• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the one that keeps baiting, and I need to grow up?

You're fooling yourself if you think I'm the only one that looks childish here, but once again you have your own definition of truth

My definition of truth was backed up by irrefutable facts that completely disproved the bull shit pouring from your mouth. Yet in your little aggie dream world, I'm somehow making up truth huh? You A&M boys have got to be the most delusional people I've ever met.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't arguing that we don't need to add power just don't agree with your idea about the route to take to accomplish it

Then it wasn't you. They were telling me that we didn't need to add power, but needed to add guys that can get on base. Then told me they wanted to sign McCann.

I'll be back. I've got to go find it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally comfortable. I wish I was this comfortable at DH, 1st, C, LF & maybe RF too.

Think about it: we have Soria, who is coming back for his second year after Tommy John surgery, and that's normally when the guys shine. We've got Scheppers, Feliz (won rookie-of-the-year), and if pushed, we could even Ogando.

I venture a guess that no MLB team is better prepared to deal with the closer than we are.

You can't really tell me you were ever comfortable with Feliz as a closer. And I love Scheppers but I am also not going to be that flippant about it and say he is ready for that role just yet. Our hope really rests on Soria and time will tell.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to remember who it was that was arguing with me about the Rangers not needing to add power to the line-up.

This article was mentioned earlier. The thing which struck me was how she negated her own logic on not resigning Cruz.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to remember who it was that was arguing with me about the Rangers not needing to add power to the line-up.

I said they need to add runs, not necessarily power, better hitters and people getting on base would accomplish that

Too many people sitting back and waiting to slug one out in years past

Quit confusing adding runs and adding power

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Jcouch Why is it so necessary to add power to the lineup? The Rangers were 8th in the league in homeruns in 2013 and only 2 behind Boston. We also came in 7th in slugging percentage. More than anything we need guys that can get on base. The Rangers were 30 points lower than Boston in OBP and and 15 points lower in batting average. The More runners they can get on base the more runs they will score. Obviously you have to replace what is being lost with Cruz in power, but other than that they need guys that can get on base.

One of my responses:
You answered your own question. We lost Napoli, Josh, AJ and now Cruz (currently) in the last 2 years. We lost too many games last year where we could not generate runs. OBP is great, but not if you can't hit w/ RISP. I can't believe anyone would argue that we need more power in this line-up. Who is protecting Beltre right now?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said they need to add runs, not necessarily power, better hitters and people getting on base would accomplish that

Too many people sitting back and waiting to slug one out in years past

Quit confusing adding runs and adding power

It wasn't you. Don't get so defensive.

In no way do I confuse runs with power.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Jcouch Why is it so necessary to add power to the lineup? The Rangers were 8th in the league in homeruns in 2013 and only 2 behind Boston. We also came in 7th in slugging percentage. More than anything we need guys that can get on base. The Rangers were 30 points lower than Boston in OBP and and 15 points lower in batting average. The More runners they can get on base the more runs they will score. Obviously you have to replace what is being lost with Cruz in power, but other than that they need guys that can get on base.

One of my responses:
You answered your own question. We lost Napoli, Josh, AJ and now Cruz (currently) in the last 2 years. We lost too many games last year where we could not generate runs. OBP is great, but not if you can't hit w/ RISP. I can't believe anyone would argue that we need more power in this line-up. Who is protecting Beltre right now?

AJ is a perfect example of a player that while hitting for some power was a terrible batter for getting runs across because he frequently put up poor ABs in clutch situations b/c he was unwilling to wait on anything resembling a good pitch

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't you. Don't get so defensive.

In no way do I confuse runs with power.

I wasn't defensive,

But we've had something like that discussion before and you frequently put power down and then justify that by saying we need runs

We need to score more runs but that doesn't require that we go out and get get all guys that hit 20+ HRs

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't just consider power to be home runs. Guys with great OPS numbers also hit doubles. They drive the ball with authority.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't defensive,

But we've had something like that discussion before and you frequently put power down and then justify that by saying we need runs

We need to score more runs but that doesn't require that we go out and get get all guys that hit 20+ HRs

Find my comment where I said that. I can't stand when people put words in others mouth to try to prove their own point. I never said anything about adding all 20+ HR guys. However I did say and still think we need to add some power to this line-up.

Hitting HR's does generate runs, and so does getting on base and hitting w/ RISP (like you said). I'm not really sure why you think you have to explain the game to me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ is a perfect example of a player that while hitting for some power was a terrible batter for getting runs across because he frequently put up poor ABs in clutch situations b/c he was unwilling to wait on anything resembling a good pitch

Moreland is in that same category.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that article she brings up Corey Hart who I wrote about yesterday. I wondered why I hadn't seen his name mentioned at all. He could be that big right bat at 1st while also playing some OF.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so much stupidity in that article I don't know where to start.

Come on. At least this person tried to think about it a little bit. $50 mill freed up, threw in Greer and Gallo/Hostetler (thought was humorous) and mentioned many of the same players we have been mentioning on this board. At least it was not the usual thoughtless articles we have been seeing. Gave us some stats to go by and in the beginning and the end made it clear that Cruz should be signed only for a price less than what his camp seems to think. I did not agree with everything said but at least this person took some time.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that article she brings up Corey Hart who I wrote about yesterday. I wondered why I hadn't seen his name mentioned at all. He could be that big right bat at 1st while also playing some OF.

I have wondered the same thing unless it is thought he wants to go back to the Brewers so badly that he will give them a discount.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find my comment where I said that. I can't stand when people put words in others mouth to try to prove their own point. I never said anything about adding all 20+ HR guys. However I did say and still think we need to add some power to this line-up.

Hitting HR's does generate runs, and so does getting on base and hitting w/ RISP (like you said). I'm not really sure why you think you have to explain the game to me.

You've done the same to me in the discussion on hitters vs batters, so I'm just playing your literal game here

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing wrong with Hart, but I wouldn't do anything more than an incentives deal, 5 million based on his ability to make the team and prove his health in ST

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how whenever someone is trying to make fun of someone from a certain fanbase, they classify everyone who cheers for said team as the same. "You're a heat fan so you've only liked basketball for 5 years" or "you're an aggie/longhorn fan so your perception on reality is wrong"

Status
Not open for further replies.