• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin's problem is he needs to be more selective. It is almost like he has made his mind up to swing no matter what.

Agreed. A year under his belt, and another season to work with a hitting coach who preaches discipline, and maybe we'll see a more controlled approach.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and large SUV's with 4 wheel drive are worthless in ice. Usually during storms like these, we'll see the the majority of cars that have slid off the road, are indeed the SUV's/Trucks.

Snow, they are helpful...ice NO.
stay home.
Back seat drivers!! Don't pay her any mind JD. Get out there and sign somebody ice or not.:laugh3:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin had a decent year but got worn down with his first long year of MLB. I think he'll be much improved this year, and there's every reason to expect this.

As far as Murphy is concerned, he consistently got about 475 AB for the last 6 years. So he wasn't over exposed this season, but rather just had a bad one.

If we aren't "assuming" Profar is going to improve this year then he should be dealt immediately before anyone else picks up on he's a bust.

so we go into the season with a 6 thru 9 like that and pray that one or more of Soto, Moreland, Profar and Martin has an improved 2014 season. we went this route last season and we stunk up the park with our failure to get RISP's across the plate. and we can't lay it on the shoulders of 1 thru 5 to do all of it. we have NO thump with those 4 at the bottom of the order.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point, but
I think the idea is one of the four, if not more will hit better
Profar and Soto will get more consistent PA's, maybe MM finally improves

Martin will need to improve at the plate this year and show more discipline. Profar while I hope he shows more signs of the star people are expecting, will likely have some growing pains. Soto w more PA's will probably hit more HR's but don't expect his BA to improve much, though he should draw some walks and work well with the pitching staff. Mitch is going to probably have an injury that keeps him out for weeks, though I'm hoping not and he will show signs of power with 20-25 HR's but don't expect much more than that as far as OBP or Avg. Here is to hoping we JD pulls some more rabbits out of a hat from somewhere, no idea what it may be however.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we go into the season with a 6 thru 9 like that and pray that one or more of Soto, Moreland, Profar and Martin has an improved 2014 season. we went this route last season and we stunk up the park with our failure to get RISP's across the plate. and we can't lay it on the shoulders of 1 thru 5 to do all of it. we have NO thump with those 4 at the bottom of the order.
Moreland will be gone I think. Soto didn't do to bad with the playing time he had. Profar and Martin, nobody knows right now. And there may be a trade in the making that will change things. JD knows exactly what you're talking about and if he doesn't fix it this year than it's all on him. Expect something to happen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland will be gone I think. Soto didn't do to bad with the playing time he had. Profar and Martin, nobody knows right now. And there may be a trade in the making that will change things. JD knows exactly what you're talking about and if he doesn't fix it this year than it's all on him. Expect something to happen.

Like your optimism DT, here's to you being right! :suds::yahoo:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Murph but that and 25 cents won't buy you a cup of coffee.

No worries, I don't drink coffee but i will keep drinking the Kool-aid if you tell me JD is gonna make it happen

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree with you DT. And if Profar is still with the team and playing an everyday position I think we will see some thump from his bat.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you DT. And if Profar is still with the team and playing an everyday position I think we will see some thump from his bat.
The kid was jack'd around so much last year it was hard to get a fair overview of him. Prince is not much in two years work for JD so expect something on the surface. He can't hope to keep his job if there isn't.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moreland gets moved, and soon. No idea what we can get back for him, probably nothing but a mid-grade prospect. Would love to get a young 3B prospect back, even if he is single-A. Going to need one in a couple of years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moreland gets moved, and soon. No idea what we can get back for him, probably nothing but a mid-grade prospect. Would love to get a young 3B prospect back, even if he is single-A. Going to need one in a couple of years.
You are so right. Beltre is starting to show a slow down with those bad legs. Hard to replace a man like that.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has a lot of trade value. I do think if he is moved elsewhere he'll breakout. I don't think it will be Chris Davis level but he will be an all around very good player. He's had his chances here and it hasn't quite come together.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so right. Beltre is starting to show a slow down with those bad legs. Hard to replace a man like that.

This just a thought but it is not unusual for a SS end up playing 3rd. Couldn't Profar learn that position someday? Or if we had Cano ... I will stop there.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just a thought but it is not unusual for a SS end up playing 3rd. Couldn't Profar learn that position someday? Or if we had Cano ... I will stop there.
Yeah I think he or Elvis are good possibilities.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is the offseason and some of us dream big without any chance of some of these trades actually coming to fruition, lets acquire Felix Hernandez so that we have a "King" and a "Prince". HAHA yeah just talking nonsense, don't think Seattle ever moves that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.