• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland will be gone I think. Soto didn't do to bad with the playing time he had. Profar and Martin, nobody knows right now. And there may be a trade in the making that will change things. JD knows exactly what you're talking about and if he doesn't fix it this year than it's all on him. Expect something to happen.

i pray that JD is going to make a couple of moves because if we don't we are facing a similar output to last year. not sure of our position but it seemed like we were near the bottom of the bottom 3rd of baseball in driving in RISP. and our pitchers suffered because of it. Darvish pitched his ass off and lost 4 games 1-0 and several others where he got minimal run support.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i pray that JD is going to make a couple of moves because if we don't we are facing a similar output to last year. not sure of our position but it seemed like we were near the bottom of the bottom 3rd of baseball in driving in RISP. and our pitchers suffered because of it. Darvish pitched his ass off and lost 4 games 1-0 and several others where he got minimal run support.
That may have kept Yu from getting the CY YOUNG.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we go into the season with a 6 thru 9 like that and pray that one or more of Soto, Moreland, Profar and Martin has an improved 2014 season. we went this route last season and we stunk up the park with our failure to get RISP's across the plate. and we can't lay it on the shoulders of 1 thru 5 to do all of it. we have NO thump with those 4 at the bottom of the order.

Moreland had 23 HR last year and had a bad year. Soto had 9 HRs in 54 games. Martin only hit 8 and Profar is probably good for about the same. Where's the NO thump you're speaking of? And the only odd man out here is Moreland, if he gets traded. But the other 3 are going to be everyday players, like it or not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, JD is just damn near forced to do something but he can't wait much longer b/c things are happening fast around the league i.e. Cards ss trade

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, JD is just damn near forced to do something but he can't wait much longer b/c things are happening fast around the league i.e. Cards ss trade

It does seem the pace is starting to pick up, fairly rapidly

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland had 23 HR last year and had a bad year. Soto had 9 HRs in 54 games. Martin only hit 8 and Profar is probably good for about the same. Where's the NO thump you're speaking of? And the only odd man out here is Moreland, if he gets traded. But the other 3 are going to be everyday players, like it or not.
THUMP does not spell HR'S in this case. RISP is more likely what he is referring to or that's the way I takeIT. Anything from the lower order that produces runs means THUMP whether it be singles or HR.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THUMP does not spell HR'S in this case. RISP is more likely what he is referring to or that's the way I takeIT. Anything from the lower order that produces runs means THUMP whether it be singles or HR.

Yeah, I'm with ya. But don't single out these few guys, when our entire team struggled with RISP. We ranked 17th in the category.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic. But first, it's still late Nov and there may be numerous moves made via trade or FA yet to come. Second, we seemed to have had "one of those years" last year. We honestly seemed snake bit.

I'm expecting, not praying, that Martin and Profar will show positive growth this season too.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has a lot of trade value. I do think if he is moved elsewhere he'll breakout. I don't think it will be Chris Davis level but he will be an all around very good player. He's had his chances here and it hasn't quite come together.

Chris won't keep those numbers up. I'll be very interested to see how he does next year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, I expect JD to do something completely out of the ballpark, like he did with fielder. I'm gonna suggest something that hasn't been suggested yet (I don't think?) just for the sake of new conversation, so give me your opinions.

What if we signed Choo and Granderson? Then we could package Moreland, Leonys, and some prospects for someone like wieters or even a david price, if they take it of course.

bumping this post from late last night. What are you guys thoughts?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of money tied up in those two. Not sure JD will go that way.

It would be similar to peoples former ideas of signing mcCann and choo, no? In fact this would require less money/years

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bumping this post from late last night. What are you guys thoughts?

Personally I don't like it. Neither choo nor grandson are ideal centerfielders. Both will cost a big chunk of money and draft picks. Martin imo will blossom into an all star in the very near future. I also don't really like wieters

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be similar to peoples former ideas of signing mcCann and choo, no? In fact this would require less money/years

Except that McCann plays a premium position in catcher and we only have one spot available in the outfield. Neither choo nor granderson are guys you want patrolling center field every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.