• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the mystery team that was close to signing Navarro?

MLBTR was saying the team hadn't been exposed but Marlins had been the team showing the most interest along with the the twins and Blue Jays having interest. They could have also said any team that is looking for catching help may have an interest? Could be just :ss:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here wants Profar to do well, very well. Just start with that premise and I think things will go better for everyone.

you've mentioned several times that the Wash bashing upsets you. The irony of that is I have defended the guy as much as anyone sans maybe ESPN. I finally had it this year with continuing to play Murphy when he had other options. The very sad truth is, good managers just don't do that. They would have sat Murphy and given someone else the spot...then you give Murphy some opportunities and maybe he turns it around.

it was a disservice to the team, to Murphy and ultimately himself. It's like Wash will cut off his hand to spite his face.
the other irony, no one wanted Murphy to turn it around more than I, (well, I don't know if that's true, Murphy is well-liked)

The last thing I have been is a constant Wash-basher

lol nose to spite the face, lainey.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive noticed that, i have been away for a few weeks waiting until the first big move happened and then I was having all sorts of login issues. Guess you could say I have been lurking or trolling the board the last week or so! :peep: HEEHEE. Anyway glad to be back despite that kinda stuff

daryll hid behind an emoticon couch, I think you've managed to find a superior defilade,

though I'm concerned you're going to tumble down that chimney, on the bright side... if that means you're Santa, bring Choo and Shelby Miller please

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daryll hid behind an emoticon couch, I think you've managed to find a superior defilade,

though I'm concerned you're going to tumble down that chimney, on the bright side... if that means you're Santa, bring Choo and Shelby Miller please

Yeah, but I'm always hiding behind a couch . . . anyways, love your use of defilade. Broadening my education coming here.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by the Santa reference you are suggesting that I'm old and fat and have one of those bad duck family Robinson beards you will get nothing and like it. I would love to bring Choo but I will have to see what the elves can work up in trade for the Miller kid?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know at this point how we could get BOTH choo and shelby miller because it appears to me to be two different paths.

Path one would be to trade EA to the cards (which wouldn't make sense because of peralta) and then sign cano.

Path two would be to just sign Choo and play our cards from there to see how we can still add.

However, I just have a feeling (like I said, haven't heard anything that would indicate it) that he's gonna pull another rabbit out of a hat. Something to blow us away. I feel like we're thinking of all the OBVIOUS possibilities, including the ones we read in articles. I'm a bit surprised someone hasn't leapt out for the sake of conversation and thrown a name out here that no one anticipates

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I'm always hiding behind a couch . . . anyways, love your use of defilade. Broadening my education coming here.

Well, I butchered a famous saying...had to come back with something solid

In my defense, I've been trying to post, avoid watching MNF, trying to manage other matters, then at one point, I thought I was supposed go to hell, with further instruction to take my toys with me.

have you tried getting toys into hell? it ain't easy pal.
next time I'm hiding behind the couch or taking the chimney

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops, lol

Well in my defense, Wash might screw that up too.

I'm not upset at the Washington bashing. It's what some do here....endlessly
I don't agree and still think the good outweighs the bad with Washington but I don't respond to ever little bashing post. Look at this thread when I came into the discussion with a simple point about runs scored by the #1 and #2 hitters last season

it is what it is....opinions. I just don't think the crew's outweighs mine. I have no issues with being in the short line here with regards to Washington, Kinsler, Profar or Cruz. I never said I was always right, but I do think time will tell this tale. Maybe it's me, that's called bragging rights within most sports talk situations. Here? not all that sure but I'm not here to win friends....just exchange some baseball thoughts. I also don't ever recall blasting anyone without being provoked.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly person. How ridiculous. What, are you 16 or what?

I love how the first thing people resort to in internet arguments is how old someone probably is...

ya got me. I'm 16, have a friend that works in the front office of the Texas Rangers organization, am a former college baseball player, own season tickets for the Rangers, the OU sooners, AND the Stars, and now work in the sport of baseball coaching traveling 16 year old teams (ironic but its the truth) and giving private lessons everyday. Jesus I'm one accomplished 16 year old eh?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by the Santa reference you are suggesting that I'm old and fat and have one of those bad duck family Robinson beards you will get nothing and like it. I would love to bring Choo but I will have to see what the elves can work up in trade for the Miller kid?

lolololol
But but... if were Santa (the thin handsome type OF COURSE)....you can get Miller and Choo for us

okay fine, Choo will work

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the first thing people resort to in internet arguments is how old someone probably is...

ya got me. I'm 16, have a friend that works in the front office of the Texas Rangers organization, am a former college baseball player, own season tickets for the Rangers, the OU sooners, AND the Stars, and now work in the sport of baseball coaching traveling 16 year old teams (ironic but its the truth) and giving private lessons everyday. Jesus I'm one accomplished 16 year old eh?

Indeed.
:)

anything coming out of that front office lately?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I talked to him was via text, because he and the rest of the rangers scouts flew out of town the other day to reconvene and discuss future plans this offseason I'm guessing. But earlier today I shot him a text asking if we had spoken to baltimore about wieters. He said that we actually had, but it turned out that baltimore and us just cannot find the right pieces. They don't need Mitch, they don't need gallo, our pitching isn't THAT great behind luke. So the only conceivable way to make a trade would be a 3 teamer. So JD shut down those conversations and moved on. He told me that he expects at least one more trade though and that JD is pushing for another trade moreso than signing anyone right now. This was as of this afternoon.

That's all I've got. Last week right after the Prince trade he told me that he thinks we're gonna sign one of McCann or Choo though because we had already spoken to both. And McCanns already off the boards soo....!

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know at this point how we could get BOTH choo and shelby miller because it appears to me to be two different paths.

Path one would be to trade EA to the cards (which wouldn't make sense because of peralta) and then sign cano.

Path two would be to just sign Choo and play our cards from there to see how we can still add.

However, I just have a feeling (like I said, haven't heard anything that would indicate it) that he's gonna pull another rabbit out of a hat. Something to blow us away. I feel like we're thinking of all the OBVIOUS possibilities, including the ones we read in articles. I'm a bit surprised someone hasn't leapt out for the sake of conversation and thrown a name out here that no one anticipates

I was kidding about Shelby, terps, it's a pipe dream now...I realize that.
Oh crap, are you giving us a riddle?

"leapt out", who could we be missing?

Is it Price? What do we have to trade though?
:noidea:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we make a trade it'll be too the rays. Just a hunch. I feel like we match up well

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I didn't even see your post before I posted that lol. Guess we're on the same page ;)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I talked to him was via text, because he and the rest of the rangers scouts flew out of town the other day to reconvene and discuss future plans this offseason I'm guessing. But earlier today I shot him a text asking if we had spoken to baltimore about wieters. He said that we actually had, but it turned out that baltimore and us just cannot find the right pieces. They don't need Mitch, they don't need gallo, our pitching isn't THAT great behind luke. So the only conceivable way to make a trade would be a 3 teamer. So JD shut down those conversations and moved on. He told me that he expects at least one more trade though and that JD is pushing for another trade moreso than signing anyone right now. This was as of this afternoon.

That's all I've got. Last week right after the Prince trade he told me that he thinks we're gonna sign one of McCann or Choo though because we had already spoken to both. And McCanns already off the boards soo....!

Choo!?

:clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.