• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many guys have the kind of power that Gallo does. He turned 20 today and he has more power at his age than most dudes have in their prime. I hope they can work on him getting the holes in his swing worked out, because his ceiling could be quite high if he figures it out.

I watched this kid earlier this year during ST and loved his swing. He has that pretty left handed swing made for our park. A mix of Josh and Griffey. He hit some bombs too. They didn't just barely clear the wall. 440+

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate it as well, Wastin.

I'll fourth that, maybe I don't do enough digging...but it just seems harder to know about Prospects when you're so far away. Even if you get the numbers, I'd feel silly commenting because I haven't even see them play.

So thank you Wastin (and others)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the Bowden thing. Is he trolling us? Sure, I get the way-out-there-idea, but first and foremost JD is going to sign a 31 y/o to a 8/200 mill deal?
No, he's not.

Cano is a beast, but this is would be the opposite of the way JD works.
my opinion of course

not to mention all the crazy parts that would have to come together.
Seriously Bowden...

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the Bowden thing. Is he trolling us? Sure, I get the way-out-there-idea, but first and foremost JD is going to sign a 31 y/o to a 8/200 mill deal?
No, he's not.

my opinion of course

Seriously Bowden...

It's hard to believe he's not currently running a MLB team anymore. The only time of the year I would want insider is hot stove season, and that's just for the comedy

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is chi chi doing wst? I wasn't really a big fan of his when we drafted him, but maybe ill warm up to him as he develops

I have no idea. In fact my first thought was Chi Chi Rodriguez the golfer. So I went and looked and saw it was Alex Gonzalez. I would have to defer on the younger guys. Like I said one of the first things I do at work during the season is look at each box score from class A and up. So you got me on that one Terps.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's not.

my opinion of course

Seriously Bowden...

Your right. 8 years is too much. I hope baseball comes to its senses and stops with the Pujols/Fielder contracts.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to believe he's not currently running a MLB team anymore. The only time of the year I would want insider is hot stove season, and that's just for the comedy

I'm sure he has sources, but ya have to think this kind of crap is just for hits and yes...unintentional humor is the benefit

you aren't seriously paying!?
Sites will re-post his stuff.

See, you're part of the problem for paying the guy...

:D

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this kid earlier this year during ST and loved his swing. He has that pretty left handed swing made for our park. A mix of Josh and Griffey. He hit some bombs too. They didn't just barely clear the wall. 440+

We're you able to go to ST or was it on TV? If you were there that would be cool. Taking my sons to Fenway to see a game in May. Lived in Cape Cod 2 years when Yaz won the triple crown ans Sox lost to the Cardinals so I was able to go to some games there. Want them to see one of the last ballparks from the past.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Guzman has already been moved to 1B due to this defensive shortcomings, I think Mazara is coming up as a right fielder due to his arm strength but I haven't read too much else on his defense.

Pretty much the same that I last read

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospect watching will break your heart, so I stick to the big leagues. Although, being a Rangers fan since I can remember hasn't been free of heart ache.

I think you'd have better odds of picking a winner in Vegas at a craps table than banking on a 20 year old at Class A ball. I'd wait till you see some separation of talent at the AA level and even that is no guarantee. I thought we had a ringer in Buckley two years ago after he was promoted to Frisco then all of a sudden he couldn't hit the side of a barn. Last I heard he was in Arizona trying to figure it out.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're you able to go to ST or was it on TV? If you were there that would be cool. Taking my sons to Fenway to see a game in May. Lived in Cape Cod 2 years when Yaz won the triple crown ans Sox lost to the Cardinals so I was able to go to some games there. Want them to see one of the last ballparks from the past.

Some of the games were on TV. I live 10 minutes from the Ballpark in Arlington but I've never been to Surprise, AZ.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'd have better odds of picking a winner in Vegas at a craps table than banking on a 20 year old at Class A ball. I'd wait till you see some separation of talent at the AA level and even that is no guarantee. I thought we had a ringer in Buckley two years ago after he was promoted to Frisco then all of a sudden he couldn't hit the side of a barn. Last I heard he was in Arizona trying to figure it out.

That may be true but I follow it for enjoyment. Every now and then there is a player you just feel will do something.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cody Buckel, that who you meant?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. In fact my first thought was Chi Chi Rodriguez the golfer. So I went and looked and saw it was Alex Gonzalez. I would have to defer on the younger guys. Like I said one of the first things I do at work during the season is look at each box score from class A and up. So you got me on that one Terps.

OT

I met Chi Chi, the golfer, he's just as fun in person....
and
back to baseball

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev...looking at the comments on the Gallo story from ESPN, I think Chase Nguyen was making a My Cousin Vinny joke with the Callo/gallo line. Could be wrong tho

Oh...that's a good point. lol I love that movie.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sardinas is about to take a sizable tumble down the list as some of these other guys mature, don't see him being ahead of guys like Gallo, Beras, Mazara and Guzman for long

With guys like Sardinas, Profar, and Odor, I never really got the rationale to give Kinsler a sizable contract extension, due to his age and injury history

Status
Not open for further replies.