• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how he left, meaning the baseball town quote? I thought that was pretty shitty myself, when I watched the actual interview, he didn't come off quite as bad....more Hamilton insert foot disease, but still a crappy (or just ignorant) thing to say. Do I think he intended to insult the fans? No, I don't think he meant to. I don't think he was thinking. He was answering a question about being boo'ed, and he said fans had a right to boo, and he should of stopped there, like more polished players do.

I've said before if you've watched Emily outakes, a lot players (not talking about Hamilton, in fact the interviews were while he was on the team) said (smiling) that maybe the fans had become a bit spoiled...it didn't come off bad, more like they were teasing but still taking responsibility

He has changed, he doesn't seem as gracious, I absolutely agree. I think he was use to being beloved, and when it turned on him, he couldn't handle it like other players can.

The baseball town quote was only one small piece of it. He did plenty of bad mouthing besides that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puljos is a good example of a guy that can take the heat after being one of the most beloved players of our time, he was boo'ed, and he graciously took responsibility, and never made any excuses that I know of.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puljos is a good example of a guy that can take the heat after being one of the most beloved players of our time, he was boo'ed, and he graciously took responsibility, and never made any excuses that I know of.

He doesn't have to, but everyone knows his feet have been bad since like 2005.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I don't go through the ESPN archives and find out that posters knew he had tried to kill himself and were defending him when fans from other teams were coming along bashing our now hated Hamilton, that we supported so much, when he was good.
It's all still there guys....not saying anyone currently in the conversation, just sayin.

It's possible that I always expected him to relapse and get kicked out, because statistically relapse and death are a lot more common than continue to play in the MLB. (and he still may end up dying)

I'm quite serious, I think a lot of this was predictable...but I didn't see this level of hate coming, that does surprise me. Then again, he did sign with the Angels....I think that's probably a major part of it.

I loved Hamilton, until the incident at Sherlocks, and the lying after. Then leaving his team in a crucial series and cocky I don't give a shit smile as he struck out...numerous times.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the guy. I hate what he's become. I've defended the guy multiple times, but he became a different person that last season with the rangers. I'm allowed to dislike the man for his actions. It wasn't that he went to the angels, but how he left. If he would've left as gracious as he used to be, it would be all good.

Exactly. It was a lot of things the second half of that year. I just got tired of his act, and excuses. Him and his trashy wife in that press conference didn't help at all.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is he tanked the last half of the year but the fans stood behind him in spite of many very frustrating months. It was not until that playoff game that some fans had enough and booed. So out of all this all he seemed to remember was that last game. Not once did he ever take the blame for anything. The blame was the fans. And that came out when he made a ridiculous statement of shaking the dust off when rejected and leave town which is really taking that verse out of context and following it up that this is not a baseball town. It was bad enough how he went about signing with our most hated rival at the time and not keeping his word with JD but when you do it just shut up and leave. He was booed the same reason A-Rod was. They could not leave with class. I loved the guy but was very disappointed in his character from mid season and up thru his leaving.

:10:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The baseball town quote was only one small piece of it. He did plenty of bad mouthing besides that.

I don't remember that, you could be right, I just don't remember.
unless it's the dating analogy thing...which was just moronic

Why am I defending this guy?

Anyway, I was a bit shocked at the amount of 'hate' displayed towards him at the games, I was a little embarrassed, it didn't seem like our fans. I still don't get the point of it all, but I'm not really the booing type, much less taking time to make signs...I actually laughed at the amount of work put into some of those signs.
A-Rod has been treated better by our fans, the irony. :D

And I really believe posters here don't mean any real ill-will towards Hamilton. Just so I'm clear about that.
The good news for the Rangers is, I'm pretty convinced Hamilton's time is over as an above average player, I'd be surprised if he doesn't continue the same line he put up last year. If it continues, he should try and work on a deal with the Angels and just hang it up. (I know, that won't happen) Go on to Ministry or whatever it is he wants to do...and I wish him the best, hope he's not really an asshole and he stays alive...he does have 4 daughters, if nothing else.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It was a lot of things the second half of that year. I just got tired of his act, and excuses. Him and his trashy wife in that press conference didn't help at all.

No it didn't, that was really crappy.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to, but everyone knows his feet have been bad since like 2005.

Can't call that guy a quitter, that's for sure...he was out there until the foot actually ruptured

My god, the Angels...let's hope this continues (not the being hurt part) the horrible management part

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is he tanked the last half of the year but the fans stood behind him in spite of many very frustrating months. It was not until that playoff game that some fans had enough and booed. So out of all this all he seemed to remember was that last game. Not once did he ever take the blame for anything. The blame was the fans. And that came out when he made a ridiculous statement of shaking the dust off when rejected and leave town which is really taking that verse out of context and following it up that this is not a baseball town. It was bad enough how he went about signing with our most hated rival at the time and not keeping his word with JD but when you do it just shut up and leave. He was booed the same reason A-Rod was. They could not leave with class. I loved the guy but was very disappointed in his character from mid season and up thru his leaving.

He was visibly in tears when he talked about the "dust" thing, he should of just cried.

:)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't call that guy a quitter, that's for sure...he was out there until the foot actually ruptured

My god, the Angels...let's hope this continues (not the being hurt part) the horrible management part

I do enjoy watching them "win them off-season" and then fall on their faces when it actually counts.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say much tonight but enjoyed your conversations and thoughts. Sometimes you learn more by just listening. Good night everyone.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy watching them "win them off-season" and then fall on their faces when it actually counts.

I hope they don't hire anyone that knows what they're doing, I think the Mariners will be tougher next year, and the A's about the same.

We don't need the Angels getting any better.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Trout not winning MVP at least once the last two years is total bullshit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, Trout not winning MVP at least once the last two years is total bullshit.

Yeah, but the fact that he's a giant douche and an angel makes me feel a little less indignant about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.