• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: What do non-Tigers fans think about the chances of Scherzer getting traded and what would he fetch? Would his contracted need to be extended as part of the trade or would the acquiring team view him as a "rental"? Does Boras being his agent affect his value?

I assume any smart team that gives up a lot for him, gets an extension

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT would be shocking, I think they're looking for a bigger upgrade/upside than Drew
I would think so too, especially after all the harping going on about trading for Tulo...quite a drop in expectations.

I think the media's argument is that he's a veteran, has some power, good D...which makes him "good enough" (my words) for what they need...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It also sounds like the Rockies don't care and are willing to give him 3-4 years. He will probably hit 30 in Colorado.

I wish him the best of luck, don't get why the Rockies of all teams want to take that gamble

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume any smart team that gives up a lot for him, gets an extension
An extension would have to be part of any deal. Otherwise Scherzer would bring far less value than is deserved. The same would apply to any deal for Price IMO tags well...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so too, especially after all the harping going on about trading for Tulo...quite a drop in expectations.

I think the media's argument is that he's a veteran, has some power, good D...which makes him "good enough" (my words) for what they need...

Well, you're right and the media is wrong, they aren't going to sign Drew

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively or overall? McCann is better def. and off.

We were talking about defensively and from that standpoint it is close. Soto is a good defensive catcher, throwing out runners, calling a game. blocking pitches. A statement was made that it was not even close how much better McCann was defensively than Soto.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he traded then where else would he play? That would require Kinsler to move positions, so unless things change he is a UIF or in AAA.

yeah, I get that but it's not going to happen. Profar will not be a UIF next year

maybe I missed something

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about defensively and from that standpoint it is close. Soto is a good defensive catcher, throwing out runners, calling a game. blocking pitches. A statement was made that it was not even close how much better McCann was defensively than Soto.

Oh ok. Yeah it's pretty close on D, not so much on offense. Soto shows flashes of big time pop though. I do kind of wonder what he could do with a full time job in TX. We just don't have that luxury, unless JD gets to work in other areas.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. Yeah it's pretty close on D, not so much on offense. Soto shows flashes of big time pop though. I do kind of wonder what he could do with a full time job in TX. We just don't have that luxury, unless JD gets to work in other areas.

I have wondered that myself how he would do here with more playing time. 9 HRs in 184 ABs last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised by that. He really seemed to fit in with their team as he did with ours.

It's the danger of his health suddenly rendering him unplayable (the reason why it makes it highly unlikely teams give him more than a year), I think it's great for Napoli to see if he can get more, worse that will happen is he'll be back at a one year deal.

But if I were him, I wouldn't mess around for too long. It's entirely possible one of those hips gets worse tomorrow.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the danger of his health suddenly rendering him unplayable (the reason why it makes it highly unlikely teams give him more than a year), I think it's great for Napoli to see if he can get more, worse that will happen is he'll be back at a one year deal.

But if I were him, I wouldn't mess around for too long. It's entirely possible one of those hips gets worse tomorrow.

Is the hip problem a result of the slide into 2nd in extra innings of game 6 or is it a degenerative type disease?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a moron, unless he's sick.
He was never overweight

His wife IMO.
However, he stated that he was up late one night and saw an infomercial about "juicing"....so he started doing that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife IMO.
However, he stated that he was up late one night and saw an infomercial about "juicing"....so he started doing that.

I know, but I don't buy it...I guess he could be that stupid. What slugger who doesn't need to lose an ounce, loses muscle mass on purpose?

I'm going with my there's something wrong with him physically theory. Which I admit is a little out there, he might be exactly that stupid.

You have that kind of money and you want to eat healthier, you hire a top notch trainer to make sure you don't lose any muscle.
Only Hamilton....:L

Status
Not open for further replies.