• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this hasnt been posted yet:

Rangers More Interested In Choo Than Ellsbury
By Zach Links [November 18 at 12:45pm CST]
The Rangers are considering a run at Shin-Soo Choo, but they've apparently scratched the other top free agent outfielder, Jacoby Ellsbury, off of their list, writes Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Choo fits the bill for Texas if they don't re-sign Nelson Cruz, but a Rangers connected person suggested they aren't likely to secure him if "rumored prices" are accurate. The Rangers aren't as intrigued by Ellsbury at this time because they are happy with center fielder Leonys Martin.

It's not clear which rumors Heyman's source was referring to, but it has been said that agent Scott Boras has previous deals for Jayson Werth (seven-year, $126MM deal) and Carl Crawford ($142MM over seven years) in mind for clients Choo and Ellsbury.

There are options beyond the free agent market, however. Heyman notes that the Rangers have also talked to Dodgers about Andre Ethier and Crawford in addition to Matt Kemp. It has been said that one of the Dodgers' surplus outfielders might be made available this offseason.

Rangers GM Jon Daniels appears to be casting a wide net in terms of free agent possibilities, but if the team is truly pleased with Martin in center field, the Rangers likely only have one space available. Alex Rios, acquired in August in exchange for infielder Leury Garcia, is under team control for 2014 and figures to patrol right field in Arlington. However, as a gifted outfield defender, he Rios could likely play any of the three outfield spots, which gives Daniels some flexibility in deciding who to target.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\
Don't bet on it. McCann and another bat should be the benchmark imo. Who that other bat should be, I'm not totally sure.
I hope it's Cruz. With the money these guys are wanting, who knows. We just didn't add enough last year and it's showing up now. To many hard to fill needs. What are you thinking about our #3 guy? If Gentry can't fill LF as many think, who then? Interesting. Moreland is a risk but still could surprise us.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\ I hope it's Cruz. With the money these guys are wanting, who knows. We just didn't add enough last year and it's showing up now. To many hard to fill needs. What are you thinking about our #3 guy? If Gentry can't fill LF as many think, who then? Interesting. Moreland is a risk but still could surprise us.

I would love to add Beltran, Cruz, and McCann. I doubt that happens unless we unload Ian's contract.
Beltran, Beltre, McCann, Cruz, Rios, sure sounds nice 3,4,5,6,7
I still think Kemp will be looked at hard by JD. I know most aren't fans of the idea, and I could be wrong. Just a guess. He's shown he will take risks in the past, with pitchers and position players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to add Beltran, Cruz, and McCann. I doubt that happens unless we unload Ian's contract.
I still think Kemp will be looked at hard by JD. I know most aren't fans of the idea, and I could be wrong. Just a guess. He's shown he will take risks in the past, with pitchers and position players.
Now that's talking RBI'S. I just can't imagine such but wishing and hoping can't hurt. McCann and either Cruz or Beltran would just be great. I do think McCann is a must if possible.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why are you so obsessed with getting rid of Kinsler? i don't see any reason that we have to give him up to get those 3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you so obsessed with getting rid of Kinsler? i don't see any reason that we have to give him up to get those 3
I don't want to get rid of Kins but I sure would if we could land those three. How do you know we can acquire them without getting shed of his contract? Lot of money on the table.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get rid of Kins but I sure would if we could land those three. How do you know we can acquire them without getting shed of his contract? Lot of money on the table.

why would it be necessary? everyone is acting like it's Hicks running the team and that we have no money at all

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not obsessed with getting rid of Ian. That's PDay that is.

I'm actually not as high on Profar as most. The only one of the 3 that would bother me if we traded is EA. I would hate to lose Elvis.

I didn't know that talking about trading a player if the right deal came along means that I'm "obsessed".

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not obsessed with getting rid of Ian. That's PDay that is.

obsessed is a little strong, but I've said he's my choice of the three MIF.
I've also noticed how scotty attacks the opinion when ever stated....has to be his jersey investment

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obsessed is a little strong, but I've said he's my choice of the three MIF.
I've also noticed how scotty attacks the opinion when ever stated....has to be the jersey investment

you and your idiotic jersey thing. it has to do with keeping a productive player while you seem to be willing to do just about anything or take anything to get him out of town. do you owe him money?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people throw other people under the bus so easily here lol. "Why are you getting mad at me when it was all Terps idea" lol. Good men

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't leaked that kinsler was asked about playing first... my scout friend told me that lol. No one else but the people on this board know that.

oh...that's right
lololololol

well, I believe it and you because it's logical for JD to cover his bases
pun intended

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Jayson Stark reports that the Red Sox were in on Ruiz until the very end, which is what caused Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. to guarantee the third year and give a slight boost in terms of average annual value.

That deal screws us in multiple ways.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\ I hope it's Cruz. With the money these guys are wanting, who knows. We just didn't add enough last year and it's showing up now. To many hard to fill needs. What are you thinking about our #3 guy? If Gentry can't fill LF as many think, who then? Interesting. Moreland is a risk but still could surprise us.

Cruz and McCann still don't fill the #3 spot. The only guy in FA that would is Beltran and his age is a concern. Granderson could be a viable backup option and might be worth a 2-3 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.