• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on Yahoo, 5 guys from the AP gave their opinions on where some of the FA would go, and this is what they said: (1) Two thought Cruz would stay here for 3/4 years and around $45 mil (2) Two thought McCann would sign with us for 5 @ $80 mil and (3) Two think Santana comes here for 5 @ $70.

It's just 5 guys opinions but I thought it was at least interesting. Make of it what you will.

They weren't selling burgers were they? Sorry, couldn't help myself. It is interesting. Santana scares me but if he is on he is tough as can be. But that is the problem. Him being on that is.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the second half of the season? Elvis found that pop. He missed out on probably 3 or 4 more homers because he hit them to the deepest part of the park instead of pulling them. It's not his job to crank out homers, but he's 25. We've not seen all EA can do. No sir.

I overstated with "no pop at all." And he did drive the ball with more authority late last season. But this said, I still don't look for EA to be a double digit long ball hitter, and the "projections" of Profar's power is much greater. Two season ago, the chat was he'd be a 18-20 type HR guy.

Still, if I'm the Cards, I'd rather have EA.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I overstated with "no pop at all." And he did drive the ball with more authority late last season. But this said, I still don't look for EA to be a double digit long ball hitter, and the "projections" of Profar's power is much greater. Two season ago, the chat was he'd be a 18-20 type HR guy.

Profar looks a lot more like a 15 homer guy than a 20 homer guy.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather have Tulo.... then EA.

No knock on Profar...but proven MLB talent >>> "potential" MLB talent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Tulo.... then EA.

No knock on Profar...but proven MLB talent >>> "potential" MLB talent.

In a vacuum, yes. But when you consider the cost of tulo it's not hard to understand what might make profar a more attractive option.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, yes. But when you consider the cost of tulo it's not hard to understand what might make profar a more attractive option.

I agree. He's terrific player and a good guy too. But that contract would be tough.

Profar won't be eligible for FA until 2020, and will be really cheap for the next 2 years too. But, if we're talking about the Cardinals and trades, money will probably not be an obstacle. From what I've read, they have money AND players to deal.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for what it's worth Fraley states that the Cardinals prefer Andrus over Profar. He did have some great plays in the 2011 WS.
He's the proven quantity, can't blame them there. Cards want to win now, Profar has huge upside, but there's risk -we haven't seen him play everyday on the big stage. And the Cards can afford Andrus' salary...

I want Miller on this team!!! No Price, no Lynn, no Tanaka...Miller and Adams for Andrus or Profar plus a prospect, and I'm happy...then we go after a FA bat...and all is good with the world...:suds:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the proven quantity, can't blame them there. Cards want to win now, Profar has huge upside, but there's risk -we haven't seen him play everyday on the big stage. And the Cards can afford Andrus' salary...

I want Miller on this team!!! No Price, no Lynn, no Tanaka...Miller and Adams for Andrus or Profar plus a prospect, and I'm happy...then we go after a FA bat...and all is good with the world...:suds:
I'll drink to that. Bring em' on. Those two, Cruz and one more.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think that the best of the 3 to trade is elvis for us? Free up money, keep the better hitter, let profar play his natural position, + get good talent in return? I love elvis, but if we could pull off a trade that brings shelby over here and frees up some cash lets pull the trigger

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think that the best of the 3 to trade is elvis for us? Free up money, keep the better hitter, let profar play his natural position, + get good talent in return? I love elvis, but if we could pull off a trade that brings shelby over here and frees up some cash lets pull the trigger

Outta the 3, I think he makes the most sense and will bring the best return. And I too would really hate to see EA go, but baseball can be a cold/heartless business sometimes.

Miller looks like a stud in the making, and who knows who else might be involved when it's all said and done.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't exactly free up cash this year. Elvis is only on the books for 6.475 MM this season. His raise kicks in 2015 so unless someone agreed to a super back loaded contract, which I hope they are wary off after the Angels did that with Pujols, then it doesn't really do much to save money this year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to my scout buddy. He told me that they have spoken to ian about possibly moving to first next season already. Not that its breaking news or anything, just worth mentioning. He wouldn't tell me anything else. Idk if its because he isnt allowed to or if he simply just has nothing else to report.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to my scout buddy. He told me that they have spoken to ian about possibly moving to first next season already. Not that its breaking news or anything, just worth mentioning. He wouldn't tell me anything else. Idk if its because he isnt allowed to or if he simply just has nothing else to report.

The only way I see that happening is if they're already talking to somebody about a deal including Moreland that brings back something that makes the team better.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more of a "hey you might have to move to 1st next year if we can't make anything happen this offseason. If it came to that would you be alright with it?" type of conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.