• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you read that he tried to kill himself multiple times? I read his autobiography and there was nothing of the sort in there.

Only former Ranger that I remember in relation to suicide was RA Dickey. He had suicidal thoughts after he cheated on his wife.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only former Ranger that I remember in relation to suicide was RA Dickey. He had suicidal thoughts after he cheated on his wife.

Had warm beforehand too. Poor guy got raped twice as a little kid.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you read that he tried to kill himself multiple times? I read his autobiography and there was nothing of the sort in there.

Hamilton, tired of living a lie, tired of hurting, said he tried to kill himself days earlier. He took an overdose of pills. It was the third, maybe the fourth or even the fifth time, he said he tried to commit suicide.

"There was even a night I thought about jumping off a building," Hamilton says softly. "I had nothing to live for. So I tried to give up. There were a lot of days like that.

"I let down so many people ...I really didn't think I deserved to live."

Hamilton, confident he would have been in the big leagues and a star years ago, blinked away the tears. "It's hard for me to believe I'm alive today."

He says he is addicted to cocaine and crack but literally tried every drug on the street.

USATODAY.com - Hamilton on the comeback trail

all sorts of links Romeo, I really thought this was common knowledge, not being snarky.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton, tired of living a lie, tired of hurting, said he tried to kill himself days earlier. He took an overdose of pills. It was the third, maybe the fourth or even the fifth time, he said he tried to commit suicide.

"There was even a night I thought about jumping off a building," Hamilton says softly. "I had nothing to live for. So I tried to give up. There were a lot of days like that.

"I let down so many people ...I really didn't think I deserved to live."

Hamilton, confident he would have been in the big leagues and a star years ago, blinked away the tears. "It's hard for me to believe I'm alive today."

He says he is addicted to cocaine and crack but literally tried every drug on the street.

USATODAY.com - Hamilton on the comeback trail

all sorts of links Romeo, I really thought this was common knowledge, not being snarky.

Never have heard or read that. So much for his tell all forthcoming autobiography.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find interesting, is all those years of drug use, and he never was arrested for assault, I think he was arrested once for damaging a "friends" car.
It's unusual, usually bad people like Hamilton, while using crack/cocaine for years are arrested multiple times

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find interesting, is all those years of drug use, and he never was arrested for assault, I think he was arrested once for damaging a "friends" car.
It's unusual, usually bad people like Hamilton, while using crack/cocaine for years are arrested multiple times

He did admit to confronting his father in law at his home one time. When his father in law and A friend got anyone with him in the driveway he pulled a baseball bat out of his truck and broke it over his knee and threw out down in front of them. He told them if they were going to come at him they would need those.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I don't go through the ESPN archives and find out that posters knew he had tried to kill himself and were defending him when fans from other teams were coming along bashing our now hated Hamilton, that we supported so much, when he was good.
It's all still there guys....not saying anyone currently in the conversation, just sayin.

It's possible that I always expected him to relapse and get kicked out, because statistically relapse and death are a lot more common than continue to play in the MLB. (and he still may end up dying)

I'm quite serious, I think a lot of this was predictable...but I didn't see this level of hate coming, that does surprise me. Then again, he did sign with the Angels....I think that's probably a major part of it.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did admit to confronting his father in law at his home one time. When his father in law and A friend got anyone with him in the driveway he pulled a baseball bat out of his truck and broke it over his knee and threw out down in front of them. He told them if they were going to come at him they would need those.

Doesn't surprise me, so he's telling the truth in that instance?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I don't go through the ESPN archives and find out that posters knew he had tried to kill himself and were defending him when fans from other teams were coming along bashing our now hated Hamilton, that we supported so much, when he was good.
It's all still there guys....not saying anyone currently in the conversation, just sayin.

It's possible that I always expected him to relapse and get kicked out, because statistically relapse and death are a lot more common than continue to play in the MLB. (and he still may end up dying)

I'm quite serious, I think a lot of this was predictable...but I didn't see this level of hate coming, that does surprise me. Then again, he did sign with the Angels....I think that's probably a major part of it.

I don't hate the guy. I hate what he's become. I've defended the guy multiple times, but he became a different person that last season with the rangers. I'm allowed to dislike the man for his actions. It wasn't that he went to the angels, but how he left. If he would've left as gracious as he used to be, it would be all good.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On an unrelated note, do you guys ever read the posts from the guys still posting on espn? What a beating those guys are. I'm glad they all stayed there so they can be miserable together.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa I have never heard this about RA Dickey's past. What's his story?

Well you know his history with the rangers. On two separate occasions he was raped as a young kid. Once by a man and once by his female baby sitter.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the problem is he tanked the last half of the year but the fans stood behind him in spite of many very frustrating months. It was not until that playoff game that some fans had enough and booed. So out of all this all he seemed to remember was that last game. Not once did he ever take the blame for anything. The blame was the fans. And that came out when he made a ridiculous statement of shaking the dust off when rejected and leave town which is really taking that verse out of context and following it up that this is not a baseball town. It was bad enough how he went about signing with our most hated rival at the time and not keeping his word with JD but when you do it just shut up and leave. He was booed the same reason A-Rod was. They could not leave with class. I loved the guy but was very disappointed in his character from mid season and up thru his leaving.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the guy. I hate what he's become. I've defended the guy multiple times, but he became a different person that last season with the rangers. I'm allowed to dislike the man for his actions. It wasn't that he went to the angels, but how he left. If he would've left as gracious as he used to be, it would be all good.

how he left, meaning the baseball town quote? I thought that was pretty shitty myself, when I watched the actual interview, he didn't come off quite as bad....more Hamilton insert foot disease, but still a crappy (or just ignorant) thing to say. Do I think he intended to insult the fans? No, I don't think he meant to. I don't think he was thinking. He was answering a question about being boo'ed, and he said fans had a right to boo, and he should of stopped there, like more polished players do.

I've said before if you've watched Emily outakes, a lot players (not talking about Hamilton, in fact the interviews were while he was on the team) said (smiling) that maybe the fans had become a bit spoiled...it didn't come off bad, more like they were teasing but still taking responsibility

He has changed, he doesn't seem as gracious, I absolutely agree. I think he was use to being beloved, and when it turned on him, he couldn't handle it like other players can.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know his history with the rangers. On two separate occasions he was raped as a young kid. Once by a man and once by his female baby sitter.

Yeah just a horrible thing for any person to have to deal with as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.