• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks....I really didn't.....but I didn't express my thoughts very well either.

Glad you got it anyway.

But all is good with the world, right?

No, you did tell me to go to hell, but I think something didn't 'translate' the way you meant.
I didn't make it up, and was a little surprised, the post is there...but, moving on.

Is it odd for Wash to be making out a line-up already? anyone?
I don't get it

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you did tell me to go to hell, but I think something didn't 'translate' the way you meant.
I didn't make it up, and was a little surprised, the post is there...but, moving on.

I don't get it
You get it.......Wash:noidea::scratch:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get it

Given the player being discussed I think it was pretty obvious he'd be in the 3 or 4 spot. Other than that I don't think there's been any other lineup decisions tho I could be wrong. I don't have a problem with this tho. I thought Sosh made the decision early last season that he'd have Josh bat cleanup.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the player being discussed I think it was pretty obvious he'd be in the 3 or 4 spot. Other than that I don't think there's been any other lineup decisions tho I could be wrong. I don't have a problem with this tho. I thought Sosh made the decision early last season that he'd have Josh bat cleanup.

Fielder I get Randy, (I'm certainly okay with Beltre hitting 4) it's the Martin is going to lead off that is perplexing

:noidea:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, is the team set? What if we did sign Choo, Martin is still leading off?...very strange.
I hope it doesn't mean anything
I doubt it seriously.
Strange day on the board.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder I get Randy, (I'm certainly okay with Beltre hitting 4) it's the Martin is going to lead off that is perplexing

Well, you know, Wash's got all this free time on his hand

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One free agent that has obviously been tied to Boston is last year's first baseman, Mike Napoli. Opining that a reasonable projected value for Napoli (using various WAR projections and dollars-per-win figures) could reach as high as $80MM total over the next four years, SI.com's Jay Jaffe ultimately settles on predicting an eye-popping four-year, $68MM deal for the slugger.

There goes our idea Romeo if this guy's prediction is anywhere close.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. They may be indicating to Leonys that hey we believe in you to take that next that and this job is yours to lose. Things can always change later on but I think there just may be that expectation level where they want Leonys to take that next step and solidify the leadoff.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One free agent that has obviously been tied to Boston is last year's first baseman, Mike Napoli. Opining that a reasonable projected value for Napoli (using various WAR projections and dollars-per-win figures) could reach as high as $80MM total over the next four years, SI.com's Jay Jaffe ultimately settles on predicting an eye-popping four-year, $68MM deal for the slugger.

If he gets that good for him. But I think whoever give him that type of money will be regretting it immensely.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be a tough room these days, lots of bickering and fighting amongst the troops. My guess is that when the season starts this place is gonna be an all out riot! Went back to read where i left off last and had to wade through a bunch of pages of "stuff" to find out what kind of player Profar is gonna make one day.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be a tough room these days, lots of bickering and fighting amongst the troops. My guess is that when the season starts this place is gonna be an all out riot! Went back to read where i left off last and had to wade through a bunch of pages of "stuff" to find out what kind of player Profar is gonna make one day.

It's seems to start every time one certain person arrives.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT started before that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
childish insults for childish insults lainey...that's what it is with you. Selective reading helps too I suppose.

difference between the two...well, Lets see
Short has the longest throw in the infield while second has a little more difficult pivot. Both require range and both take many relay throws. Slow rollers require a do or die type play and both positions move on bunt coverages. Who takes the bag on a steal is most often determined by the pitch call.

what did I miss?

Everyone here wants Profar to do well, very well. Just start with that premise and I think things will go better for everyone.

you've mentioned several times that the Wash bashing upsets you. The irony of that is I have defended the guy as much as anyone sans maybe ESPN. I finally had it this year with continuing to play Murphy when he had other options. The very sad truth is, good managers just don't do that. They would have sat Murphy and given someone else the spot...then you give Murphy some opportunities and maybe he turns it around.

it was a disservice to the team, to Murphy and ultimately himself. It's like Wash will cut off his hand to spite his face.
the other irony, no one wanted Murphy to turn it around more than I, (well, I don't know if that's true, Murphy is well-liked)

The last thing I have been is a constant Wash-basher

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's seems to start every time one certain person arrives.

Ive noticed that, i have been away for a few weeks waiting until the first big move happened and then I was having all sorts of login issues. Guess you could say I have been lurking or trolling the board the last week or so! :peep: HEEHEE. Anyway glad to be back despite that kinda stuff

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW, someone is really rolling the dice.... 68 mil/4 years?

:faint:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the mystery team that was close to signing Navarro?

Status
Not open for further replies.