• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree DT on him just being consistent. I saw the word haters by some others and I guess I did not know we had any Holland haters around. Last year was his best year and he is just 27 so I hope it just keeps getting better.

On the pitcher being more valuable every 5th day than a position player all you have to do is think about Arizona when they had Johnson (21-6) and Schilling (22-6). It was almost a guarantee that they would win 2/5ths of their games. That means the other 3 pitchers/bullpen just needed to win about half of the time and they have a 90 win season. To have a pitcher that you feel very confident will get you a win, stop a losing streak or whatever has a very positive affect on the rest of the team.

So the position players on that team weren't as valuable? Those pitchers were able to not only pitch, but run out and field it then throw it to first where they could catch it?
I said the pitchers were more valuable on the day they pitch, but I don't think they are as valuable over the 5 days before it rolls over again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh I was saying it's very good. Hambombs is the one saying he was inconsistent.

Edit: It was a mis-understanding. Terps is the one saying he's been inconsistent.

I know 3.42 is good Romeo.

No problem. Just a misunderstanding.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree DT on him just being consistent. I saw the word haters by some others and I guess I did not know we had any Holland haters around. Last year was his best year and he is just 27 so I hope it just keeps getting better.

On the pitcher being more valuable every 5th day than a position player all you have to do is think about Arizona when they had Johnson (21-6) and Schilling (22-6). It was almost a guarantee that they would win 2/5ths of their games. That means the other 3 pitchers/bullpen just needed to win about half of the time and they have a 90 win season. To have a pitcher that you feel very confident will get you a win, stop a losing streak or whatever has a very positive affect on the rest of the team.
As for as I know, there are no Derek haters. Some get their feathers ruffled and start getting free with words having no meaning such as Derek haters. Utterly absurd!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the position players on that team weren't as valuable? Those pitchers were able to not only pitch, but run out and field it then throw it to first where they could catch it?
I said the pitchers were more valuable on the day they pitch, but I don't think they are as valuable over the 5 days before it rolls over again.

I'd say it about evens out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for as I know, there are no Derek haters. Some get their feathers ruffled and start getting free with words having no meaning such as Derek haters. Utterly absurd!

I don't think that was thrown at anyone in here, but there were plenty over on espn wanting to trade him for a bag of baseballs last off-season.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone actually think we would sign Jacoby? I just don't us shelling out that kind of money for a CF. I love his game, when healthy, but why would we? Would we move Leonys to LF? Could we planning to trade Leonys along with EA/Profar?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Derek found his change up doesn't really mean anything to me because I mean he has always had the stuff, right? His problem has always been mental. Losing it after a walk, or allowing consecutive two out hits.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone actually think we would sign Jacoby? I just don't us shelling out that kind of money for a CF. I love his game, when healthy, but why would we? Would we move Leonys to LF? Could we planning to trade Leonys along with EA/Profar?

I don't think so. For one thing he can't stay healthy. For another, we need COF with consistent 25-30 home run power.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what are you saying? Justin Grimm is just as valuable as Randy Johnson? Grimm had position players behind him? Oh, wait. You mean a pitcher can make a huge difference. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the position players are not valuable. But top of the line pitchers are hard to find and they make a huge difference in a team making it into the playoffs. The Rangers of the past will tell you how things went without pitching.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Derek found his change up doesn't really mean anything to me because I mean he has always had the stuff, right? His problem has always been mental. Losing it after a walk, or allowing consecutive two out hits.

No, he hasn't always had THAT change-up. It was his best pitch when he came up (because of his mid 90's FB), but he got away from it. It is the reason he had so many K's this year.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are you saying? Justin Grimm is just as valuable as Randy Johnson? Grimm had position players behind him? Oh, wait. You mean a pitcher can make a huge difference. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the position players are not valuable. But top of the line pitchers are hard to find and they make a huge difference in a team making it into the playoffs. The Rangers of the past will tell you how things went without pitching.

That comparison has absolutely nothing to do with what I was comparing. Comparing Grimm to Johnson? Go back and read how the conversation started. I don't want to bring it up again.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he hasn't always had THAT change-up. It was his best pitch when he came up (because of his mid 90's FB), but he got away from it. It is the reason he had so many K's this year.

I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like the last time he had a strong season he got really complacent and came out the next year and struggled pretty bad. I really hope that's not the case this time, and he's learned to always stay hungry for better results, but his maturity has always been a question.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comparison has absolutely nothing to do with what I was comparing. Comparing Grimm to Johnson? Go back and read how the conversation started. I don't want to bring it up again.

Don't give a flip what you want.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it. I feel like the last time he had a strong season he got really complacent and came out the next year and struggled pretty bad. I really hope that's not the case this time, and he's learned to always stay hungry for better results, but his maturity has always been a question.

Yeah, never mind that intestinal virus he had that made him lose 15 lbs of body weight. I'm sure that had no effect on his performance.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland has a spot
as does Harry
and they should

daniels isn't talking outta the side of his mouth here. I think he likes his starters going into the spring and see's one spot open with good in house options for that spot. I could be wrong, time will tell

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, never mind that intestinal virus he had that made him lose 15 lbs of body weight. I'm sure that had no effect on his performance.

Good point. I forgot about that. His best season was definitely last year. I would have liked to see what the overall results would have been without that virus.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forgot that. But that was at the end of may-early june. He had a bunch of starts before that and still struggled. Not really a cop out to me

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland has a spot
as does Harry
and they should

daniels isn't talking outta the side of his mouth here. I think he likes his starters going into the spring and see's one spot open with good in house options for that spot. I could be wrong, time will tell

I feel good if Harrison is back. That will be the key. Still would not mind a Tanaka locked up for 5 years.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue how Darvish didn't net at least ONE first place vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.