• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The reason you make me mad, is that you are often demonstrably wrong and then never admit it"

really?
which one of the three...cause I only know of three with you thus far

1. Cruz....the WS non-catch and his value going forward
2. Washington.....his value going forward
3. Kinsler.......his value over Profar's

I always say the world according to one's own opinion.

Errors Committed as 2B s c a p y
2006 AL 18 (1st)
2007 AL 17 (1st)
2008 AL 18 (1st)
2009 AL 11 (4th)
2011 AL 11 (2nd)
2012 AL 18 (1st)
2013 AL 13 (1st)
Active 113 (4th)

but I'm talking outta my ass here cause I mentioned GG and wasn't politically correct with this DRS bulllshit.

You keep thinking you're special rev.....surely some buddies will come around and prop you up

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The reason you make me mad, is that you are often demonstrably wrong and then never admit it"

really?
which one of the three...cause I only know of three with you thus far

1. Cruz....the WS non-catch and his value going forward
2. Washington.....his value going forward
3. Kinsler.......his value over Profar's

I always say the world according to one's own opinion.

Errors Committed as 2B s c a p y
2006 AL 18 (1st)
2007 AL 17 (1st)
2008 AL 18 (1st)
2009 AL 11 (4th)
2011 AL 11 (2nd)
2012 AL 18 (1st)
2013 AL 13 (1st)
Active 113 (4th)

but I'm talking outta my ass here cause I mentioned GG and wasn't politically correct with this DRS bulllshit.

You keep thinking you're special rev.....surely some buddies will come around and prop you up
Elvis has more errors per year than Kinsler, so do you consider him to be middle of the road defensively? That's ignoring the fact that the number of errors means absolutely nothing. Someone with zero range will have less errors than someone with more range. That's elementary. Instead you just stare the the E total with no context of understanding what it means.

Why is DRS bullshit? I don't think you can objectively prove that one.

No one ever said I was special. In fact I don't give a shit if you think I am special. But what I do know is that you are still wrong about that Nelson Cruz play. Maybe because you are mentally incapable of understanding that the situation is not how you present it.

Washington's value going forward hinges on playing "loving him" and not wanting to upset the apple cart. That's tenuous at best.

And finally we have Kinsler vs Profar, when they don't even fucking play the same natural position.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Elvis has more errors per year than Kinsler, so do you consider him to be middle of the road defensively?"

That sure is a stupid ass question.

Call it a night, back away from the computer and start fresh tomorrow.

For such a smart guy, well.....keep reading

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis has more errors per year than Kinsler, so do you consider him to be middle of the road defensively? That's ignoring the fact that the number of errors means absolutely nothing. Someone with zero range will have less errors than someone with more range. That's elementary. Instead you just stare the the E total with no context of understanding what it means.

Why is DRS bullshit? I don't think you can objectively prove that one.

No one ever said I was special. In fact I don't give a shit if you think I am special. But what I do know is that you are still wrong about that Nelson Cruz play. Maybe because you are mentally incapable of understanding that the situation is not how you present it.

Washington's value going forward hinges on playing "loving him" and not wanting to upset the apple cart. That's tenuous at best.

And finally we have Kinsler vs Profar, when they don't even fucking play the same natural position.

I thought you watched these games.
Kinsler makes mucho throwing errors, drops DP balls and boots balls right at him. That is the reason he leads baseball for errors. C'mon, be a little smarter. The home town scorers have saved Kins butt on multiple occasions. Just watch the games.

least we know your panties are just wadded here and I don't pull shit outta thin air.

dismissed

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Elvis has more errors per year than Kinsler, so do you consider him to be middle of the road defensively?"

That sure is a stupid ass question.

Call it a night, back away from the computer and start fresh tomorrow.

For such a smart guy, well.....keep reading
You are the guy that wants to count errors instead of looking at them in context. If it's a stupid ass question, it's because you are the one that set forth that metric as the basis of your ill informed statement.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you watched these games.
Kinsler makes mucho throwing errors, drops DP balls and boots balls right at him. That is the reason he leads baseball for errors. C'mon, be a little smarter. The home town scorers have saved Kins butt on multiple occasions. Just watch the games.

least we know your panties are just wadded here and I don't pull shit outta thin air.

dismissed
Oh so now the hometown scorer is complicit with saving Kinsler...get the fuck out of here you delusional clown.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well sure....you got buddies here....hardly makes you right. Where is Romaro?

again....it was you that said Profar would hit 15/16 HR's high end as if you know that for a fact, or was it something you read?

sorry...kinsler has always been middle of the pack defensively and I have little question profar will be much better. You guys overrate Kinsler and it's a shame you would send Profar packing for Kinsler.

It's always funny how my opinion upsets you Rev. Topped only by your assurance you know all that profar will become. Sorry....I take Profar over Kinsler

Something has got to give. Kinsler should not be moved to 1st, or OF. You either try to trade him, or you trade Profar. Kinsler is the catalyst on this team though, and I've never been that high on Profar. If I had to guess the FO will try and move Profar. I actually think I would be ok with trading either of them as long as we upgrade C, DH, and COF

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't be a topic if we didn't have Profar. Now getting rid of Profar cause his contract is the easiest to trade in order to keep Ian fat dumb and happy at second base is a losers mentality. Keeping Kinsler for 1B duty is just as bad IMO.

Frankly, when I factor all that Ian has been for the Rangers, I don't get the love affair. It's as if the guy put up all world numbers his entire career and that isn't the case. Great range that remains error prone. I don't get it.....not at the expense of Profar I don't

WOW

:doh:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"hometown scorer"? WTF?

that's a new one
yowza

you watch baseball....I'll correct myself, any scorer!

many errors are ruled hits and visa versa, but way more errors are given as hits

but hey.....jump in anytime and be a score keeper, it's what 5 or 6 of you do for each other

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shoulda highlighted this part about at the expense of Profar, but then again....that doesn't help the cause

:suds:

So, what's your love affair with Profar based on? At least we have numbers for Kinsler, there's little argument he's been one of the 2nd's in the league.

or maybe you don't, prepare yourself if Profar never hits over .250, can't steal bases and hits about 9 HR's a year...
whether you believe it or not, 2nd's like Kinsler are not common.

so once again, what's with the love affair for Profar?

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

many errors are ruled hits and visa versa, but way more errors are given as hits

but hey.....jump in anytime and be a score keeper, it's what 5 or 6 of you do for each other

I've agreed with you on this topic so far, but I don't get the scorer advantage, I can't think of any out of the ordinary instances where Kinsler has had an inordinate amount of errors called hits

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so you don't like Kinsler because the only value a 2nd brings is defense....and you think he's poor defensively

If this game were based on defense, we'd need another 1000 teams, the problem is most can't hit at this level, it's not the defense that dooms careers

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy wants to manage. He would have gone to Boston and he was close to going to the Cubs before...Now that family isn't keeping him in the area...He has no reason to stay. Unless he wants this job.

I know, but nothing anyone can do if he wants to manage

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler is not even close to being a problem, or weakness on this team. Profar has more value on the trade market. He'd have even more value if we wouldn't have called him up this year. We might shop them both.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't believe people are already writing off Kinsler. i know he is the pop-up king but isn't it a little premature to be writing him off now?

Too much projection about Profar has essentially led to this....IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.