• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but I don't buy it...I guess he could be that stupid. What slugger who doesn't need to lose an ounce, loses muscle mass on purpose?

I'm going with my there's something wrong with him physically theory. Which I admit is a little out there, he might be exactly that stupid.

You have that kind of money and you want to eat healthier, you hire a top notch trainer to make sure you don't lose any muscle.
Only Hamilton....:L

He could be smoking crack again.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but I don't buy it...I guess he could be that stupid. What slugger who doesn't need to lose an ounce, loses muscle mass on purpose?

I'm going with my there's something wrong with him physically theory. Which I admit is a little out there, he might be exactly that stupid.

You have that kind of money and you want to eat healthier, you hire a top notch trainer to make sure you don't lose any muscle.
Only Hamilton....:L

Only Hamilton is right. I hope when he does his autobiography it is a comedy.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a degenerative disease.

and a real bitch of one at that, it's already there...and can suddenly progress without any warning, once it progresses, it's over.

Most young people don't even know they have it because why would they be getting MRI's unless they were already having symptoms? Once you have symptoms, it's progressed.
There's no real way to prevent it that they know of, maybe some risk factors...but it's still essentially really bad luck.

For the average person, they'll eventually get hip replacements and life goes on, but for a professional athlete, career over.
Actually, even Napoli will eventually have prosthetic hips...hopefully a long time from now

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a real bitch of one at that, it's already there...and can suddenly progress without any warning, once it progresses, it's over.

Most young people don't even know they have it because why would they be getting MRI's unless they were already having symptoms? Once you have symptoms, it's progressed.
There's no real way to prevent it that they know of, maybe some risk factors...but it's still essentially really bad luck.

For the average person, they'll eventually get hip replacements and life goes on, but for a professional athlete, career over.
Actually, even Napoli will eventually have prosthetic hips...hopefully a long time from now

Wow. That is tough. No wonder we were reluctant to make a bigger commitment and now I understand why the Red Sox are doing the same. But I hope the best for the guy as I really loved having him as a Ranger.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That is tough. No wonder we were reluctant to make a bigger commitment and now I understand why the Red Sox are doing the same. But I hope the best for the guy as I really loved having him as a Ranger.

A lot of fans didn't understand, and they really bashed the front office for not resigning him.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike most fans on the board (and apparently quite a few fans at the park,) I don't hate him, so I hope he's just stupid and not sick

Hate is always a strong word. He's not a good person, and he quit on his team. I strongly dislike him. I'm glad he's no longer our problem. I think he'll have a bounce back year this year though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike most fans on the board (and apparently quite a few fans at the park,) I don't hate him, so I hope he's just stupid and not sick

I don't hate him either but the guy makes me laugh. In fact I wish he had not been such a knucklehead that last year and was still on the team but there was no way after how he ended the last half of the year. But I will never forget after that deal where he had problems from too much caffeine and he missed the West coast road trip and they were interviewing him and he interrupted them and said to the reporters, "Hey guys, it's me, Josh Hamilton". Like who else would have something like this happen. I just cracked up.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is tough, I was pretty sad to hear it, but perspective I guess...it's not life threatening.
That's why part of me says Nap should take the 14 mill why he has the chance.
Not that he's broke. :D

On that note, does anyone know how long you have to be in the Players Union to get lifetime benefits?

I read it once, but I can't remember

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough, I was pretty sad to hear it, but perspective I guess...it's not life threatening.
That's why part of me says Nap should take the 14 mill why he has the chance.
Not that he's broke. :D

On that note, does anyone know how long you have to be in the Players Union to get lifetime benefits?

I read it once, but I can't remember

Just 1 day on the roster qualifies them for lifetime health benefits. They do not even have to play in the game as long as they are active. Last I saw in 2010 once you were on the roster for 43 days you qualify for the minimum benefit of $34,000 per year and at 10 years $100,000 per year.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 1 day on the roster qualifies them for lifetime health benefits. They do not even have to play in the game as long as they are active. Last I saw in 2010 once you were on the roster for 43 days you qualify for the minimum benefit of $34,000 per year and at 10 years $100,000 per year.

Joey Butler got a cup of coffee and great health benefits.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate him either but the guy makes me laugh. In fact I wish he had not been such a knucklehead that last year and was still on the team but there was no way after how he ended the last half of the year. But I will never forget after that deal where he had problems from too much caffeine and he missed the West coast road trip and they were interviewing him and he interrupted them and said to the reporters, "Hey guys, it's me, Josh Hamilton". Like who else would have something like this happen. I just cracked up.

No player deliberately leaves the team in a division race, something was wrong with him...but now I doubt the caffeine story....something really crappy could be going on and that's why he's continued to get worse, off the charts worse (for him)

Think about it, he had the worst slump of his life, then he can't see and is dizzy, then he shows up at least 25lbs underweight.
He had a physical of course for the Angels, but many chronic problems can make it past a physical...I think he's suffering from severe migraine syndrome, could be related to the past drug use when he lost so much nasal tissue. That's my theory.
it's not entirely his approach, he always would swing at balls outside of the zone, difference was, he was drilling them. There was a pretty extensive analysis and I should have posted it, but who would of cared? The guy showed the pitches Hamilton would swing at in previous years, and the last two...and there wasn't a big difference.
I had to laugh when fans would say..."oh pitchers finally figured him out", in fact it's still funny...like pitchers were feeding him strikes all this time, they weren't and they weren't trying to, but he could hit a low and outside pitches before, he can't now...no power. (they've already determined his swing speed is essentially the same)..and of course there's the mental aspect, he presses harder and was swinging at pitches he would have taken before.

Who cares? No Ranger fan, but JD might have known something....that's really the overall point

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate is always a strong word. He's not a good person, and he quit on his team. I strongly dislike him. I'm glad he's no longer our problem. I think he'll have a bounce back year this year though.

I've really grown to like the Angels tripping over themselves in April. I hope that continues

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW...and we wonder about the temptation of PED's?
thanks for the info

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He deliberately quit on the team during his contract year where he was trying to sign with the team?
That makes sense to you?

I respectfully disagree that he deliberately quit.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...and we wonder about the temptation of PED's?
thanks for the info

PEDs are practically begging to be taken. Who doesn't like an enhanced performance and drugs??

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player deliberately leaves the team in a division race, something was wrong with him...but now I doubt the caffeine story....something really crappy could be going on and that's why he's continued to get worse, off the charts worse (for him)

Think about it, he had the worst slump of his life, then he can't see and is dizzy, then he shows up at least 25lbs underweight.
He had a physical of course for the Angels, but many chronic problems can make it past a physical...I think he's suffering from severe migraine syndrome, could be related to the past drug use when he lost so much nasal tissue. That's my theory.
it's not entirely his approach, he always would swing at balls outside of the zone, difference was, he was drilling them. There was a pretty extensive analysis and I should have posted it, but who would of cared? The guy showed the pitches Hamilton would swing at in previous years, and the last two...and there wasn't a big difference.
I had to laugh when fans would say..."oh pitchers finally figured him out", in fact it's still funny...like pitchers were feeding him strikes all this time, they weren't and they weren't trying to, but he could hit a low and outside pitches before, he can't now...no power. (they've already determined his swing speed is essentially the same)..and of course there's the mental aspect, he presses harder and was swinging at pitches he would have taken before.

Who cares? No Ranger fan, but JD might have known something....that's really the overall point

Lainey-I can't seem to find anything about the weight loss and stuff. Where are you seeing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.