• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I talked to him was via text, because he and the rest of the rangers scouts flew out of town the other day to reconvene and discuss future plans this offseason I'm guessing. But earlier today I shot him a text asking if we had spoken to baltimore about wieters. He said that we actually had, but it turned out that baltimore and us just cannot find the right pieces. They don't need Mitch, they don't need gallo, our pitching isn't THAT great behind luke. So the only conceivable way to make a trade would be a 3 teamer. So JD shut down those conversations and moved on. He told me that he expects at least one more trade though and that JD is pushing for another trade moreso than signing anyone right now. This was as of this afternoon.

That's all I've got. Last week right after the Prince trade he told me that he thinks we're gonna sign one of McCann or Choo though because we had already spoken to both. And McCanns already off the boards soo....!

Good stuff, Terps! Much appreciated.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Choo/McCann thing was his personal opinion because he said that we had had some contact with either them or their agents. I don't think he got that opinion from anything JD hinted otherwise he probably would've straight up told me that

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolololol
But but... if were Santa (the thin handsome type OF COURSE)....you can get Miller and Choo for us

okay fine, Choo will work

Okay well if you have been nice all year I could bring "Choo" something nice but you may have to wait til Xmas

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the first thing people resort to in internet arguments is how old someone probably is...

ya got me. I'm 16, have a friend that works in the front office of the Texas Rangers organization, am a former college baseball player, own season tickets for the Rangers, the OU sooners, AND the Stars, and now work in the sport of baseball coaching traveling 16 year old teams (ironic but its the truth) and giving private lessons everyday. Jesus I'm one accomplished 16 year old eh?

Way to rub it in 16 year old lol. But you're really doing all that? lol or was it a joke? Are you gonna be a pro?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its very possible, probably moreso than everyone else here. If Price gets traded, I think its too us just because we fit so well as trade partners. I think Choo's very possible too. If we were gonna make two more big moves this offseason, I'd place my chips on these two events. That's just me

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its very possible, probably moreso than everyone else here. If Price gets traded, I think its too us just because we fit so well as trade partners. I think Choo's very possible too. If we were gonna make two more big moves this offseason, I'd place my chips on these two events. That's just me

I agree with this. And sign another catcher. Have rangers had any talks with navvaro? There is a Report out that says he's signing soon

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure at all. The only things I know from a catching standpoint is that we were in on McCann and the wieters thing

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't thought about that.
8 to 10 dingers and around 290/300 I guess

I think your close and I agree with you and JTA that we should see more from Profar this year with him being able to play one position on a consistent basis. I noticed JTA mentioned that in time as Profar fills out he could hit over 20 and I would not be surprised by that. I am looking for around 280 with 15 HRs myself this year. It might be a stretch but we shall see.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your close and I agree with you and JTA that we should see more from Profar this year with him being able to play one position on a consistent basis. I noticed JTA mentioned that in time as Profar fills out he could hit over 20 and I would not be surprised by that. I am looking for around 280 with 15 HRs myself this year. It might be a stretch but we shall see.

If you look at it, PDay's comments about his swing make sense,

Profar (basically a stick figure) has already shown much more power potential than Andrus (a pretty built dude for a SS IMO) so its all about swing plane and bat speed, Profar has shown pretty solid power potential for a MI and should only show more as he adds weight through his 20s

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at it, PDay's comments about his swing make sense,

Profar (basically a stick figure) has already shown much more power potential than Andrus (a pretty built dude for a SS IMO) so its all about swing plane and bat speed, Profar has shown pretty solid power potential for a MI and should only show more as he adds weight through his 20s

He was projected to be a 20 HR type player a few years ago, even when he was tipping the scales around 135. For whatever it's worth, he listed at 6 ft, 165 now. But he's hiding that 165 well.

Your assessment seems right on to me. Lots to look forward too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Evan Grant has any clue what the Rangers are doing next. :pound:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1