• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians are going to sign David Murphy. 2yr/10 million. I just said yesterday he probably get 3-5 a year. He shouldn't have turned that 3/27.

If someone offers you 27 million for 3 years of baseball....You take it. Way to leave 17 million on the table Murph. Also they have a state income tax, so you lose even more money in the end. Fire your agents.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he has sources, but ya have to think this kind of crap is just for hits and yes...unintentional humor is the benefit

you aren't seriously paying!?
Sites will re-post his stuff.

See, you're part of the problem for paying the guy...

:D

I am not an insider.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone offers you 27 million for 3 years of baseball....You take it. Way to leave 17 million on the table Murph. Also they have a state income tax, so you lose even more money in the end. Fire your agents.

I felt bad at first, but then I realized I wouldn't care who my agent is, I'm not turning down 9 million a year. He had to know he was not a star and that was a good deal for him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt bad at first, but then I realized I wouldn't care who my agent is, I'm not turning down 9 million a year. He had to know he was not a star and that was a good deal for him.

Some are saying that Murphy denied it, but no clue if he did or not. However he had to have expected more money than 2/10.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honest to goodness. What in the world were they thinking?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tickets cost $100 a piece, and I was near the top. It was awesome, but I love sitting on my ass at home and watching them just as much.

My Dad offered to take me to the Cotton Bowl last year but I didn't want him to spend that kind of money for my B-Day.

I basically refused to support Jerry anymore. Haven't and won't go to his new palace where the price of a large pizza with everything is $85. Screw JJ!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I basically refused to support Jerry anymore. Haven't and won't go to his new palace where the price of a large pizza with everything is $85. Screw JJ!

The guy is raking in the money left and right while our football team is mediocre. I wish so much that we had a football GM and not JJ who also thinks he is the coach. The minute he makes a statement to the media about our offense, defense, player injuries or anything else he supercedes the coach. The guy's ego is out of control. Sure miss Jimmy Johnson. Just glad he is not in control of the Rangers. Now back to baseball.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When was he offered that contract? Was it Texas that made this offer? I actually don't recall this.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was he offered that contract? Was it Texas that made this offer? I actually don't recall this.

I don't recall this either. But if it did happen it would have had to been the Rangers. At least the way I read the post, he was offered this coming out of the 2012 season. Did I misread the original post?

It would be astounding if it's true, because offering him $27 mil for 3 years, even if he had played up to expectations last season, would still be a fantastic deal for him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall this either. But if it did happen it would have had to been the Rangers. At least the way I read the post, he was offered this coming out of the 2012 season. Did I misread the original post?

It would be astounding if it's true, because offering him $27 mil for 3 years, even if he had played up to expectations last season, would still be a fantastic deal for him.

I don't think it's true. I think Murphy & baseball know he's always been a 4th outfielder. That contract doesn't add up

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reread Rev's post, and he doesn't say it was the Rangers, or when. Apparently, I "assumed" it had to be the Rangers, and after the 2012 season. No one in their right mind would have offered him this much now. And it wouldn't been huge news had he turned it down.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's true. I think Murphy & baseball know he's always been a 4th outfielder. That contract doesn't add up

I wish Murphy the best and all that. But for him to have gotten 2 @ $10 mil is a blessing for him I think.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a good contract for a 4th outfielder....seems about right to me

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I'm still dealing with some mental scare tissue of last season. Oh, and Buster Olney says the contract is worth up to $12 mil, so there's some incentives built in it seems.

Incidentally, I blame Wash a lot more than Murphy for last season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I'm still dealing with some mental scare tissue of last season. Oh, and Buster Olney says the contract is worth up to $12 mil, so there's some incentives built in it seems.

Incidentally, I blame Wash a lot more than Murphy for last season.

It's understandable why Washington gets the blame. I don't agree with it but, I understand the view.
Murphy's overall career is what makes this a good sign for the tribe. He's a quality guy for the clubhouse and pretty darn good 4th outfielder for most teams. All the best for Murphy going forward.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's understandable why Washington gets the blame. I don't agree with it but, I understand the view.
Murphy's overall career is what makes this a good sign for the tribe. He's a quality guy for the clubhouse and pretty darn good 4th outfielder for most teams. All the best for Murphy going forward.

I pretty sure most of us wish Murphy nothing but the best. I certainly do, and I agree with ya that this move might be a good one for the Tribe.

And here's my rub with Washington: He makes out the line-up card. All you expect from a player is to show up ready to play, and give 100%. Murphy did this. But his 100% sucked all season, and yet Wash just kept putting him out there day after day. It was embarrassingly ridiculous IMO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree fully on Murphy. Good guy and a good #4 OF.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty sure most of us wish Murphy nothing but the best. I certainly do, and I agree with ya that this move might be a good one for the Tribe.

And here's my rub with Washington: He makes out the line-up card. All you expect from a player is to show up ready to play, and give 100%. Murphy did this. But his 100% sucked all season, and yet Wash just kept putting him out there day after day. It was embarrassingly ridiculous IMO.
The sad part was Wash made Murphy look bad when he was giving a 100%. Murph knew what was being said and couldn't do anything about. As bad as he was he will always be remembered as a trooper to me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part was Wash made Murphy look bad when he was giving a 100%. Murph knew what was being said and couldn't do anything about. As bad as he was he will always be remembered as a trooper to me.

I'm with 100%. It was sad to see Murphy busting butt, yet getting zero to show for it, and yet Wash paraded him out there so routinely. If I'm at the game when the Tribe shows, I'll give him a good round of applause.

Status
Not open for further replies.