• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think that the best of the 3 to trade is elvis for us? Free up money, keep the better hitter, let profar play his natural position, + get good talent in return? I love elvis, but if we could pull off a trade that brings shelby over here and frees up some cash lets pull the trigger
I think EA opens up the possibility of a bigger trade. IMO Profar simply brings Miller to the table (which on its own is great), but EA brings more than Miller...that's where we can get the bat. But I would think we would also have to bring more to the table, but maybe only prospect(s)?

MLB Radio this evening (bowden) is convinced that Cards GM is targeting Profar....

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think that the best of the 3 to trade is elvis for us? Free up money, keep the better hitter, let profar play his natural position, + get good talent in return? I love elvis, but if we could pull off a trade that brings shelby over here and frees up some cash lets pull the trigger

I would do that for sure

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think EA opens up the possibility of a bigger trade. IMO Profar simply brings Miller to the table (which on its own is great), but EA brings more than Miller...that's where we can get the bat. But I would think we would also have to bring more to the table, but maybe only prospect(s)?

MLB Radio this evening (bowden) is convinced that Cards GM is targeting Profar....

I can see where you're going with that line of thought, and I've honestly thought of that too. The cardinals are one of the few teams that wouldn't balk at the back end of Elvis' contact, and frankly they need a short stop bad enough that they shouldn't balk at it. Given their need for a ss, and the value he would bring to their team we could easily get a package of Miller+ for Elvis.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outta the 3, I think he makes the most sense and will bring the best return. And I too would really hate to see EA go, but baseball can be a cold/heartless business sometimes.

Miller looks like a stud in the making, and who knows who else might be involved when it's all said and done.

I don't trade Elvis. He's a top end player at a top end position entering the prime of his career. Many aspects of his game aren't taught. Might be the smartest baseball player on this team.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trade Elvis. He's a top end player at a top end position entering the prime of his career. Many aspects of his game aren't taught. Might be the smartest baseball player on this team.

He's definitely got a high baseball iq, and you're right, players like that don't grow on trees. I'm not sure there's a better fielding short stop in the game besides maybe Brendan Ryan and he doesn't hit for nearly the average Elvis does.

With that said, we still have a lot jam at the middle infield and Elvis may be the most marketable to a team like st Louis. I'm not saying you put him on the block per se, but it would be foolish to not dare three cardinals to make you an offer you couldn't refuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone possibly think that for elvis maybe we can get wacha and adams? Same trade that we'd get for profar besides wacha.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone possibly think that for elvis maybe we can get wacha and adams? Same trade that we'd get for profar besides wacha.

I'm being Wacha is a closer to untouchable as it gets. But if anyone could tempt them it's probably Elvis

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do that for sure

If they want Profar, I'm for finding out how bad before I offer up Elvis. I doubt Bowden actually knows but if he really wants Profar he may make a proposal to our benefit. Don't be to hasty. If not, then go with Elvis.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely got a high baseball iq

Yes. Losing Hamilton upped the baseball IQ on the team quite a bit. I know people give Kinsler shit for doing weird things, but he's a lot more baseball savvy than he is given credit for IMO. I think the only guys on the 40 man last year that weren't quite up to snuff in that dept were Nelly and Engel Beltre. Also Profar is still really young, but he seems to be learning well. AJ IMO was just lazy, but I think he's a lot smarter than he seems. So yeah me rambling.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why it shouldn't be brought up. For elvis freakin andrus ALL we want is wacha and an expendable first baseman

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami GM told Bowden on MLB Network radio that Stanton was not available. The president wasn't as definitive.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hear anybody talking about him, but has anyone heard about us being interested in Granderson? He only offers power and speed but I could see it if options fall through.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hear anybody talking about him, but has anyone heard about us being interested in Granderson? He only offers power and speed but I could see it if options fall through.
How does his defense rate?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury problems. He has a lot of trouble staying healthy. He's a last resort option in the OF IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.