• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only stated cause DT didn't read the post correctly.

also...I wasn't complaining....I was laughing at this boards click on opinions. Nothing proves that more to me than this little exchange.

This must have been too complicated for you because it was not the complaining. It was "I was laughing at this boards...".

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
# 6-9 was the area being referred to when I made my first comment. That is why I addressed it the way I did but you are also correct when you say # 1-9. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No apology needed here sir. You and I both posted about this and our point was 6-9 vs 1-3 or whatever wasn't the issue. Our problem, as a team was 1-9 (exception 3rd base) with driving in runs, especially RISP.

Again, I think both Martin and Profar are nothing but upside. And if Moreland stays with us, he can bounce back from his "not-so-great" season.

Something I'm not getting, is how many people still use the Martin/Gentry for CF. I'm convinced the Rangers are damn near 100% committed to Martin being our CF for the future. Gentry will only be used to rest him IMO.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. Nothing about last season say's the same for this season. I expect Profar to be a star, Martin to improve over a good season and moreland to be traded

based on what for Profar? a lot of praying and rabbit's feet

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway rangers would be in on this???

From reading this, it seems far from biting our dust necessarily. I wouldn't mind us over paying this guy a little and see what other shoe drops for COFer's, or utility players.

I was sorry to see us walk away from Baker. But we kept a pitcher - one I'm unfamiliar - so the arms seem to rule JD's nest.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. Nothing about last season say's the same for this season. I expect Profar to be a star, Martin to improve over a good season and moreland to be traded

I don't know about star yet. We will see I expect him to e a decent role player

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but I think his point was a decent one. Upside for Profar, building block for Martin, and Mitch being traded. Don't see any of this as foolish.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about star yet. We will see I expect him to e a decent role player

If he, long term, turns into a "decent role player" then the Rangers and all of baseball missed very badly on this young man.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I think his point was a decent one. Upside for Profar, building block for Martin, and Mitch being traded. Don't see any of this as foolish.

i just think Profar was overwhelmed by big league pitching last season and that was the reason you didn't see much of him later in the season.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Schoenfield:
Choo isn't without power -- 16 home runs with Cleveland in 2012, 21 with Cincinnati -- and would bring an impact bat to the top of the Texas order. Rangers leadoff hitters (primarily Kinsler) were OK in 2013, ranking fourth in the AL in OBP and sixth in OPS, but were just 11th in runs scored. Some of that was because the No. 2 hitters (primarily Andrus) were among the league's worst, ranking 12th in OBP and 14th in slugging percentage. Studies have shown that the No. 2 position in the lineup is actually the spot where you should put your best hitter. Andrus' lack of power makes him a poor choice to bat second.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Schoenfield:
Choo isn't without power -- 16 home runs with Cleveland in 2012, 21 with Cincinnati -- and would bring an impact bat to the top of the Texas order. Rangers leadoff hitters (primarily Kinsler) were OK in 2013, ranking fourth in the AL in OBP and sixth in OPS, but were just 11th in runs scored. Some of that was because the No. 2 hitters (primarily Andrus) were among the league's worst, ranking 12th in OBP and 14th in slugging percentage. Studies have shown that the No. 2 position in the lineup is actually the spot where you should put your best hitter. Andrus' lack of power makes him a poor choice to bat second.

That's why signing choo is important slide him to lead off or 2nd hole

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he, long term, turns into a "decent role player" then the Rangers and all of baseball missed very badly on this young man.

It's early so it's hard to tell right now. But next year I expect him to be a role player maybe a star in the future

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why signing choo is important slide him to lead off or 2nd hole

I agree, but I don't know that signing Choo is enough. That was the topic that Romeo brought up last night. Would you rather sign Choo and have a below average DH, or sign 2 guys like maybe Napoli and Cruz/Beltran.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the same was said about all young stars getting started in this game.
What is it about my opinion of Profar that you find so disturbing? Why do you think last season defines what Profar will be?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I don't know that signing Choo is enough. That was the topic that Romeo brought up last night. Would you rather sign Choo and have a below average DH, or sign 2 guys like maybe Napoli and Cruz/Beltran.

Well maybe a choo+ willingham or Michael morse would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.