• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone mentioned Andrew Bailey being non-tendered by the Red Sox. It was reported that JD was interested in a trade for Bailey and Gio when both were in Oakland.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about bringing back Joaquin Arias as the utitlity IF?

Anyone hear anything on the Jeff Baker front as to why they just had no interest in re-signing him? He had a great ST and aside from the odd high-five injury or whatever I though he was at least serviceable at 1st and 2nd, not so much 3rd but still decent and better with the bat than most guys that filled that spot in prior years

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletics have acquired closer Jim Johnson from the Orioles in exchange for second baseman Jemile Weeks, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

The O's are really trying to clear room.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear anything on the Jeff Baker front as to why they just had no interest in re-signing him? He had a great ST and aside from the odd high-five injury or whatever I though he was at least serviceable at 1st and 2nd, not so much 3rd but still decent and better with the bat than most guys that filled that spot in prior years

He only played 1 game at 2nd, and I don't remember it going well. I could be wrong on that last part.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't even deserve a response. Yeah, why would we want a guy that plays good D, and hit .270, and .271 the previous 2 seasons to back up our IFers?

A guy who has posted a negative dWAR every year of his career until last year is a good defender? not to mention his noodle arm at SS, no thanks

Hopefully we learned this guy was terrible the first go round

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who has posted a negative dWAR every year of his career until last year is a good defender? not to mention his noodle arm at SS, no thanks

The surgery hurt what was once a plus arm, but I think he would be fine as a utility IF. Profar would likely slide to SS on the days where EA needs a rest anyways. He has always been a pretty good hitter.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only played 1 game at 2nd, and I don't remember it going well. I could be wrong on that last part.

I witnessed a game at the ballpark he started at 3rd vs KC and he didn't have good game there either, but we need a better option than Rosales IMO. Rosales defensively might be ok but he brings nothing to the offense, not that I hope he plays a lot but truth be told to rest Beltre this year as he's another year older and then you have to rest the youngsters at least some. Heaven forbid an injury where he plays more and we are screwed

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you aware that a lot of players have negative dWar's? Choo has had a negative one for 7 straight years. Is Choo a bad defender, no.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surgery hurt what was once a plus arm, but I think he would be fine as a utility IF. Profar would likely slide to SS on the days where EA needs a rest anyways. He has always been a pretty good hitter.

He makes contact (.272 BA) but he has mostly empty ABs bc he doesn't walk (.302 career OBP) and little power (.367 SLG)

And don't we already have Adam Rosales?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Johnson looking for 10MM in arbitration? Oakland spending money hand over fist these days? Jemile Weeks based on the last couple years is sort of short sided for the O's aside from not having to pay JJ I think

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you aware that a lot of players have negative dWar's? Choo has had a negative one for 7 straight years. Is Choo a bad defender, no.

Different argument, your UTIL fielder should be at least a good defender

And I never claimed Choo was a good fielder, I'm also not advocating he be our UTIL guy

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Johnson looking for 10MM in arbitration? Oakland spending money hand over fist these days? Jemile Weeks based on the last couple years is sort of short sided for the O's aside from not having to pay JJ I think

They've been desperate to fill that hole at 2B for a couple years now, since Roberts can't stay healthy

Weeks might be a change of scenery candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.