• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timely hitting will always be correct if you have appropriate people to do it.

Timely hitting to me isn't a science that's fixable in that sense. It's certainly a very subjective situation but as you said all you can do is try to get the appropriate people you think that will be able to deliver and make them have a good plate approach regardless of how the outcome is going to turn out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody hear the Prince Fielder press conference? Pretty weird yet great at the same time. He sounds very chill and disinterested but it just looks like that's his personality. He's not the typical athlete that says the same things over and over in front of the camera.

Didn't hear it, but he's always been a guy traveling to a little different beat.

This really put off people in Detroit. When things were going south in critical situations and Prince had than nonchalant attitude - this went on for years - they really wanted to see a more concerned response.

I think he is his own person and this is how he deals with the stress perhaps.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that takes out my trade plan with the orioles from earlier. My source tells me that JD tried to get something together after the McCann signing to bring wieters over here but baltimore wasn't biting because the pieces we were offering did not fit.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that takes out my trade plan with the orioles from earlier. My source tells me that JD tried to get something together after the McCann signing to bring wieters over here but baltimore wasn't biting because the pieces we were offering did not fit.
What other catchers are out there that would be better than Soto at this point?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I hearing this right in that it was stated Fielder would bat 3rd? Do you all really think that is the best place for him? I would figure batting behind Beltre which would help Beltre.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively there is salty, but I'm satisfied with soto at this point because there is a lot more to catching then offense. Soto is great with pitching mechanics and calls a good game. So because of those reasons I think our next move should be right field

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably are not any that are available. But I am a little tired of dealing with Baltimore as that has not turned out that great in the long run.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I hearing this right in that it was stated Fielder would bat 3rd? Do you all really think that is the best place for him? I would figure batting behind Beltre which would help Beltre.

Ya wash said when we got him he would bat 3rd. I'm fine with this. Separates the righties in andrus and beltre plus Prince is a BIG time pull hitter, and when elvis hits behind the leadoff man to advance him to second or 3rd we need someone who AT LEAST will be able to pull it to second base on the ground

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he'll be batting 3rd. I don't really have one set opinion on where he should be even though he batted behind Miggy and Braun. I'm ok with 3rd for now...if they need to flip down the line then that's fine too.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively there is salty, but I'm satisfied with soto at this point because there is a lot more to catching then offense. Soto is great with pitching mechanics and calls a good game. So because of those reasons I think our next move should be right field
Agree. Soto does have the potential to contribute but really needs to help these young pitchers. Go get that LF bat.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dioner Navarro has been mentioned often and would team nicely with Soto.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dioner Navarro has been mentioned often and would team nicely with Soto.
Yes I know. I mentioned him recently but haven't seen any response. He would be back up to Soto I guess.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know. I mentioned him recently but haven't seen any response. He would be back up to Soto I guess.

Well then, I back your plan. And Soto would be # 1 but Navarro would allow him to get some proper rest. If Wash will allow such a thing.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, I back your plan. And Soto would be # 1 but Navarro would allow him to get some proper rest. If Wash will allow such a thing.
He will have to allow it I think.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this and figured then and now there's not much too it. Just a writer throwing out fodder.

Hey, everyone gets to play FO & GM this time of year.

As are most things written this time of year, mostly speculating based on the general knowledge of a teams possible needs. I don't put much faith in any of it until I read something with some concrete sources that validate a deal is being done.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will have to allow it I think.

After watching him just completely wear down numerous guys during the 2012 season; especially EA and Kins, and watching him absolutely force feed Murphy day-after-day last year, I'm not sure he's capable. Although he did seem to do a better job of resting guys last year, I'll have to admit. But that Murphy situation went beyond anything I've witnessed. Sadly amazing.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timely hitting will always be correct if you have appropriate people to do it.1 and 2 hitters can't Drive in RISP if the lower isn't getting on. That's the point.

and the original point was about scoring runs
"The Rangers were 11th in the AL in runs scored from their No. 1 and No. 2 hitters"

point remains....pure comedy:yahoo:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching him just completely wear down numerous guys during the 2012 season; especially EA and Kins, and watching him absolutely force feed Murphy day-after-day last year, I'm not sure he's capable. Although he did seem to do a better job of resting guys last year, I'll have to admit. But that Murphy situation went beyond anything I've witnessed. Sadly amazing.
Yes it was.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the original point was about scoring runs
"The Rangers were 11th in the AL in runs scored from their No. 1 and No. 2 hitters"

point remains....pure comedy:yahoo:
You're hopeless but not giving up on you.:yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.