• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you that are worried about Harrison, there's an article on ESPN Dallas about him. He's down about 10 pounds from his normal playing weight, and says last year left a bad taste in his mouth.

One of the good things about Harrison is he is all business. We do not have to worry about him doing everything possible to be back where he needs to be.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Soto as a catcher and am not sold on Moreland. But I am sure that McCann would catch enough. I want him mainly for his bat.

That's crazy, so much of McCann's value is derived from his catching ability. He's an exceptional defensive catcher and pitch caller.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy, so much of McCann's value is derived from his catching ability. He's an exceptional defensive catcher and pitch caller.
He can do it all. Soto will be back up as in the past.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont feel that is accurate because everything that was talked about when A-rod opted out of his original contract after he was traded to the Yankees that we sign him to stated that the Rangers were no longer obligated to pay A-rod anything after that. Now whether they have his salary figured into a longer term plan that gives him money for many years in smaller amounts rather than a large sum im not sure, but that is not counted against the payroll because it was already factored in with his original contract.

It is very possible that we are still going to be paying what we owe to A-rod 20-30 years down the road, I think many players have their salaries structured like that, but that doesn't count against current payroll.

i checked spotrac and it shows that all dead money cleared this last season so we go into 2014 free and clear

Jcouch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I might have missed something, but where are yall getting that the Rangers have any chance of getting Allen Craig? He has one of the most team friendly deals in baseball and plays on the smartest franchise in MLB. Why would the Cardinals trade him? The Cardinals want a SS, but why give up there rookie of the year candidate and best hitter? I very well could be missing something, but just trying to see where yall are coming from. Is it because he is injury prone?? Do the Cardinals think they plug in Adams and get the same production? Matt Adams hit .230 last year against lefties he is no where close to the hitter Craig is. I just can't see it.

Thanks.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i checked spotrac and it shows that all dead money cleared this last season so we go into 2014 free and clear

ok yeah the dead money is cleared, but that had nothing to do with Arod's contract lol....that was what we included in the Michael Young trade. Also, that site shows we paid Roy Oswalt for 2013 yet he signed as a free agent to the Rockies. Also, I dont think we paid all the salary for Garza and Rios and neither of the sites we both referenced take that into account. But there is also nothing reported as to how much the other teams are paying us when we made those trades.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the O's would consider trading Wieters. Interesting

i really dont think he would be an option for us, his price tag is extremely high and I would hope that they would use whatever prospects for a bigger fish. Wieters is not the target I would pursue in a big trade.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually thinking that Moreland was gone under this scenario so I understand playing McCann at catcher. But if he is exceptional then Soto is somewhere in that vacinity. He has a slightly higher % at throwing out base stealers than McCann and calls a good game. But if McCann is catcher I would rather see Craig at 1st and Gentry in LF if Beltran is the DH. I want some speed to go with our bats.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see the next team paying Beltran getting screwed, I don't want us to be that sucker

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking that Moreland was gone under this scenario so I understand playing McCann at catcher. But if he is exceptional then Soto is somewhere in that vacinity. He has a slightly higher % at throwing out base stealers than McCann and calls a good game. But if McCann is catcher I would rather see Craig at 1st and Gentry in LF if Beltran is the DH. I want some speed to go with our bats.

Sorry, but there's more to being a great catcher than throwing out base runners. McCann > Soto and it's not really close.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I didn't realize his normal playing weight was 250. That guy is a horse.

I've met him in person (2 years ago)... sure doesnt seem to be 250. Josh (hamilton) yes... Harrison...no.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I might have missed something, but where are yall getting that the Rangers have any chance of getting Allen Craig? He has one of the most team friendly deals in baseball and plays on the smartest franchise in MLB. Why would the Cardinals trade him? The Cardinals want a SS, but why give up there rookie of the year candidate and best hitter? I very well could be missing something, but just trying to see where yall are coming from. Is it because he is injury prone?? Do the Cardinals think they plug in Adams and get the same production? Matt Adams hit .230 last year against lefties he is no where close to the hitter Craig is. I just can't see it.

Thanks.

Was wondering this myself....

I've heard Freese & Adamns mentioned by the media.... only place I've seen Craig mentioned is by "wishful fans"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just see the next team paying Beltran getting screwed, I don't want us to be that sucker

I agree with you completely. Signing him on the backside of his career to see pretty good bucks, and probably more years than we need or desire would be foolish, IMO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you completely. Signing him on the backside of his career to see pretty good bucks, and probably more years than we need or desire would be foolish, IMO.
We agreed on this already. Now there is three of us.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met him in person (2 years ago)... sure doesnt seem to be 250. Josh (hamilton) yes... Harrison...no.

I believe Hamilton was down to like 225 at the end of the season last year. He looked awful. He went on some kind of gluten free diet and lost about 30 lbs. This guy has to be experimenting with his body - good or bad ways - constantly it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.