• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo's 38 homers in 392 ABs is very impressive but the 165 k's concerns me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit upfront that I don't have a great depth of knowledge about our minor leaguers, especially below AAA. But my question is this, do we have anyone in the minors who has legitimate power other than Gallo? His name crops up, semi-often in trade rumors, and I hope we'd have to be completely bowled over to trade this guy.

Look at us for next season, as we stand today: We've got huge question mark hanging out at 1st, an aging 3rd baseman, and we knew coming out of last season we were 2 bats down.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit upfront that I don't have a great depth of knowledge about our minor leaguers, especially below AAA. But my question is this, do we have anyone in the minors who has legitimate power other than Gallo? His name crops up, semi-often in trade rumors, and I hope we'd have to be completely bowled over to trade this guy.

Look at us for next season, as we stand today: We've got huge question mark hanging out at 1st, an aging 3rd baseman, and we knew coming out of last season we were 2 bats down.

Not many guys have the kind of power that Gallo does. He turned 20 today and he has more power at his age than most dudes have in their prime. I hope they can work on him getting the holes in his swing worked out, because his ceiling could be quite high if he figures it out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard where Cano's agency group suggested to the Yankees for a contract of 10 years and $300 mill. The Yankees having wised up and wanting to be under the luxury tax for a change said no. That is absurd. These contracts like Pujols and Fielder received should be a lesson to every team.

Apparently the NYY were paying attention. Cashman said today, until the Cano/Jay Z camp gets realistic and comes off the 10 years @ $300 mil nonsense they have nothing to talk about.

Just a thought, but I wonder if this isn't more about Jay Z trying to show he can run with the Boras's of the world even though it's his first opportunity, than it is about Cano. IMO, it's gonna blow up and make him look foolish.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is always hard to say exactly what you may end up having with 19 and 20 year olds. Brett Nicholas had a good year at 1B and is 25. Maybe he will turn out to be the lucky charm there. Of course Alfaro at C is just 20 as is Luis Sardinas. But I really like Roughned Odor as he is just 19 and hits for average and pop but still has some work on defense. Nick Williams could also be a good doubles guy but probably would play in LF as his defense is average. Then we have Luke Jackson (22) and Connor Sadzeck (22) as pitching prospects. We have to see how Beltre matures as well in the OF but not a power guy. There may be some others that I may have missed but those are some of the major players in the minors.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many guys have the kind of power that Gallo does. He turned 20 today and he has more power at his age than most dudes have in their prime. I hope they can work on him getting the holes in his swing worked out, because his ceiling could be quite high if he figures it out.

Agree with you there. He has the potential to be a monster with the bat.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always hard to say exactly what you may end up having with 19 and 20 year olds. Brett Nicholas had a good year at 1B and is 25. Maybe he will turn out to be the lucky charm there. Of course Alfaro at C is just 20 as is Luis Sardinas. But I really like Roughned Odor as he is just 19 and hits for average and pop but still has some work on defense. Nick Williams could also be a good doubles guy but probably would play in LF as his defense is average. Then we have Luke Jackson (22) and Connor Sadzeck (22) as pitching prospects. We have to see how Beltre matures as well in the OF but not a power guy. There may be some others that I may have missed but those are some of the major players in the minors.
Thank you WST. I'm sure this info is appreciated by others as well as I.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meant to add that Sardinas is a ss and Odor 2b.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Rua has some HR power (29 in 430 ABs at Hickory along with 3 more at Frisco) as well but not sure about his defense. I followed him quite a bit too and he is 23. He plays 2b and can't see that lasting with Kinsler, Profar, Odor and whoever else is around.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nomar Mazara and Ronald Guzman are supposed to have pretty solid HR potential, but not to where Gallo is yet

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nomar Mazara and Ronald Guzman are supposed to have pretty solid HR potential, but not to where Gallo is yet

I have heard of them and because of their age its one of those wait and see what we end up with type of things. I am not positive but I was thinking their defense on one of them or both was so-so. But I may be wrong on that,

jamesx122

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard of them and because of their age its one of those wait and see what we end up with type of things. I am not positive but I was thinking their defense on one of them or both was so-so. But I may be wrong on that,

I know Guzman has already been moved to 1B due to this defensive shortcomings, I think Mazara is coming up as a right fielder due to his arm strength but I haven't read too much else on his defense.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate it as well, Wastin.

You all are welcome. I go out each day to look at the box scores of all our minor league teams class A and up and like to follow them. I am not too swift on those below that level as I know we have some future studs down at the lower levels. I love baseball specially the Rangers.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all are welcome. I go out each day to look at the box scores of all our minor league teams class A and up and like to follow them. I am not too swift on those below that level as I know we have some future studs down at the lower levels. I love baseball specially the Rangers.

Prospect watching will break your heart, so I stick to the big leagues. Although, being a Rangers fan since I can remember hasn't been free of heart ache.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is chi chi doing wst? I wasn't really a big fan of his when we drafted him, but maybe ill warm up to him as he develops

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospect watching will break your heart, so I stick to the big leagues. Although, being a Rangers fan since I can remember hasn't been free of heart ache.
No it hasn't

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev...looking at the comments on the Gallo story from ESPN, I think Chase Nguyen was making a My Cousin Vinny joke with the Callo/gallo line. Could be wrong tho

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damnit....you set us up. Here we're counting on ya and nOOOOOOO. You stop at single A; like below that is beneath you.

haha......You're a good sport and thanks a lot for participating, lending assistance. Seriously, keep up the good work my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.