• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEDs are practically begging to be taken. Who doesn't like an enhanced performance and drugs??

Heh
I can see the temptation for guys on the cusp of making it.... I don't endorse it, but I can understand it on some level.

I suspect there are many folks that aren't fond of drugs.
;)

As far as Nellie, I choose to believe he really was sick and trying to gain weight/muscle...who knows if that's true, but he had a great year....and would have been really rolling the dice if he continued to use after he'd already been busted
I have a hard time not liking Nelson Cruz, homerism I suppose

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey-I can't seem to find anything about the weight loss and stuff. Where are you seeing this?

You didn't see him at the beginning of the season? Holy Shitza, he had bags under his eyes, he face was drawn...and he never appeared to gain any weight. And, he admitted that he lost the weight, claiming it was on purpose. Not to long ago he admitted that he probably needed to gain the weight back. (We'll see if he can)
It was startling...let me find a pic

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deliberately quit on the team during his contract year where he was trying to sign with the team?
That makes sense to you?

I respectfully disagree that he deliberately quit.

His heart was no longer in it, and he knew he had done enough to get paid. He was going to get a contract no matter what. He didn't care where it was. Did you not see the effort after he dropped the ball in the crucial game at the end of the year? Was that a migraine? No, he is mentally weak. He had checked out.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey-I can't seem to find anything about the weight loss and stuff. Where are you seeing this?

You didn't see him at the beginning of the season? Holy Shitza, he had bags under his eyes, he face was drawn...and he never appeared to gain any weight. And, he admitted that he lost the weight, claiming it was on purpose. Not to long ago he admitted that he probably needed to gain the weight back. (We'll see if he can)
It was startling...let me find a pic

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His heart was no longer in it, and he knew he had done enough to get paid. He was going to get a contract no matter what. He didn't care where it was. Did you not see the effort after he dropped the ball in the crucial game at the end of the year? Was that a migraine? No, he is mentally weak. He had checked out.

I know the narrative, I don't buy it. I agree he's emotionally immature, collapsed under the pressure, but don't buy it was on purpose. And I still think there's something physically wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the narrative, I don't buy it. I agree he's emotionally immature, collapsed under the pressure, but don't buy it was on purpose. And I still think there's something physically wrong

You could be right on the physical part. There's no way you can convince me that he didn't quit. Whether it was because something was wrong physically, or he was slumping so bad. It's impossible to mis-read his body language, and his PA's when he would swing at 3 straight balls and smile on his way back to the dugout. His team knew it, and he was the main contributor to the collapse.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have signed outfielder Brad Snyder to a minor league contract with an invite to the big league Spring Training camp. Snyder was drafted 18th overall by the Indians in 2003 and was ranked 71st on Baseball America's top 100 prospects list prior to the 2006 season, yet despite some big minor league numbers, Snyder only has 37 Major League PA to his name (with the Cubs in 2010-11). Snyder hit .311/.370/.494 with 12 homers in 458 PA with the Diamondbacks' Triple-A affiliate in 2013, and he has a career .850 OPS over 4773 minor league PA.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin I don't know if he quit or not but I find it interesting he was basically acting the same way with the Angels.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have signed outfielder Brad Snyder to a minor league contract with an invite to the big league Spring Training camp. Snyder was drafted 18th overall by the Indians in 2003 and was ranked 71st on Baseball America's top 100 prospects list prior to the 2006 season, yet despite some big minor league numbers, Snyder only has 37 Major League PA to his name (with the Cubs in 2010-11). Snyder hit .311/.370/.494 with 12 homers in 458 PA with the Diamondbacks' Triple-A affiliate in 2013, and he has a career .850 OPS over 4773 minor league PA.

Good info....maybe he'll be a healthy Baker for next season. This seems like a really good pick up, doesn't cost much, good insurance, and hopefully he'll force his way onto the team.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right on the physical part. There's no way you can convince me that he didn't quit. Whether it was because something was wrong physically, or he was slumping so bad. It's impossible to mis-read his body language, and his PA's when he would swing at 3 straight balls and smile on his way back to the dugout. His team knew it, and he was the main contributor to the collapse.

I know I can't convince anyone, and it is possible to misread body language. I also remember him throwing his bat in frustration, something I've never seen him do.

He was all over the freaking place, and it was disturbing to watch...not to mention we needed him to hit, and it was killing us, because others were slumping too. I agree that slump probably did affect the team, probably worried they were watching the guy fall apart, and what did that say for their chances? In past years, they hit when he was hurt/out, but this was obviously different.

I said many times in the Rapid Reaction, he needed to be benched and NOT for a day. In the batter's box, before he even took a swing, he looked unglued. (this was during the big slump) After years of watching him, you could tell he wasn't going to hit.

anyway, fans will continue to take their glittery signs to the park to mock him...what else do you want? He's pretty much hated, so the narrative won.

Maybe someday when players retire, they'll talk more about what they think happened, that could be interesting

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible to mis-read body language, but impossible to mis-read his towards the end of the year.
Agree to disagree I guess. Glad he's gone.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deliberately quit on the team during his contract year where he was trying to sign with the team?
That makes sense to you?

I respectfully disagree that he deliberately quit.

I agree with ya; with Josh, he so sabotages his life, the word deliberate can't really apply.

He's a mental cripple at best, and moronic, lying fool at worst. I believe it was Fraley who said, "Josh isn't the smartest guy in the room. But sometimes he thinks he is."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with ya; with Josh, he so sabotages his life, the word deliberate can't really apply.

He's a mental cripple at best, and moronic, lying fool at worst. I believe it was Fraley who said, "Josh isn't the smartest guy in the room. But sometimes he thinks he is."
Agree DON. If he had deliberately quit the Rangers, then how can one explain why he was acting the same way with the Angels. Mental soul I suppose.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter? He quit at the end of they year. I just don't think he cares about the game anymore.

You may be right.

And I'm no religious scholar. But I believe it is written in the good book, something to the effect of honoring your employer and working diligently. Josh acts like playing baseball is some kind of "Josh X-Box game", and he's taking millions, letting his team/teammates down and doesn't give a damn about anything other than babbling about Josh and his goals while walking with God.

He takes himself too seriously at the determent of all around him.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did he quit after he was paid or is he somehow just a mental case.

Well, we grabbed him before he was a 'mental case', and that helped lead to two WS appearances
I'll take it.

Of course he's a 'mental case' he's a recovering heroin/crack addict that tried to kill himself multiple times...and then managed to make it back to Majors, you think JD did that? No, he didn't. Hamilton pulled that off. He isn't the same as the rest of the players, he never was. We all knew that, but what difference did that make when he was one of the most important pieces of those teams?
Nobody cared then, lol.

It's all GOOD, he's gone.
;)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we grabbed him before he was a 'mental case', and that helped lead to two WS appearances
I'll take it.

Of course he's a 'mental case' he's a recovering heroin/crack addict that tried to kill himself multiple times...and then managed to make it back to Majors, you think JD did that? No, he didn't. Hamilton pulled that off. He isn't the same as the rest of the players, he never was. We all knew that, but what difference did that make when he was one of the most important pieces of those teams?
Nobody cared then, lol.

It's all GOOD, he's gone.
;)

Where did you read that he tried to kill himself multiple times? I read his autobiography and there was nothing of the sort in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.