• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano is just not affordable and we don't need him. I'm not sure about Kemp but doesn't he have a history of injuries?

Kemp has had 2 operations on his left shoulder and there's some concern if he'll ever have the power he once had. Even with that, he also just seems to hurt several times a season, with a finger, ankle, something. I want no part of this guy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If possible, move Beltre to first and either EA or Profar to third. Just a passing thought.

IMO, good passing thought. I hadn't thought of this anyway.

But I do think Adrian has another season @ 3rd, before we have to consider a move. The thing I'd like to see most with him, is for him to accept the fact he's going to get more rest, and I don't give a big damn if he agrees with it or not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp has had 2 operations on his left shoulder and there's some concern if he'll ever have the power he once had. Even with that, he also just seems to hurt several times a season, with a finger, ankle, something. I want no part of this guy.
No sir I don't either. We have had our share of injuries. I'm just not big on those kind of things working out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, good passing thought. I hadn't thought of this anyway.

But I do think Adrian has another season @ 3rd, before we have to consider a move. The thing I'd like to see most with him, is for him to accept the fact he's going to get more rest, and I don't give a big damn if he agrees with it or not.
Could not agree more. Any player on the down side that really wants to help the team should gladly make the move.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I stumbled across this dumbass article.

Y! SPORTS

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes him think we would trade a guy like Perez that we just signed to a four year contract?:noidea:

That four year contract is exactly why Texas would trade him. It's one of the most team friendly deals possible. It made him a very controllable and salary cheap asset. They could flip him for some very good value.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That four year contract is exactly why Texas would trade him. It's one of the most team friendly deals possible. It made him a very controllable and salary cheap asset. They could flip him for some very good value.
Any thing is possible but I don't think that is why they signed him but would be a good position to be in if they so choose to do so.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you've said is true. But I think this is why the Rangers value him too. He's only going to get better, is affordable for 5 years, and should prove to be a bargain as time progresses. But again, everyone can be traded, and he'd sure be attractive to a lot of teams.

I don't see JD trading one of our core pitchers though.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True that is a possibility. I guess when reading it I was thinking I wouldn't want to get rid of him anyways. But you're right he is worth PLENTY right now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thing is possible but I don't think that is why they signed him but would be a good position to be in if they so choose to do so.

No, they signed him because they like him and believe in his ability, however this is also a plus to signing a guy to such a cheap contract. If they trade him or or keep him I see the contract paying off quite well for them.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you've said is true. But I think this is why the Rangers value him too. He's only going to get better, is affordable for 5 years, and should prove to be a bargain as time progresses. But again, everyone can be traded, and he'd sure be attractive to a lot of teams.

I don't see JD trading one of our core pitchers though.

I would only trade the guy for huge value. I hope he stays in the rotation.

lol if you guys remember Bennie from ESPN, he wanted Martin Perez in the minors and Ogando and Feliz to start instead.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to trade Perez because his future looks very promising, but I don't agree with the article's notion that he should be untouchable.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they signed him because they like him and believe in his ability, however this is also a plus to signing a guy to such a cheap contract. If they trade him or or keep him I see the contract paying off quite well for them.
We're on the same page. All is well in Rev town.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Hart's name came up on MlB Trade Rumors but I still haven't heard anything about the Rangers being interested. Seems like a good fit to me. Fills in at 1st when a lefty is on the mound and can play in the OF as well.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Hart's name came up on MlB Trade Rumors but I still haven't heard anything about the Rangers being interested. Seems like a good fit to me. Fills in at 1st when a lefty is on the mound and can play in the OF as well.

He cannot play night games....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8]Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night - YouTube[/ame]

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard where Cano's agency group suggested to the Yankees for a contract of 10 years and $300 mill. The Yankees having wised up and wanting to be under the luxury tax for a change said no. That is absurd. These contracts like Pujols and Fielder received should be a lesson to every team.

Status
Not open for further replies.