• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't going to get it over Miggy, and didn't deserve to.

Why? It's not a team award. Cabrera didn't win the triple crown this season and was hobbled the entire last month. At some point the award evolved into best player on the best team, and I don't understand why. I honestly wish they would change the name to Most Outstanding Player, and then this silly debates would end forever. In a few years it will be a joke like the GG if they continue to ignore modern metrics. It's silly that RBI are so revered amongst the voters. It and runs scored are two entirely team dependent stats.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It's not a team award. Cabrera didn't win the triple crown this season and was hobbled the entire last month. At some point the award evolved into best player on the best team, and I don't understand why. I honestly wish they would change the name to Most Outstanding Player, and then this silly debates would end forever. In a few years it will be a joke like the GG if they continue to ignore modern metrics. It's silly that RBI are so revered amongst the voters. It and runs scored are two entirely team dependent stats.

How about HR's and BA? How about how the Tigers struggled to win without him in the line-up?

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about HR's and BA? How about how the Tigers struggled to win without him in the line-up?

How the tigers do with our without Cabrera is irrelevant to me. It's an individual award, and baseball is more than homers and batting average. Breaking them down ability by ability, I would give it to Trout for his overall game this year.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the tigers do with our without Cabrera is irrelevant to me. It's an individual award, and baseball is more than homers and batting average. Breaking them down ability by ability, I would give it to Trout for his overall game this year.

How the Tigers do without Cabrera is the exact reason why he deserved it. Most Valuable Player to his team. I know it's more than HR's and BA. I just pointed those 2 out because they're not team oriented stats like runs scored and RBI's.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Tigers do without Cabrera is the exact reason why he deserved it. Most Valuable Player to his team. I know it's more than HR's and BA. I just pointed those 2 out because they're not team oriented stats like runs scored and RBI's.

MVP never mentions team. The writers assume that and I hate it.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say at some point it became the best player on the best team. I do not think Cabrera deserves it for that reason. I think he is the Most Valuable Player to his team.
Just like I think McCutchen was to the Pirates. I would have picked Andrew and Goldy over Gomez (who had the best WAR) in the NL.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say at some point it became the best player on the best team. I do not think Cabrera deserves it for that reason. I think he is the Most Valuable Player to his team.
Just like I think McCutchen was to the Pirates. I would have picked Andrew and Goldy over Gomez (who had the best WAR) in the NL.

They need to re-define their terms, because many voters take overall team performance into account.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP never mentions team. The writers assume that and I hate it.

The BBWAA does not offer a clear-cut definition of what "most valuable" means, instead leaving the judgment to the individual voters.

No wonder it's so easy to argue about.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BBWAA does not offer a clear-cut definition of what "most valuable" means, instead leaving the judgment to the individual voters.

No wonder it's so easy to argue about.

That's what I cannot stand. The award goes to one outstanding player per league.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Something tells me Trout will have plenty of MVP trophies in the upcoming years. He might have to battle Machado.
Here's to hoping he sucks ass for the rest of his life. Hate that douche.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys do profar for kemp and zach lee? Kemp has no room in their OF anymore... the only thing that isn't appealing to me is the 20+ mil a year that he's owed for the next 6 years. They'd have to eat some of that... rich bastards

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys do profar for kemp and zach lee? Kemp has no room in their OF anymore... the only thing that isn't appealing to me is the 20+ mil a year that he's owed for the next 6 years. They'd have to eat some of that... rich bastards

His health scares me but he has great stats even the year before last until he went out. But I seem to be reading more of an interest by the Mariners. They would have to eat some of the 20 mill for sure.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny how things change in a year. Last winter, the Rangers wouldn't consider Profar for Upton+. Now we're talking about flipping him for Kemp

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth I see Buster Olney reporting that the Rangers are a serious destination for Napoli. But that should be no surprise as he appreciated the love from the fans while he was here. Ready for a little Na-po-li!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth I see Buster Olney reporting that the Rangers are a serious destination for Napoli. But that should be no surprise as he appreciated the love from the fanswhile he was here. Ready for a little Na-po-li!
Good. We could use him. FB and D/H. Yep, he'll do fine.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. To early to move Profar for Kemp.

Status
Not open for further replies.