another

I don't disagree with a word you said here. It's like, yes-yes-hell yes-yes......But my only point was, I think at the end of this next season if we stick with Soto/Cheerio and compare their offensive numbers they will fall short of what AJ/Soto had in 2013.

And actually, AJ drove me nuts and I want nothing to do with him. What I would like to see is for us to get a better option to work with Soto than Cheerio.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with a word you said here. It's like, yes-yes-hell yes-yes......But my only point was, I think at the end of this next season if we stick with Soto/Cheerio and compare their offensive numbers they will fall short of what AJ/Soto had in 2013.

And actually, AJ drove me nuts and I want nothing to do with him. What I would like to see is for us to get a better option to work with Soto than Cheerio.

:agree:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, yeah!Another catcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.