• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt JD trades Moreland unless he gets his replacement at 1B AND is given a good return, most teams want Moreland as a buy low candidate.

I don't see us trading Moreland actually. My point was, if he does get traded it won't be to the Cards. Moreland does have some power, plays pretty good 1st and I'm looking, perhaps hoping, for a bounce back year. Besides, he's very cheap and if we're looking to save a few bucks and hope for the best, Mitch qualifies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right field

Sorry, just don't Mitch as a platoon RF. I know he "can" play there, but his value and strength IMO is as a 1st baseman. Honestly don't see where he has any trade value as a 1st baseman/part time RF.

But, I've been wrong before.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops....meant to say platoon OF.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... Maybe a 3 way trade would work then. We could get really creative with this stuff. Send profar/ea to the cards, send mitch to one team, have that team send a prospect to the cards, and try to pry wacha from them. I don't care what anyone says. NO ONE is untouchable. It would be foolish to not consider an offer you can't refuse. The cardinals have so much depth at starting pitcher its ridiculous. Waino, Wacha, Miller, Lynn, Garcia, unlimited hard throwers in the bullpen that could possibly be converted, they still have carpenter who always comes back strong no matter how long he has to sit out. Wacha, as good as he is, is very expendable right now. He'll be costly, but there is no way he is untouchable. I bet if we offered EA and someone else they would strongly consider it.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Moreland is an obvious possibility. But as was pointed out above, the Cards don't want him, period. And to whomever....the Cardinals are not going to part with Wacha; again, period.

As much as I liked Byrd, I didn't think he was what we were looking for in the OF.

I agree with these statements.....the obvious trade is Profar+OF spec (maybe another player added) for Miller+Adams. Would love to be able to pry Taveras from them in a package but I dont think that will happen.

also, if we are looking to sign an OF without having to give up a pick, the options are very thin.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, just don't Mitch as a platoon RF. I know he "can" play there, but his value and strength IMO is as a 1st baseman. Honestly don't see where he has any trade value as a 1st baseman/part time RF.

But, I've been wrong before.
Weather you agree or not is your opinion but the answer is RF, DH, 1FB

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're getting miller and adams, then I want it to only be profar. No one else. fuck those guys.

If its Wacha, then take someone else idgaf. I just really really want a kid like wacha on this team. It sounds so good. He was damn near perfect this postseason besides the very last game. Yu, holland, wacha, perez. Good lord

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're getting miller and adams, then I want it to only be profar. No one else. fuck those guys.

If its Wacha, then take someone else idgaf. I just really really want a kid like wacha on this team. It sounds so good. He was damn near perfect this postseason besides the very last game. Yu, holland, wacha, perez. Good lord

i'm hearing that one trade idea now is Elvis for Miller and Craig

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do that for profar, but definitely not for elvis. I think though that before we pursue any other outfielder we should probably see if nelson cruz will take a slight paycut.

I think if we're trading elvis we shouldnt settle for miller. They need a better ss, plain and simple. I think craig is a good player, but I just think we can get more for elvis

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about trading elvis to the tigers for scherzer? I haven't really heard us talk about this yet.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I read one more rumor involving Nellie going to the Mariners, I'm going to throw up.

that is all

Status
Not open for further replies.