• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone saying McCann prefers Boston? Look, I don't mind Olney....but McCann's agent could not speak any higher about how he would fit in here.
We could at least call it a draw.

That could be a strategy to get the price tag up. Do you expect him to say, Brian's not that interested in anyone besides Boston? No, he tells the teams what they want to hear. I'm sure Brian is interested in multiple teams, with the Rangers being one of them. I also think if the Rangers and Sox offer close to the same amount he will be in a Boston uniform.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would we lose Ian & Cruz just to sign McCann?

that's not an upgrade, for the life of me....why do people think this...then we have MORE freaking offense to replace.
It's gotta be McCann plus

that means the offense has to come through trades, Ian and EA do have ten teams to veto.
I don't know, just doesn't seem like moving either one is a easy solution. I get the impression some posters do think it's that easy

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be a strategy to get the price tag up. Do you expect him to say, Brian's not that interested in anyone besides Boston? No, he tells the teams what they want to hear. I'm sure Brian is interested in multiple teams, with the Rangers being one of them. I also think if the Rangers and Sox offer close to the same amount he will be in a Boston uniform.

Of course it's a strategy to get the price up, but he's laying it on thick to teams that McCann would prefer, that's my interpretation.

Everything Olney said about the clubhouse and McCann was also said about our clubhouse. I didn't read anything in that article that said Boston somehow had the edge, Olney can only report what he's told and if he's saying "an edge"...that probably came from the agent, and like you said....it's just to get us both up on price.

My point is, I don't believe they actually have any edge.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm, if I'm reading that right, they have a shitload to spend? At least 40 mill?
Please tell me I'm wrong

They only have 11 players signed at that much money. 40 Million can only so far over 14 spots.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will American kids sue the MLB over the lack of an international draft? I think it's unfair to our homegrown talent that they have to go through the draft when these other kids from Cuba or wherever can just show up and choose who they play for and make LOADS of money without worrying about the low end rookie contracts.

Aren't the rules about to change? I thought that's why we went crazy trying to sign in the International market, wrap up the best before?

I don't know, not something I've followed much

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I am not even joking. I went to the bars with Pete last night because it was his brother's birthday. No one even knew it was him. But he brought home 3 girls for himself and some other dude I didn't know that was with him. He's a really weird dude... everything he says is sarcastic and almost nerdy. Definitely doesn't belittle you or anything though due to his status.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, and I found it a little odd, he couldnt stop talking about comic book stuff. Like the Avengers and batman and xmen and stuff. Whatever floats your boat I guess

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, and I found it a little odd, he couldnt stop talking about comic book stuff. Like the Avengers and batman and xmen and stuff. Whatever floats your boat I guess
Who are you talking about?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude is clutch, and he is very good defensively. He just doesnt consistently produce enough on offense though. Great dude though, so I wish him the best.

One thing I thought was really funny was that he has all this money and he still has a flip phone. Later that night I asked him "Do you have a twitter?" and his response was "no I have a flip phone, how could I have a twitter?" Best response ever from the weirdest dude ever.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB trade rumors quoted the Cards GM today saying that they would trade " a young starting pitcher for a young controllable Shortstop." I've been thinking about this, would we be willing to accept a trade of Profar for Miller straight up? I would love Miller on this staff...

I know, I know, we need offense...and I totally agree. But we may be able to get there with Cruz and McCann (or Ruiz), provided of course we can sign them!

we do need offense more than pitching, but Miller is very likely an automatic "impact player" (also cheap and controllable), all GM's including JD love that. I assume there is some communication going on, and I assume JD would push for a bat as well.
As far as straight up, I doubt it. You'll have one side saying "he's already proven", and the other (ours) saying..."I'm not trading the top prospect position player for a young pitcher" (injury risk, and young pitchers can flame out pretty quick.)
Both players come with some risk, and that's why both teams would insist on other trades in the (hypothetical) deal...and both GM's are tough cookies.
all my opinion of course.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals and Rockies will discuss a potential Troy Tulowitzki trade at this week's GM/owner meetings, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports. The Cardinals have also asked the Rangers about the possibility of trading for Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar, Passan writes.
The Cardinals' troubles at the shortstop position are well-known, as is the depth of its young talent, so potential Tulowitzki or Profar deals have long been the subjects of fan speculation. The Rockies have said they aren't interested in dealing Tulowitzki, but Passan suggests that Rockies ownership may be coming around to the idea of freeing itself of the seven years and $134MM remaining on Tulowitzki's contract, which carries through 2020 (with a club option for 2021).
Passan writes that one potential piece the Rockies might receive in return is first baseman Matt Adams, who so far has been blocked by Allen Craig in St. Louis. Adams hit .284/.335/.503 in part-time duty for the Cardinals this year. The Rockies would also like a pitcher -- the Cardinals will not trade Michael Wacha, but Shelby Miller appears to be a possibility. Adams and Miller would highlight a package of three or four players that the Rockies might receive in return for Tulowitzki.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals and Rockies will discuss a potential Troy Tulowitzki trade at this week's GM/owner meetings, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports. The Cardinals have also asked the Rangers about the possibility of trading for Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar, Passan writes.
The Cardinals' troubles at the shortstop position are well-known, as is the depth of its young talent, so potential Tulowitzki or Profar deals have long been the subjects of fan speculation. The Rockies have said they aren't interested in dealing Tulowitzki, but Passan suggests that Rockies ownership may be coming around to the idea of freeing itself of the seven years and $134MM remaining on Tulowitzki's contract, which carries through 2020 (with a club option for 2021).
Passan writes that one potential piece the Rockies might receive in return is first baseman Matt Adams, who so far has been blocked by Allen Craig in St. Louis. Adams hit .284/.335/.503 in part-time duty for the Cardinals this year. The Rockies would also like a pitcher -- the Cardinals will not trade Michael Wacha, but Shelby Miller appears to be a possibility. Adams and Miller would highlight a package of three or four players that the Rockies might receive in return for Tulowitzki.

If the Cardinals make that happen, then I wish nothing but bad things for their entire organization from top to bottom from here to eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.