• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the O's would consider trading Wieters. Interesting

Wieters wouldn't give us much more than Soto, if any. He's been a disappointment for the O's.
His best OBP in a full year was .329. His OBP last year was an abysmal .287. No thanks.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wieters wouldn't give us much more than Soto, if any. He's been a disappointment for the O's.
His best OBP in a full year was .329. His OBP last year was an abysmal .287. No thanks.

Agree, there has to be a reason they are willing to part with him. Another one of those who were media anointed before they even played a day in the majors.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I might have missed something, but where are yall getting that the Rangers have any chance of getting Allen Craig? He has one of the most team friendly deals in baseball and plays on the smartest franchise in MLB. Why would the Cardinals trade him? The Cardinals want a SS, but why give up there rookie of the year candidate and best hitter? I very well could be missing something, but just trying to see where yall are coming from. Is it because he is injury prone?? Do the Cardinals think they plug in Adams and get the same production? Matt Adams hit .230 last year against lefties he is no where close to the hitter Craig is. I just can't see it.

Thanks.

This was started when Justin threw out a decent lineup and I chimed in and trade for Miller ($490,000 sal) and Craig (5 yrs for 31 mill). So it would be two FAs and a trade. The FAs would be McCann and Beltran/Cruz).

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really dont think he would be an option for us, his price tag is extremely high and I would hope that they would use whatever prospects for a bigger fish. Wieters is not the target I would pursue in a big trade.
If we're talking about trading for a catcher, I would be more interested in Jason Castro. Astros say he's not available, but we all know that any and everybody on the Astros is available...

I have watched Brian McCann play his entire career here in Atlanta - he's a class act, a great team leader, and a solid catcher - offensively and defensively. But I really feel we will badly overpay for him. Would a Ruiz be a better option for a couple years till that kid in the minors is ready?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about trading for a catcher, I would be more interested in Jason Castro. Astros say he's not available, but we all know that any and everybody on the Astros is available...

I have watched Brian McCann play his entire career here in Atlanta - he's a class act, a great team leader, and a solid catcher - offensively and defensively. But I really feel we will badly overpay for him. Would a Ruiz be a better option for a couple years till that kid in the minors is ready?

That's a good question. Alfaro is probably at least 2 years away. I think if you can get a player like McCann to catch your young pitchers for the next 4-5 years you do it. I just would like us to either sign him, or move on to Ruiz/Navarro. We missed out on everyone last year.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas signs INF Adam Rosales to a 1 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.