• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign Choo we basically have the whole continent of Asia rooting for us. So there's that

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is a role players stats?

I'm saying this year he will struggle and show flashes then maybe puts it together in 2015 or 16. That's not a knock on him. He's young. I would say just maybe Leoyns Martin numbers this year. That's fine

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true....which was why I said I expect. Maybe it's an outlandish statement, maybe not.
Lainey says elite defensively, hits for decent/high average, hopefully a 13-18 HR guy type power.
I'm thinking elite defense, 300 plus average with 18-23 dingers...at 21, that's a star to me.

should be fun

You expect him to do this next year?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if its been posted yet, but as of now Leonys is our leadoff/starting centerfielder, according to warsh

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to read a scouting report. Profar did not show any ability to be a threat on the bases. He doesn't have great speed.

no he really didn't, I just don't know what was in the reports.

People are failing to realize, his value was so high because of his projected ability to hit as a defensively elite SS, which is obviously a tough guy to find. When he's moved to second, the value is lowered.
He's not the face of a franchise guy at 2nd, He's not TROUT.

If he eventually hits as he his projected to, I fear Andrus will/could be moved if one of the other MI's also meet projections, but that's likely a couple years away...and we don't know if any of them live up yet. Andrus is proven.

The irony in all of this, is that while Kinsler is regressing, Profar is very likely never to hold as much value at 2nd. In a down year Kinsler hit 14 HR's at the age of 30
That's why I think people should brace for a Andrus trade in a couple years if Profar nails it. JD might not want to hold him at 2nd
he's here to stay, so I hope he does meet the projections, but the bottom line is, this isn't something transformative for the team, that would be a guy projected to hit over 20hr and steal 25 or more bases
wait...
:D

But the double plays should be a thing of beauty, and I look forward to them, truly. I want the Rook to shine.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I do

and you think 300 with 18 is outlandish....Fine

what do you think is more in line for next season?

Imo .265-.280 with 13-18 homers is more realistic for this season.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he really didn't, I just don't know what was in the reports.

People are failing to realize, his value was so high because of his projected ability to hit as a defensively elite SS, which is obviously a tough guy to find. When he's moved to second, the value is lowered.
He's not the face of a franchise guy at 2nd, He's not TROUT.

If he eventually hits as he his projected to, I fear Andrus will/could be moved if one of the other MI's also meet projections, but that's likely a couple years away...and we don't know if any of them live up yet. Andrus is proven.

The irony in all of this, is that while Kinsler is regressing, Profar is very likely never to hold as much value at 2nd. In a down year Kinsler hit 14 HR's at the age of 30
That's why I think people should brace for a Andrus trade in a couple years if Profar nails it. JD might not want to hold him at 2nd
Bottom line, he's here to stay, so I hope he does meet the projections, but the bottom line is, this isn't something transformative for the team, that would be a guy projected to hit over 20hr and steal 25 or more bases
wait...
:D

But the double plays should be a thing of beauty, and I look forward to them, truly. I want the Rook to shine.
Just for grins, Profar goes to SS and Elvis slides over to 3rd when Beltre gives it up.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if its been posted yet, but as of now Leonys is our leadoff/starting centerfielder, according to warsh

Well, sometimes ya just got throw them in there, see how he does on a regular basis. I understand the thought, if he matures, and becomes a true lead-off, he'll be a killer

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...kinsler type numbers....kidding

should be interesting to see how the kid handles it all......I'm thinking he'll surprise.

I hope he does too, and I hope I'm proven wrong about him. I'm not as big on him as most. I like the trade. The pressure will be on, some kids can handle it, some can't.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the same was said about all young stars getting started in this game.
What is it about my opinion of Profar that you find so disturbing? Why do you think last season defines what Profar will be?

i see him as a future star a year or 2 down the road. you act like he will become an immediate star. until he learns how to handle big league pitchers he will struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.