• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pursuing Tanaka won't leave much/any wiggle room. We need to add at least 2 bats. I think if we add a pitcher it will be someone like Hudson, or Johnson

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards turned down the Orioles' pitch for Miller. I wouldn't think a deal revolving around JJ Hardy would tempt them

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev.....this team went what, 2 decades? without having a winning record, and this guy takes em to the playoffs. Hell, I'd vote for him if he ran for mayor.

He also took the Rockies to the the WS if memory serves.

He's done nice things in Pitt but the other side of the argument will be their level of talent now is far better than in years past. That's why being a manager/head coach is ultimately a losing proposition. You'll get bitched about by fans and you'll eventually get fired.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 4 starters and a hole. Ogando has already been spotted to the bullpen Tepesche is as you said a WIP. Lewis is a last resort.
Right on Scottie. Yu is Yu, Derek is a roller coaster. and Perez will get better. Beyond that is anybody's guess. The positive side is Harry may come back and be fine. Ogando is bp and Tepesche is wait and see. IMO the Cards have what we need with Miller and Adams. Rather see that scenario than throwing big money for another pitcher.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done nice things in Pitt but the other side of the argument will be their level of talent now is far better than in years past. That's why being a manager/head coach is ultimately a losing proposition. You'll get bitched about by fans and you'll eventually get fired.
Good point. The Rangers have living proof. Two WS attempts under Wash and the bitching never stops.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on Scottie. Yu is Yu, Derek is a roller coaster. and Perez will get better. Beyond that is anybody's guess. The positive side is Harry may come back and be fine. Ogando is bp and Tepesche is wait and see. IMO the Cards have what we need with Miller and Adams. Rather see that scenario than throwing big money for another pitcher.

I would rather have Craig than Adams.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

now seeing that St. Louis wants Andrus and if so they need to up the ante a little. they are talking Miller and Craig who we could use at 1st and DH but they need to throw in at least 1 prospect

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now seeing that St. Louis wants Andrus and if so they need to up the ante a little. they are talking Miller and Craig who we could use at 1st and DH but they need to throw in at least 1 prospect

I think with everything that happened with Nolan that JD would have to be blown away to trade a fan favorite like Elvis. Fans that really know the game would be ok and able to get over it, but a lot of people would not like it. He does so may things for this organization. I would hate to lose Elvis, especially since I'm not big on Profar. Good thing we have SS in the minors that are rising as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a prospect is all it takes to get EA ,they will come around.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't believe some of you guys still don't give Holland much credit. He had a very good year. Holland is in no way a question mark in the rotation.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with everything that happened with Nolan that JD would have to be blown away to trade a fan favorite like Elvis. Fans that really know the game would be ok and able to get over it, but a lot of people would not like it. He does so may things for this organization. I would hate to lose Elvis, especially since I'm not big on Profar. Good thing we have SS in the minors that are rising as well.

JD doesn't strike me as a guy who gives a shit what the casual fan thinks of a given move makes the team better.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe some of you guys still don't give Holland much credit. He had a very good year. Holland is in no way a question mark in the rotation.

I agree. I think Harrison will be back strong too. If there's a pitcher I'd like to sign for a 1 year deal or possibly 2, it's Kuroda.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not writing him off. Just don't rate him as high as you.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD doesn't strike me as a guy who gives a shit what the casual fan thinks of a given move makes the team better.
I agree. It's purely about keeping a winning contending team in Texas which keeps um coming back to the Ballpark in high numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.