• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 3. All 3 tore their acl's. So we had to take a redshirt off a freshman qb. Then he broke his collar bone so we took the redshirt off of a qb/cornerback. Then he tore his acl so we asked everyone on the team who played qb in high school and a redshirt linebacker said he did. So we basically never threw the ball after game 4. I think we lost all 8 of our final games

That's brutal

At least the Stars are shining!!! The kids are really coming together.

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 3. All 3 tore their acl's. So we had to take a redshirt off a freshman qb. Then he broke his collar bone so we took the redshirt off of a qb/cornerback. Then he tore his acl so we asked everyone on the team who played qb in high school and a redshirt linebacker said he did. So we basically never threw the ball after game 4. I think we lost all 8 of our final games

That is crazy/ Can't say I have ever heard a team having injuries like that before.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Evan Grant says it's "looking more likely the Rangers are willing to stand pat" with our 3 MI's.
translation: Grant was wisely fed this of course, JD is in a showdown with someone, he's not going to give the impression he's eating some crap deal just to get out of the logjam. Which is probably why it was leaked that Kinsler was already asked about playing first. (back-up plan)
No, his numbers don't translate his value there, but it's better than getting screwed. And once again, it just says to teams, we'll play all three, forget any low-balling.

My opinion of course, but I'm guessing the Cards because I'm convinced they want to roll out a franchise SS next year....but it could be any of the three to whatever team.
Getting McMann is still the top priority IMO.
Sure we're linked to every high-priced FA (that we have a use for), means nothing really.
or it just means, if we can't land McMann....just feeling out other contracts, that all seem overpriced to me. At least what they are asking, typical...that's the way the game is played
I think Cruz is the best shot.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Evan Grant says it's "looking more likely the Rangers are willing to stand pat" with our 3 MI's.
translation: Grant was wisely fed this of course, JD is in a showdown with someone, he's not going to give the impression he's eating some crap deal just to get out of the logjam. Which is probably why it was leaked that Kinsler was already asked about playing first. (back-up plan)
No, his numbers don't translate his value there, but it's better than getting screwed. And once again, it just says to teams, we'll play all three, forget any low-balling.

My opinion of course, but I'm guessing the Cards because I'm convinced they want to roll out a franchise SS next year....but it could be any of the three to whatever team.
Sure we're linked to every high-priced FA (that we have a use for), means nothing really.
or it just means, if we can't land McMann....just feeling out other contracts, that all seem overpriced to me. At least what they are asking, typical...that's the way the game is played

Makes me nervous..... I can't imagine another season like the one we just had. JD and company can't afford to get skunked for the second year in a row. This team has to get a major upgrade somewhere. Getting rid of Moreland and Murphy would be first on my to do list, then retaining Cruz.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me nervous..... I can't imagine another season like the one we just had. JD and company can't afford to get skunked for the second year in a row. This team has to get a major upgrade somewhere. Getting rid of Moreland and Murphy would be first on my to do list, then retaining Cruz.

We don't have to get rid of Murphy he's a FA

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to get rid of Murphy he's a FA

Oops.... I meant don't offer him squat. Make sure he goes to another team. If he's on the roster, Wash will give him a bigger role then he deserves.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn't leaked that kinsler was asked about playing first... my scout friend told me that lol. No one else but the people on this board know that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows these days, but it won't be from us

To me it's way too early to speculate on what we will or won't do with Darvish come FA time. We've got him for several more seasons and I'm sure JD will evaluate the market/Darvish and make an appropriate decision. But to say today what might happen in 2017/18 is premature. Hell, he may be viewed as a bargain at $200 by then. But that's just speculation too.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal says Ruiz re-signs with Phillies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really surprised by this at all.

Not surprised either. But if we don't get McCann, does this mean we'll have to make a hard run at bringing Salty back? God forbid, we could get another year with AJ, but I sure don't want this.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really surprised by this at all.
A couple of guys on here were really wanting him. I am glad we didn't get him because of age. Rather go younger if possible. Not necessarily an easy task.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murphy is a FA.....impossible to tell what will happen with Moreland, if we get other pieces....l'm okay with Moreland getting another shot

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy is a FA.....impossible to tell what will happen with Moreland, if we get other pieces....l'm okay with Moreland getting another shot
Don't want to keep Moreland but it would be one less thing that needs doing. Can we really expect to: land McCann, Cruz a cof and 1st base?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can only take what is there, and jd won't be signing Murphy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to keep Moreland but it would be one less thing that needs doing. Can we really expect to: land McCann, Cruz a cof and 1st base?

Don't bet on it. McCann and another bat should be the benchmark imo. Who that other bat should be, I'm not totally sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.