• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt he see's Frisco before 2015. Alot of holes in that swing.
I can see him in Frisco next year. From what I read they seemed less concerned with this holes right now. They want him to move up and prove he can still punish the ball at higher levels. They seem pretty confident about him being able to work through those strikeouts with better coaches etc.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to Kinsler or Profar, long term, I'd rather they keep Profar. I've always been a Kinsler fan, but I think we may have seen his best. The ace in the hole may be the kid at Frisco, Roughned Odor. He really came on last year and may make Profar expendable now so they can keep Kinsler at second base for now and deal with him later. That's a mighty big MAY, though. You also run the risk of another Michael Young situation with Kinsler down the road.

"Down the road"? MY is 5 years older than Kinsler.

I don't think we're quite there yet, just sayin
This isn't a worry for next season, nor the next imo.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thing about Profar is that he projects well at about 3 different positions, he may eventually grow into 3B as he gets bigger, Anyone remember how small Beltre was when he came up with the Dodgers?

So while we're trying to slot Profar into 2B now, once Beltre's contract is up, Profar may be an option at 3B... Reason being, lack of 3B options in the minors, and don't say Gallo, he is not a 3B long term

Maybe it's just me, but Profar looked even bigger by the end of the season. It wouldn't be that surprising considering his age.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girardi agrees to 4 year deal with Yankees. We can expect the Cubs to go balls deep on Maddux, because I doubt they want to bring Dusty Baker back.

It is the Cubs Rev.

Nah, just kidding, I think they're on a better track than they've been in awhile.
No sense worrying about Maddux, that will be out of everyone's hands.

No guarantee he's Manager material anyway, but I GET the worry

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the Cubs Rev.

Nah, just kidding, I think they're on a better track than they've been in awhile.
No sense worrying about Maddux, that will be out of everyone's hands.

No guarantee he's Manager material anyway, but I GET the worry
The guy wants to manage. He would have gone to Boston and he was close to going to the Cubs before...Now that family isn't keeping him in the area...He has no reason to stay. Unless he wants this job.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think we're already at the MY situation. But you've got a terrific point on Odor. He seems to be the real deal, and does give us a little wiggle room at 2nd. And frankly, I'm sold on EA @ SS. But hey, make us an offer we can't refuse and perhaps the trigger shall be pulled.

It's gonna be a fun time with all of us playing GM for the next 6 months ain't it? haha

i can't believe people are already writing off Kinsler. i know he is the pop-up king but isn't it a little premature to be writing him off now?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't believe people are already writing off Kinsler. i know he is the pop-up king but isn't it a little premature to be writing him off now?

wouldn't be a topic if we didn't have Profar. Now getting rid of Profar cause his contract is the easiest to trade in order to keep Ian fat dumb and happy at second base is a losers mentality. Keeping Kinsler for 1B duty is just as bad IMO.

Frankly, when I factor all that Ian has been for the Rangers, I don't get the love affair. It's as if the guy put up all world numbers his entire career and that isn't the case. Great range that remains error prone. I don't get it.....not at the expense of Profar I don't

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't be a topic if we didn't have Profar. Now getting rid of Profar cause his contract is the easiest to trade in order to keep Ian fat dumb and happy at second base is a losers mentality. Keeping Kinsler for 1B duty is just as bad IMO.

Frankly, when I factor all that Ian has been for the Rangers, I don't get the love affair. It's as if the guy put up all world numbers his entire career and that isn't the case. Great range that remains error prone. I don't get it.....not at the expense of Profar I don't
Wow...just wow....Profar has done nothing for Texas yet, but you wanna knock Kins left and right. I know I am not the only one that thinks you are being ridiculous with this stuff..

This is not a love affair. This is appreciating all the guy brings to the team. It's not like he chooses to be the lead off hitter. That's not his call, but he goes out there and works his butt off. This has nothing to do with being in love with Kinsler, but you for some reason act like he's playing at Young level defense or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, just wow man. I am not a fan of Kins being a leadoff hitter and sure I've been frustrated when he gets into pop mode but are you kidding me? Kinsler is a solid 2b at worst if not slightly above average and over 162 games is going to be pretty steady offensively with a little pop. Profar has talent to be sure but let's not get carried away either.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league and therefore young players with lots of talent have to perform above and beyond when they get their chances if they hope to unseat the veterans. If the Yankees followed this logic they would have canned Jeter five years ago only to see him have one of his best hitting years two years ago. As they say on MNF....C'mon Man.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow man. I am not a fan of Kins being a leadoff hitter and sure I've been frustrated when he gets into pop mode but are you kidding me? Kinsler is a solid 2b at worst if not slightly above average and over 162 games is going to be pretty steady offensively with a little pop. Profar has talent to be sure but let's not get carried away either.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" league and therefore young players with lots of talent have to perform above and beyond when they get their chances if they hope to unseat the veterans. If the Yankees followed this logic they would have canned Jeter five years ago only to see him have one of his best hitting years two years ago. As they say on MNF....C'mon Man.

did you just compare Kinsler to Jeter?

and you say c'mon man?

:laugh3:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...just wow....Profar has done nothing for Texas yet, but you wanna knock Kins left and right. I know I am not the only one that thinks you are being ridiculous with this stuff..

This is not a love affair. This is appreciating all the guy brings to the team. It's not like he chooses to be the lead off hitter. That's not his call, but he goes out there and works his butt off. This has nothing to do with being in love with Kinsler, but you for some reason act like he's playing at Young level defense or something.

well sure....you got buddies here....hardly makes you right. Where is Romaro?

again....it was you that said Profar would hit 15/16 HR's high end as if you know that for a fact, or was it something you read?

sorry...kinsler has always been middle of the pack defensively and I have little question profar will be much better. You guys overrate Kinsler and it's a shame you would send Profar packing for Kinsler.

It's always funny how my opinion upsets you Rev. Topped only by your assurance you know all that profar will become. Sorry....I take Profar over Kinsler

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not trading Profar b/c its easiest, its trading Profar for something we NEED (SP or OF)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so we have a conundrum with 4 players and 3 positions, what do we do? and please don't talk about moving Kinsler to 1st or the outfield or playing musical chairs and rotating Profar thru the 3 positions and others thru DH because that limits us as far as adding other offensive players. and we saw how poor our offense was last year.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well sure....you got buddies here....hardly makes you right. Where is Romaro?

again....it was you that said Profar would hit 15/16 HR's high end as if you know that for a fact, or was it something you read?

sorry...kinsler has always been middle of the pack defensively and I have little question profar will be much better. You guys overrate Kinsler and it's a shame you would send Profar packing for Kinsler.

It's always funny how my opinion upsets you Rev. Topped only by your assurance you know all that profar will become. Sorry....I take Profar over Kinsler
Oh whatever man...you hide behind your precious right to an opinion. You just make that stuff up out of thin air. I read scout after scout, watch the games myself, and study the numbers.

You also use terms like "always". Beware general statements when talking about sports, because one exception makes you wrong. Kinsler has not ALWAYS been middle of the pack. His DRS numbers tell a much different story from the picture you paint. Then again I don't know what you actually base your statements on in the first place.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not trading Profar b/c its easiest, its trading Profar for something we NEED (SP or OF)

I wouldn't do it

sorry that upsets the masses here...I remain good with the opinion and look forward to seeing how this turns out.

:suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh whatever man...you hide behind your precious right to an opinion. You just make that stuff up out of thin air. I read scout after scout, watch the games myself, and study the numbers.

You also use terms like "always". Beware general statements when talking about sports, because one exception makes you wrong. Kinsler has not ALWAYS been middle of the pack. His DRS numbers tell a much different story from the picture you paint. Then again I don't know what you actually base your statements on in the first place.

Don't get mad rev. This is something where nobody bats 1000. Nothing wrong with an opinion based on opinions or studying the numbers. I also can qualify the opinion by saying I have spent a number of years playing. Opinions can be like ass holes. we all have um. You like a couple of your board buddies just can't stand it when someone differs in opinion. Again....get over yourself. Your opinion carries no more weight than the next guy.

What did I say that was outta thin air? Didn't you say the high side for Profar was 16 HR's and HE WOULD NEVER MATCH KINSLER'S BEST YEAR? I think you did. Do I need to serve it up for you?

My eyes have seen the same two cent head player with an uppercut and some pop. There is no question as 2nd baseman go, this guy has always been middle of the road defensively. Show me the season where he was in GG contention. Number of errors will tell you what he is. I'm sorry, you hang on DRS stats, I'll go with what I know about baseball. You should research number of throwing errors with those errors and tell me how he belongs in the top 10 defensively....DRS and all

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do it

sorry that upsets the masses here...I remain good with the opinion and look forward to seeing how this turns out.

:suds:

so you're happy with the poor offensive show we put on last year?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get mad rev. This is something where nobody bats 1000. Nothing wrong with an opinion based on opinions or studying the numbers. I also can qualify the opinion by saying I have spent a number of years playing. Opinions can be like ass holes. we all have um. You like a couple of your board buddies just can't stand it when someone differs in opinion. Again....get over yourself. Your opinion carries no more weight than the next guy.

What did I say that was outta thin air? Didn't you say the high side for Profar was 16 HR's and HE WOULD NEVER MATCH KINSLER'S BEST YEAR? I think you did. Do I need to serve it up for you?

My eyes have seen the same two cent head player with an uppercut and some pop. There is no question as 2nd baseman go, this guy has always been middle of the road defensively. Show me the season where he was in GG contention. Number of errors will tell you what he is. I'm sorry, you hang on DRS stats, I'll go with what I know about baseball. You should research number of throwing errors with those errors and tell me how he belongs in the top 10 defensively....DRS and all
The reason you make me mad, is that you are often demonstrably wrong and then never admit it. Then you throw out some trite cliche defending your right to be wrong all the time. And yes my opinion carries more weight, because I am willing to admit that I can not only BE WRONG, but that there are times when I AM WRONG.

Kinsler has had multiple years where he had 30 homers and 30 steals. Profar will never match that. He's not a base stealer, and his power is NOT projected to be that high. That's not a magic 8 ball prediction. It's understanding his skill set and knowing that typically guys don't just show off 30 homer power when they've never possessed that ability before. He's not Mike Trout, nor will he never be Mike Trout.

You use GG as the basis for defensive ability, and then you want me to respect your opinions? Sorry, but you are very ignorant about this. And it's almost embarrassing to see how wrong you are. I don't respect anything you have to say, and probably never will. Because you are willfully ignorant and hold to indefensible feeling based opinions. So yeah, when you post stupid stuff, I will comment on it, because that's mostly what you do around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.