• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCann, Cruz, and Morales/Napoli. OR
Ruiz/Navarro, Cruz, Morales/Napoli.
Instead of just Shelby Miller, I bet they're still talking about a Tavares deal.
MLB trade rumors quoted the Cards GM today saying that they would trade " a young starting pitcher for a young controllable Shortstop." I've been thinking about this, would we be willing to accept a trade of Profar for Miller straight up? I would love Miller on this staff...

I know, I know, we need offense...and I totally agree. But we may be able to get there with Cruz and McCann (or Ruiz), provided of course we can sign them!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't believe that the Dodgers are going to even try and beat the Yankees latest offer of 7 years, $160M

The Dodgers have shown they're willing to try to buy a championship. If I had to guess, I would think Cano returns to Yankees, for a lot less money than he planned.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers have shown they're willing to try to buy a championship. If I had to guess, I would think Cano returns to Yankees, for a lot less money than he planned.

Yankees want to be able to wipe the slate clean on their repeat offender status in the luxury tax dept.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will American kids sue the MLB over the lack of an international draft? I think it's unfair to our homegrown talent that they have to go through the draft when these other kids from Cuba or wherever can just show up and choose who they play for and make LOADS of money without worrying about the low end rookie contracts.

I agree Rev. I do not get the double standard here because those international players will still want to make it in the MLB especially anywhere outside of Japan.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Elvis is 25 years old. People were freaking out about how amazing Matt Adams is going to be, and you know how old he is? He's 5 days younger than Elvis Andrus. Yeah Elvis has been in the league since 2009, but he's not aging or slowing down. He had a horrid first 91 or so games and then turned it on and showed his true potential down the stretch of the season. That contract is going to look better and better each year.

Well, I disagree with your disagreement. So there. haha

All kidding aside, I love EA and defended him vigorously on "the other site" from any and all attackers. But, IMO, his trade value is no where near what Profar's is, and his contract - cost/length/lack of pop - is the cause. EA age is a non factor.

If EA never leaves the confines of Arlington, I'll be fine. But I see his lack of value as a trade chip is all I'm saying.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and JD has a track record of saying one thing and doing another

What... lol I feel like you just tried to save yourself or something. Ya he does, but I'm just saying that this was said from his own mouth. Until I see attempts otherwise, that's probably what we should all go off of

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What... lol I feel like you just tried to save yourself or something. Ya he does, but I'm just saying that this was said from his own mouth. Until I see attempts otherwise, that's probably what we should all go off of

so this time we should believe him? why is this off-season different?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making it sound like we SHOULDNT believe him because he said it. It came from his own mouth, so until he shows otherwise then why not? It makes more sense than to intentionally not believe him because we think everything he says is a lie

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making it sound like we SHOULDNT believe him because he said it. It came from his own mouth, so until he shows otherwise then why not? It makes more sense than to intentionally not believe him because we think everything he says is a lie

all i can say is smoke screen. that's just my feeling on the matter. i could be wrong

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if it literally came from JD's mouth, I think we should at least believe it for now. It could very well be a ploy, but I don't think we should have the mindset of "whatever our front office says is a lie/strategy."

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees want to be able to wipe the slate clean on their repeat offender status in the luxury tax dept.

I actually think they are just resetting the penalty phase, I'd look for them to go over as soon as they are able

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they are just resetting the penalty phase, I'd look for them to go over as soon as they are able

Yeah that would be next year. If they are under this year they start over.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying you're wrong, but if it literally came from JD's mouth, I think we should at least believe it for now. It could very well be a ploy, but I don't think we should have the mindset of "whatever our front office says is a lie/strategy."

not saying the FO is lying just that it could be just a smoke screen so the term is strategy. i want to believe that saying we need to improve our offense trumps any comment on payroll and he has said both.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all about signing Brian McCann. Catchers with career wRC+s of 117 that play great defense do not grow on trees. Dude would be a king in Texas.

So am I. If JD thinks this guy can be an "impact" player, I think they will surprise some and spend on him.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone saying McCann prefers Boston? Look, I don't mind Olney....but McCann's agent could not speak any higher about how he would fit in here.
We could at least call it a draw.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.